last nite sloppy joes

mia_queenbee

last night i cooked sloppy joes out of the meals in 5 minutes book and everyone loved them. i made a lil adjustment though kept out tom puree and used pasata instead made it syn free :D so def reccomed that to everyone x

Sloppy Joes?..dunno what they are. Always willing to learn though :p

Here is my experimental recipe of Sloppy Joe's..............

Pete’s Sloppy Joes

Serves 4
Ingredients
500g Mince Beef
1 Onion, finely chopped
1 Garlic, finely chopped
250mL Passata
1 Green Bell Pepper
1 Tbsp. Sweetener
1 Tbsp. Worcester sauce
1 Tbsp. Apple Vinegar
1 Tsp Thyme
1 Tsp Paprika
1 Tsp Mustard
Wholemeal Baps

Method

In a heavy frying pan brown the mince in small batches by cooking at a high heat and allow to brown before disturbing, set aside.

Add fry Light to the pan and cook the onion, pepper & garlic for 5 mins or until transparent.

Return the mince to the pan and add the Passata, sweetener, Worcester sauce, mustard, vinegar, thyme & Paprika. Mix well and allow to fully cook, adding seasoning to taste, serve in a wholemeal Bap.

I made it today, what can I say! just delicious.........Want more!!

Pete’s Sloppy Joes

Serves 2
Ingredients
250g Low Fat Mince Beef
1 Onion, finely chopped
1 Garlic, finely chopped
250mL Passata
1 Pepper, chopped
1 Tbsp. Sweetener
1 Tbsp. Worcester sauce
1 Tbsp. Apple Vinegar
1 Tsp mixed herbs
1 Tsp Paprika
1 Tsp Mustard
Wholemeal Baps 3.5Syn or 1xheb each

Method

In a heavy frying pan brown the mince in small batches by cooking at a high heat and allow to brown before disturbing, set aside.

Add fry Light to the pan and cook the onion, pepper & garlic for 5 mins or until transparent.

Return the mince to the pan and add the Passata, sweetener, Worcester sauce, mustard, vinegar, mixed herbs & Paprika. Mix well and allow to fully cook, adding seasoning to taste, serve in a toasted wholemeal Bap.

Attachments

• sloppy Joe's-1 (Large).JPG
    sloppy Joe's-1 (Large).JPG
    194.7 KB · Views: 187
  • Sloppy Joe's-2 (Large).JPG
    Sloppy Joe's-2 (Large).JPG
    210.7 KB · Views: 183
Back