Last stone!

Charlll

God this is impossible seeming, I've been trying for a year. I feel ok-ish with my weight, but I'm still carrying alot on my thighs and bum, and I know I'd feel alot happier if I lost (maybe not a stone) 10lbs. Any tips? Every day i wake up thinking I'll try and it goes to pot.

I would defenitly recommend writing down everything you eat!! Do this for a week of your normal eating habbits, then you can look at it and maybe see where your going wrong. I always find that I don't wana go crazy on the food cus i know i have to write it all down and it makes me feel guilty! just an idea anyways! theres lots of support here! good luck with whatever you decide to do :) xxx

Hiya Charlll, I know exactly where you're coming from - been hovering around the '1 stone left to lose' mark since NOVEMBER and am sick to the back teeth of it. Bad habits have become ingrained. My main problem is that I can be very goody-goody during the working week but tend to go off the rails at weekends, mostly boozing to let off steam and then making bad food choices under the influence.

I have decided to join in the summer challenge thread and actually SET A DATE for my weight loss goal, and work towards it. Also I was getting lazy with my food recording (esp. at weekends) so I am going to try going back to recording everything I eat and doing it publically here, so I'll revive the old thread I used to use for that. I think since I stopped coming here it has made it easier to let things slide, so regularly visiting here will be part of my latest attempt to get back in control of things. You're welcome to join me in the What Have We Eaten thread, I'm hoping it will be motivational.

I know it must seem hard to understand for people who are at the other end of the journey - just one little stone!!! It does get harder though, to be motivated when you're often tempted think 'oh size 14/16 isn't SO bad', and harder to stick to it when you have to work out harder and consume even less calories to get the same results because your BMR has shrunk...

I agree with the others too - keep a food diary. I do it online, using Foodfocus and it's so easy Seeing what calories I need on a little graph, and making sure I eat less, even if just a little bit less, is all it takes! Good luck x

Does anybody else find that on the food focus website sometimes the calories they give are a bit wrong? like too high or too low?? ..xx

I found a website that tells you how to work out the calories on everything yourself , my scales have been used lots!! so i have just been doing that and keeping a written food diary of it. Its going well so far! :)

Does anybody else find that on the food focus website sometimes the calories they give are a bit wrong? like too high or too low?? ..xx

I use Tesco Diets and they frequently get the calorie amounts wrong - even on their own Light Choices products! :rolleyes: I go by what it says on the pack and fiddle about with amounts. I often use the 10 cal jelly pots as a standby so I can round up the figures to match what's on the pack or what my kitchen scales tell me.

I use Tesco Diets and they frequently get the calorie amounts wrong - even on their own Light Choices products! :rolleyes: I go by what it says on the pack and fiddle about with amounts. I often use the 10 cal jelly pots as a standby so I can round up the figures to match what's on the pack or what my kitchen scales tell me.

Yeah I find it much better just to work out the calories myself using my scales (and my phone calculator!) haha, not so great at the maths! :) But I just feel safer doing it myself because if the computer gets a few things wrong every day you could be under or over eating and not even know it! xxx

Back