Late Night Carbs/Weight Gain

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by Mr_Wombat, 23 August 2008 Social URL.

1. Mr_Wombat

Mr_Wombat Gold Member

I've reached the point today where its dawned on me that this is probably the reason I put so much weight on :eek:

Basically, my old habit was to have no breakfast, sandwich-based lunch, and then eat my evening meal quite late in the day (between 7:30pm-9pm and occasionally as late as 10pm). Being a bit of a carb lover, this must have been a huge mistake.

Online calorie counters suggest that the amount I was eating before was the right amount of calories for me, so I guess that the following three habits:

1 - No brekkie
    2 - Not very active
    3 - Carbs ahoy late in the day

must have been what I was doing wrong.

Has anyone else on here made the same/similar mistake, and did you find that changing these three habits for the better without changing your actual calorie intake helped to shift the fat?

I am going ahead with a more calorie controlled diet now, with brekkie, more exercise and dinner before 7pm every day to see how i get on, but at the moment I am a bit cynical. :p
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Rela

Rela Wannabe Lean!!!

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Low Carb / Wii Fit LOL
    I totally agree with your theory. I was much the same, I'd skip brekkie because it was all about getting the kids up, washed, dressed, fed, watered etc etc, then rush a lunch, then not have 'dinner' until they were in bed at night so I could sit and eat in peace, or I'd be too wiped out I'd take a sarnie to bed with me LOL

Just knocking the eating late on the head has made all the difference to me I think, so give it a try you never know? :) x
  4. Mr_Wombat

Mr_Wombat Gold Member

Thanks Rela :)
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.