Laura and the amazing vlcd

Hi Valenine - thanks for your support. I am happy with will power but I am soooo determined to lose this weight that it was not hard to resist other foods. And well done on your wk1 of 11llbs that is absolutely fantastic!! Hope week 2 is going well for you xx

Wow Chazz - 10.5llbs is brilliant. Well done you! Lets hope we both do well for week 2, it is just a boost isn't it and makes it all worth while when you see big loss. Nothing except vlcd can lose weight this fast....I love it!!

That's a brilliant start. good luck with week 2 :)

Quick question..... Does anyone know if it is ok to drink tonic water instead of plain water? Thanks

Phew pleased Easter is over and I can get back into a routine tomorrow I have been 100% except for Friday when I had some ham and salad I just wanted to eat something Am going to try and stick to TS for a full 7 days without any little thing of food I think I stayed in ketosis so feel very lucky WI 2 on Wednesday morning and am hoping that it is a good loss even after the ham!!

So WI 2 today and lost 4.5 pounds this week so that's 10 in 2 weeks which on most diets would be amazing but on here seems a bit low when I look at what the rest of you are getting :-( I know I had a couple of slips but don't think I was out of ketosis at all. Drinking about 3 litres of water a day so it's not that. Maybe totm is making it lower this week Oh well I will stick with it but feeling a bit low!

Last edited:
Well I got through another day and managed to stay 100% even tho felt really low I will take it one day at a time and fingers crossed the weight will come off even if it slow Off to sleep now.... Tomorrow is another day

Today is day 17 for me and another bank holiday I have stuck to TS for the last week and feel ok I am sad that I am not getting the level of losses that others have on this site but all I cam do I'd keep going Down 10 pounds so far and am still aiming for my mini goal of out of 15s by the end of the month Will WI on Sunday and see how I have done

Does anyone have any ideas that might help me lose faster please Thanks x

Last edited:
Saturday: am feeling more positive today The sun is shining and I am off to town to meet friends fir coffee - mine will be black :) took a sneaky look on scales today an d am still 2 pounds off my mini target of getting into the 14s by the end of the month Oh well it will happen I am sure in a few days time Will be 100% today :)

Sunday 1 may and I did my end of month WI Was trying to get into the 14s but weight today is exactly 15 stone I am happy though cos that is 12 pounds in 19 days Not sure why I thought my weight loss was small now :) Happy Bank Holiday everyone hope you are all enjoying the sun x

Last edited:
Today is day 21 for me so WI 3 will be tomorrow. Yesterday I had a planned eating day as I was meeting a friend I have not seen in a few months. We went for a posh afternoon tea, little sandwiches, scones with cream and jam and cakes!!! Felt really weird eating that stuff after 3 weeks of being almost 100% TS. Did not eat it all as I felt a bit sick. When I got home I could not stop sneezing - my body saying no to the sugar!!! Back on TS today and am happy with that! Will see how bad WI will be in the morning. Will be 100% again now until next planned eating day on 14 May when I have a family party.

WI 3 today and I lost a further 3.5 pounds this week so now at 13.5 pounds which is almost a stone in 3 weeks!!!! I am really happy with that plus I am now in the 14s which feels great! Roll on week 4!

A few days on and I have been 100% except for Friday when I had some ham and rocket Also have had some coke zero Was dad today as I took a sneak peek at scales and I have gained a pound!! have decided coke zero may be not for me so back to 3 packs and just water WI day for me is Wednesday and I will try not to weigh again until then Maybe it was the ham but who knows could just be a mid week blip!! I will keep going cos I really do feel different at almost a stone lighter in 3 weeks and I only have 7 and a half weeks left Am thinking about the holiday and I want to feel which is a great motivator Hope everyone else is doing ok xx

Hiya Laura

Them scales are funny things at times...i was a every day user once many moons ago and there was days where they went up by 2lbs and then down by 4lbs then up a lb the next day lol...It must be just fluid levels changing i think ...your doing great huni xxx

Hiya Laura

Them scales are funny things at times...i was a every day user once many moons ago and there was days where they went up by 2lbs and then down by 4lbs then up a lb the next day lol...It must be just fluid levels changing i think ...your doing great huni xxx

Hi Tracey

Thanks for the encouragement! Just done WI 4 and I did lose this week after all - only 2 pounds but it is still a loss and I will take it :) I think you are right about the fluids as I have been 100% everyday except 1 when all I had was a bit of ham and salad.

Like you I am now on AAMW but I don't think I will as I feel fine and my loss is not going as fast as I would like - 15.5 pounds in 4 weeks is low for VLCD but fast for most! i hope you enjoyed your chicken last night though ;)

Good luck this week (as if you need it cos you're are doing amazing)

L xx

Update after 1 month:

I have been doing Exante for the last 4 weeks and I have stuck to it 100% most days but have had a couple of planned eating days and a few non-planned! I was concerbned that I was not losing weight as fast as some others on Exante but honestly I do not know any other diet where I could lose over a stone in a month.

It is not easy to do and sometimes life just gets in the way. I have learned not to beat myself up about it but to start again the next day as if the eating had never happened. I feel so much better, I notice the loss in my clothes but I also feel better inside!! I know I am headed in the right direction and that feels great.

So roll on month 2 and for everyone else out there who may be finding this a hard thing to do - you are not alone! Just stick with it as best you can and the weight will still come off :)

WI 5 today and I lost another 2 pounds I have been 100% TS except one day I know it would better loss if I was always 100% but it just is not happening for me But the weight is coming off and that is what is most important The plan was to feel better about myself on holiday and I leave on 9 July for Italy and I plan on continuing on exante for six more weeks If I lose at 2 ponds a week then overall I will have lost 30 pounds which I would be happy with Anything more will be a bonus!

So this week should be ok Am out for family dinner on Saturday which is a planned for event otherwise I will be TS 100%

L x

WI 6 today and lost another 2 pounds despite family dinner on Saturday night Sadly on Sunday I gave myself permission to keep eating but straight back to TS from Monday morning Hoping to stick fully to TS this week Only have until end of June - 5 weeks then introduce some food before holiday on 9th July Even if it is only 2 pounds a week that will be 10 more and will be 2 1/2 stone off....looking forward to that I want to stick to it and try and lose the target I set is 3 stone so any tips would be much appreciated Thank you

I have had a week of reasons to eat....or excuses anyway It is only 5 weeks now til hols and I was aiming for 3 stones off but that won't happen now I have lost 1 stone 8 pounds in 7 weeks so maybe I can get to 2 stones plus 3 or 4 pounds

I will keep posting my diary now I am getting back to ketosis Fingers crossed for no bad head tomorrow

Back