Lauralozzle's CC diary - journey to 9 stone.

lauralozzle

Okay, so I'll introduce myself first. I'm Laura, and I have been calorie counting on and off for around a year. I keep falling off the wagon, and I hope that this will help me! I'm new here! I have been using another calorie counting site, and will continue to use that site to calculate the calories!
I'm 146.2lbs (10 stone 6.2) and I would like to get down to 9 stone! My weigh-in days are Sunday.
I'd like to lose this weight before my friends wedding next year, as I'm a bridesmaid.

So, eats today:

Breakfast: Scrambled egg cooked in fry-light, mushrooms cooked in fry-light, chopped tomatoes, slice of wholemeal toast and quorn sauasges.
529 calories
Lunch: Baked potato, tuna, mayo, sweetcorn, cucumber, goats cheese and chives.
519 calories
Dinner: Quorn sausages, mashed potato, peas and sweetcorn.
530 calories
Total: 1578

I have a deficit today of: 317 calories.

Not a large deficit by all means, but I'm still burning more calories than I am consuming, which is a start! I didn't have any snacks today, but that's becuase I had breakfast late, and lunch about an hour or so later than usual (I usually have a snack between lunch and dinner, but I wasn't hungry becuase of eating later). Feel quite proud of myself today, I'm cooking sauasges for everyone, and they smell very nice, but I shall stick with the quorn!

Good luck with your new start! If it's any consolation, I am a serial diet failure but this time I have taken it one step at a time and made lots of small goals and the weight is falling off, so don't think because you couldn't do it before that you can't do it now :D

Thank you plums. :) My big downfall is usually chocolate (in some form or another). I know I shouldn't eat it (not just for the sat fat, but becuase it makes me quite ill in larger quantities). Problem is, once I start, I think 'Screw it!' until an hour or so later. Then I regret it twofold becuase I have the worst tummy ache on the planet!
My food diary is quite good today - not as many calories as yesterday though.

Breakfast: Slice of wholemeal toast with olive oil margarine and marmite. Yeo-valley 0% natural yogurt with strawberries and 3/4 of an apple.
339 calories
Lunch: Tuna salad with rocket, cherry tomatoes, cucumber and yellow pepper. A few sprays of fry-light salad spray.
182 calories
Dinner: River cobbler, new potato salad with mayo and chives, butter beans and salad of rocket, cherry tomatoes, cucumber and cheese.
Around 700 calories (not sure yet, not had it yet so not weighed everything out!)
Snack: May have a scrambled egg between lunch and dinner, not sure.
103 calories.

Total: 1324 calories.

Don't know the deficit yet, because I plan on doing a workout later!

Hi Laura, I have similarish goals/height etc so will def keep an eye out. Both diaries to date look fantastic!

With the risk of sounding totally ignorant, what is a river cobbler may I ask? :D

Hello :) I'm also calorie counting, first time for me though. So I'm new and looking for ideas :) love fish! X

lauralozzle said:
Okay, so I'll introduce myself first. I'm Laura, and I have been calorie counting on and off for around a year. I keep falling off the wagon, and I hope that this will help me! I'm new here! I have been using another calorie counting site, and will continue to use that site to calculate the calories!
I'm 146.2lbs (10 stone 6.2) and I would like to get down to 9 stone! My weigh-in days are Sunday.
I'd like to lose this weight before my friends wedding next year, as I'm a bridesmaid.

So, eats today:

Breakfast: Scrambled egg cooked in fry-light, mushrooms cooked in fry-light, chopped tomatoes, slice of wholemeal toast and quorn sauasges.
529 calories
Lunch: Baked potato, tuna, mayo, sweetcorn, cucumber, goats cheese and chives.
519 calories
Dinner: Quorn sausages, mashed potato, peas and sweetcorn.
530 calories
Total: 1578

I have a deficit today of: 317 calories.

Not a large deficit by all means, but I'm still burning more calories than I am consuming, which is a start! I didn't have any snacks today, but that's becuase I had breakfast late, and lunch about an hour or so later than usual (I usually have a snack between lunch and dinner, but I wasn't hungry becuase of eating later). Feel quite proud of myself today, I'm cooking sauasges for everyone, and they smell very nice, but I shall stick with the quorn!

How did u work out ur deficit?

I use caloriecount website - it's at about.com (don't think I'm allowed to post links) to work out my eats - it gives me my deficit. I include my workouts there too!

So, I didn't have any eggs - instead I had a packet of quavers, and I ommited the cheese for dinner (didn't fancy it today).
So, calories for dinner ended up at 672. My total for the day is 1,279. So, not as many calories, and I ahve quite a large deficit of 742.

I worked my butt off on my exercise bike, 21 minute interval training - my legs felt like jelly afterwards! Haha.

lauralozzle said:
I use caloriecount website - it's at about.com (don't think I'm allowed to post links) to work out my eats - it gives me my deficit. I include my workouts there too!

So, I didn't have any eggs - instead I had a packet of quavers, and I ommited the cheese for dinner (didn't fancy it today).
So, calories for dinner ended up at 672. My total for the day is 1,279. So, not as many calories, and I ahve quite a large deficit of 742.

I worked my butt off on my exercise bike, 21 minute interval training - my legs felt like jelly afterwards! Haha.

Hello :) Will be following your diary. Your food sounds lovely xx

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks everyone. :)

So, today. More food than I had yesterday - was quite hungry at night, but I didn't eat anything else after my dinner.

After my workout - which was weight-lifting. I hate weight lifting, but I do like the excuse for a big protein-filled breakfast afterwards!

Breakfast: Scrambled egg, mushrooms cooked in fry light, cherry tomatoes cooked in fry light, quorn sauasages and a slice of toast.
454 calories
Lunch: Jacket potato with beans and cheese.
393 calories
Dinner: Homemade Quorn cottage pie with brussel sprouts.
570 calories

Total calories: 1,417

Again. I've had lots of fibre today. :) Also spent a good hour doing some reading for uni - I feel a TINY bit more prepared now!!!

It's weigh in day tomorrow *fingers crossed!*

Oh, I forgot to add what my deficit for the day is!!!! Well, it's 438, so not too bad at all!!! My deficit's so far add up to 1497 which is just what I wanted! (500 cal deficit each day!)

Thank you everyone!!!!

Okay, so I took my measurements today which are as follows:

Waist: 28.5"
Hips: 30"
Thighs: 22.5"
chest: 36"

My body fat came up at 26.2% which according to the website I used is 'acceptable'.

One day, my hips will get smaller!!!!

So, my food for today seeing as I've calculated it all.

Breakfast: Shreddies and milk.
178 calories
Lunch: Ham and cheese salad with rocket, tomato and cucumber and a few sprays of fry-light salad spray.
291 calories
Dinner: Pork tenderloin wrapped in parma ham with roast potato, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, runner beans, gravy and a yorkshire pudding.
529 calories
Snack: Packet of quavers, an apple and half a brownie.
252 calories.

Total calories: 1,251 calories.

Deficit: 676 calories.

Oh, and I also spent 35 minutes on my exercise bike. And then did some more work for uni. I'm feeling rather productive today, might even iron!

I folded yesterday - late last night when I was watching the tele. Wanting food - ended up having crackers and cheese!!! :( Oh dear.

Well, at least I've admitted it. That's a start.

Today is a new day. It will be a better day.

So, I don't have such a large deficit today, but I still have one, and that's the point, right? I haven't done that much exercise, was meant to do some weights this morning, but I was so tired!!!!!!

So, my eats for today!

Breakfast: Shreddies with milk.
Lunch: Prawn pasta with lemon juice and black pepper. Sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
Dinner: Rice, quorn sausages and cauliflower.
Snack: Rice crispies Squares. Slice of wholemeal toast with tomato puree and cheese (like a pizza toast).

Calories for the day: 1,397.

Deficit: -368.

Tomorrow I'm going to Castleton in the peak district to go hiking with my bf and dog. So, that will be a whole day of tough exercise (It's super hilly and rocky there! It tires me out!). It's sort of a tradition to go to the chip-shop afterwards (my boyfriend will certainly want to go after all that walking) and so tomorrow I'll probably be eating around maintainence calories. I'll probably not eat all the chips, and will most likely have a bite of the batter and then peel it off and eat the fish underneath, that's surely better than eating all the batter!!!!

I am guessing that quite a few calories will be burned though - hopefully it will all even itself out. I'm packing me a healthy lunch to compensate for it too!!!!!!

Castleton yesterday was lovely. The sun was out, it was lovely and warm, and the country-side in the peak district is just breath-taking. I had a truly wonderul day. We ended up walking for around three and a half hours, which I have calculated as ALOT of calories burned. My shoulders are achy today becuase of the backpack, and my legs are sore becuase of the walking.

I do not regret the fish and chips I had either. I didn't eat all my lunch, and the serving size from the chippy was small. I'm pretty positive that yesterday ended with a deficit.

Today has ot been so good - didn't have breakfast, went to a shopping centre and had a jacket potato (so, not the worst thing I could have grabbed), but then I turned into a hula-hoop eating monster. My fault, that's why breakfast is such an important meal. Good job weigh in is not tomorrow though - my sodium intake would be through the roof!!!

So, apart from sore shouders and thighs I am very pleased with yesterdays efforts. It was the first time I've driven so far too (I only passed my test a month or so ago). Hopefully, if the weather behaves, we might go out somewhere different next week. :)

Back