Laura's bit of everything diet!

HI Ladies! dont have time for much of a post at I got to bed at 4,30am and am just off to uni to do my presentation! eek

but weighed in this week at 18 stone 7, that is -3lbs. Happy with that!

That makes a total 1 stone 6 off in 6 weeks, lets hope the next 6 weeks goes equally as well!

xxxx

Awesome lost hun :clap: huge well done keep up the great work hun you will be seeing the 17s soooooo soon :D

Im sure the presentation went well but oh how i dont envy you lol im the same blush then get all hot and bothered and sweaty lol attractive not! i hate it when all eyes are focused on me talk about completly uncomfortable.

Heres to another great weight loss week hun the next 6 shall be a breeze :D x

YAY. another 6 weeks! lol

Well I updated my signature! Did nearly a stone, would have been better without those pluses but all in all Im quite happy and I think Im doing well, all heading in the right direction! Wish I weighed on Thursdays tho cos I weighed in this morning and I was flicking between 18 stone 4 and 5! lol would have took me to a stone!

Oh well sets me up well for next week, especially as my next night out is monday, bit annoying that I have two nights out in-between weigh ins! Have to make sure I am not persuaded out at the weekend otherwise my first week will be a lost cause lol!

Last night was really fun, I went to alternative valentines night, indie/rock bands covering love songs, it was very funny and I really enjoyed myself, but I did end up drinking til 3am and eating take away pizza. A massive intake of calories there, but then I saw a massive loss on the scales this morning! lol Its odd, I do find that nearly every time I go out drinking tho, I see a big loss the next morning. Just the way my body reacts, which is really weird as alcohol dramatically decreases fat burn cos of the strain it puts on your liver. Who knows whats going on ay?! Probably see the gain tmrw :p

Roll on the next 6 weeks!

YAY. another 6 weeks! lol

Well I updated my signature! Did nearly a stone, would have been better without those pluses but all in all Im quite happy and I think Im doing well, all heading in the right direction! Wish I weighed on Thursdays tho cos I weighed in this morning and I was flicking between 18 stone 4 and 5! lol would have took me to a stone!

Oh well sets me up well for next week, especially as my next night out is monday, bit annoying that I have two nights out in-between weigh ins! Have to make sure I am not persuaded out at the weekend otherwise my first week will be a lost cause lol!

Last night was really fun, I went to alternative valentines night, indie/rock bands covering love songs, it was very funny and I really enjoyed myself, but I did end up drinking til 3am and eating take away pizza. A massive intake of calories there, but then I saw a massive loss on the scales this morning! lol Its odd, I do find that nearly every time I go out drinking tho, I see a big loss the next morning. Just the way my body reacts, which is really weird as alcohol dramatically decreases fat burn cos of the strain it puts on your liver. Who knows whats going on ay?! Probably see the gain tmrw :p

Roll on the next 6 weeks!

Your doing awesome hun 6 weeks in and going strong :d cant wait to see the results of the next 6 weeks!

It just goes to show that long term you will be fine your coping with nights out and a little bit of naughtyness but your getting back to it and still seeing a good lost for those 6 weeks average 2lbs a week and thats just right for keeping it off forever hun :D

Sounds like you had a great night lol and yep i know what you mean about those pesky scales lol hopefully though even if you do gain a little bit from the pizza it wont effect the overall loss next week just keep your head in the game hun as your doing great :D xx

Thanks hun!

Well yesterday went okay until the evening when my hangover kicked in and I got chip shop chips haha woops! and whats even worse, is even though I said I wouldnt, Im going to go out tonight too, then again on monday, so 3 nights out between next weigh in and I dont think the scales will be kind! but oh well, the way life goes sometimes I guess!

Thanks hun!

Well yesterday went okay until the evening when my hangover kicked in and I got chip shop chips haha woops! and whats even worse, is even though I said I wouldnt, Im going to go out tonight too, then again on monday, so 3 nights out between next weigh in and I dont think the scales will be kind! but oh well, the way life goes sometimes I guess!

Oooo chip shop chips yummy hun lol poor you with a hangover though, Enjoy yourself tonight hun and fingers crossed no hangover tomorrow and stay away from the take away tonight ok :D Just take this week as it is hun no worry you can do this xx

I always said that the way I would succeed with this diet is that I wouldnt avoid real life entirely! and I am not doing that, yes I will prob see a gain or STS but I am enjoying my life and next week I will get back on it. I have come home and not eaten any take away, I had toast, which isnt amazing but is a darn sight better than a lot of things I could have eaten.

I didnt drink as much as I did the other day too, so heres hoping tmrw is easier than before! also hoping I do some bloody work! x

I always said that the way I would succeed with this diet is that I wouldnt avoid real life entirely! and I am not doing that, yes I will prob see a gain or STS but I am enjoying my life and next week I will get back on it. I have come home and not eaten any take away, I had toast, which isnt amazing but is a darn sight better than a lot of things I could have eaten.

I didnt drink as much as I did the other day too, so heres hoping tmrw is easier than before! also hoping I do some bloody work! x

Exactly hun you are living life and doing amazing well at losing weight at the same time, it's were alot of people go wrong restricting themselves and then when they reach goal going stright back to eating all the things they havent been, also by resisting all the tempting things they are more then likely to fail to begin with.
You have sooo got the right mix and attitude hun keep it up as i for one think your doing bloody fantastic!

Hope your head isnt to sore in the morning and that you get loads of work done, have a great weekend hun xx

Hi ladies - just checking in!

I feel like Ive been a bit AWOL these past few days - maybe not? lol maybe it just feels like it? Ive kinda been busy, but not really?! haha if that makes any sense! lol Plus my night out on Friday did not end well and seriously put me in a bad mood. My friend got very drunk/perhaps spiked? To the point where she couldnt walk or form coherent sentences anyway. So my ex, a friend and I carried her home, literally, whilst she screamed and abused us. It really wasn't pleasant. Im not holding any grudges tho, she has alot of issues and I know we were just shouted at because we were there but Ive just felt drained for a couple days. Its days like that, when you have no one to come home to, no one to hug it out with, talk it over with, that are the most difficult for me.

You'd think it would be the abuse that got in my head? lol. She was angry with me because of my upbringing. We both suffer/ed from depression but have come from very different lives and she believes that, because of my very charmed life compared to her very difficult, unloving family home, that I shouldn't accept the selfish aspects of depression.

Its a very complex issue, that everyone has an opinion on, so Im not going to get in too deep. But the way I see it is, everyone has the right to deal with their own crap in any way they want/can/know. There is no one size fits all cure. There is definitely no one size fits all understanding! Which is why I dont agree or disagree with my friend, or even feel hurt by what she said, Ive been in the same very dark space she was in on Friday.

But still, despite all that, I find it so funny, that what bothers me, is so unrelated.

I allowed myself Saturday to have a duvet day and wallow in my miserableness and loneliness but that was it, I get one day, and today life must go on. So Im sat here in my study, doing everything I can to not write my dissertation. haha. despite having 8 days to write 5000 words. I am so sure that is possible right? Well actually I know its possible, Ive done more in less time, but I actually have to do it! haha. Where are you motivation!?

625 words a day. That is totally do able!

Anyway - food! The actual point of this diary! Sorry guys, totally off the path there.

Well I havent been on plan, but I also havent been terrible. Basically, 1 meal a day and snacks of yoghurts, fruit, bars that sort of thing. Today I had fajitas for my meal. Could be worse, could be better.

Tmrw I am spending the day with my 2 best friends, so food is out of my control, but knowing them, it wont be unhealthy. Id like to get back to the gym tmrw too, but the only way Ill do that is if I get it in before seeing them. This means getting up at 10am - pretty normal for most people, but I suffer from insomnia, this past week its been pretty bad, not sleeping til 5am, when I do sleep its the wrong time of day. Cant wake myself early. Very annoying.

Im going to aim to go to bed at 2am, bit ambitious! But if I write 156 words per hour, maybe Ill wear myself out enough, and meet todays 625 quota!

Its a very complex issue, that everyone has an opinion on, so Im not going to get in too deep. But the way I see it is, everyone has the right to deal with their own crap in any way they want/can/know. There is no one size fits all cure. There is definitely no one size fits all understanding! Which is why I dont agree or disagree with my friend, or even feel hurt by what she said, Ive been in the same very dark space she was in on Friday.

But still, despite all that, I find it so funny, that what bothers me, is so unrelated.

I allowed myself Saturday to have a duvet day and wallow in my miserableness and loneliness but that was it, I get one day, and today life must go on. So Im sat here in my study, doing everything I can to not write my dissertation. haha. despite having 8 days to write 5000 words. I am so sure that is possible right? Well actually I know its possible, Ive done more in less time, but I actually have to do it! haha. Where are you motivation!?

Hun you have such a great attitude and what you say is so right eveyone has a opinion, i dont think there is a right or wrong way to see depression it ranges so dramitically for some mellor others dark and dangerous, so many people suffer and yet cant understand how for everyone its different the only thing that connects us all is the title "depression" what works for one wont work for another etc etc, the way you handled things hun is great! It affected you and you took time out to be down but you got back up and are moving on :)

Hope your sleeping improves quickly nothing worst then getting out of sync. Good luck with your 625 words today Im sure you will get it done by what you have said.

Stay strong hun xx

Hey, thanks MM. I always try to see the bigger picture of every issue as I know in the past that just thinking about my own opinion has come back to bite me in the bum!

Ive sort of managed to fix my sleeping, not perfect, but back to 3am-11am which is pretty reasonable. I have to be at the bank tmrw at 11am so up at 10am tmrw, I'll get there eventually!

Feeling pretty miserable about my eating tho. Im headed for a STS/+1lbs this week. I am just so unfocused. I feel a bit suffocated by how much I have on/ have to do. So Im like oh dieting has to take a back seat til I sort my dissertation out, and then Im like nooooo thats not a good enough excuse. So mostly I am just fighting with myself in my head. Eating when Im hungry and then Im immediately disappointed in myself that yet another day, I havent managed to get back on plan. Not making it to the gym either. Seeing the scales STS/go up is making me miserable, and reminding me of all the other times Ive got this far and not been able to carry on. I barely have motivation to do my uni work, how am I going to motivate to do the diet too.

Im going to try and start again tmrw. I am so fed up. Losing weight makes me so happy and confident. I have the power to do that.

grumble grumble grumble!

sorry guys! lol debbie downer over here!

off to write some more dissertation...

youre not a debbie downer at all
everyone feels like this at some point or many points in my case lmao
you will get to where you wanna be
everytime i look at the scales i feel worse too and its very disheartening to have it sts or even go up
i avoid my scales most of the time - i used to have the excuse that they ran out of batteries but i stupidly bought batteries for them lol

I realised I should start my own diary because I was just bombarding everyone else's :p I never really felt the need to have my own diary before, but Ive always slipped up and failed and restarted so maybe this will keep me in check! and keep me off everyone else's diaries, moaning about my own issues!

So a bit of background...

Been mucking about with VLCDs and GI since 2008 when I was just 16 stone, found myself all the way up for 20 stone in Nov and thought something has to change! Been up and down like crazy and never sticking to anything. Going for a slightly different approach this time of anything is better than nothing. I know its not to everyones taste, but I doing a bit of this and bit of that. Losely following a celebrity slim plan of 2 packets of meal replacement, 1 small low carb meal and 3 snacks. I am going to eat out and Im not going to hate myself when I break the rules. I am going to be sensible and find work arounds. Be proud of myself when I simply eat a smaller portion of the bad stuff. I know this might upset people but I have finally found something workable and realistic for the long term!

I am also going to accept that I am not going to be a size 14 in 10 days...

A bit about me... I am 24 and have just returned to education to be a mature student for a year. Which is really useful as it has taken me out of my working routine and allowed me to change my food related habits. I also live alone, with no pesky bf/family to scupper my dieting plans!

So because Ive done/am doing ever diet going, everyone is welcome to come along for the ride! Im interested in VLCD tips, healthy eating/cooking, investigating SW/WW for future reference, calorie counting and exercise!

Mostly, if you want to have a moan about being a fatty and putting the world to rights, you'll fit right in with me! haha

Lastly, I do have a very sarcastic sense of humour and I do worry that isnt conveyed well in text, so please dont take anything I write too seriously! and anything I write about diets/my dieting is not always the company line... dont be offended, just my 2 pence!

Just wanted to pop in and say HI! And to wish you every success on your journey.
I've the same sense of humour, so I don't think you could offend me easily lol!!
I just started a VLCD yesterday, so not many tips at this moment, apart from how important water is - but I am sure you know that already!
I had around 3.5ltrs yesterday, and intend to keep it up to keep me hydrated and feeling fuller for longer, but also because it is fab for the skin, eyes, etc.! Mine starts to look so much better when I've made a conscious effort to drink a lot of water for X amount of time :)
Good luck!
Nat xxx

Hey, thanks MM. I always try to see the bigger picture of every issue as I know in the past that just thinking about my own opinion has come back to bite me in the bum!

Ive sort of managed to fix my sleeping, not perfect, but back to 3am-11am which is pretty reasonable. I have to be at the bank tmrw at 11am so up at 10am tmrw, I'll get there eventually!

Feeling pretty miserable about my eating tho. Im headed for a STS/+1lbs this week. I am just so unfocused. I feel a bit suffocated by how much I have on/ have to do. So Im like oh dieting has to take a back seat til I sort my dissertation out, and then Im like nooooo thats not a good enough excuse. So mostly I am just fighting with myself in my head. Eating when Im hungry and then Im immediately disappointed in myself that yet another day, I havent managed to get back on plan. Not making it to the gym either. Seeing the scales STS/go up is making me miserable, and reminding me of all the other times Ive got this far and not been able to carry on. I barely have motivation to do my uni work, how am I going to motivate to do the diet too.

Im going to try and start again tmrw. I am so fed up. Losing weight makes me so happy and confident. I have the power to do that.

grumble grumble grumble!

sorry guys! lol debbie downer over here!

off to write some more dissertation...

I have days like this, even when not on a diet, so please don't think you're alone in this, because you're not.
Even addressing it on here is a good thing.
I have a feeling this will pass and your determination will come back with a vengeance!
I will keep watching, I'm sure you will get back in the right mind-set soon, but in the meantime, don't beat yourself up. Today is a new day....you are in control of it!
Wishing you all the luck in the world!
xxx

Love u chick! Keep doing what's right for YOU! Xxxx

youre not a debbie downer at all
everyone feels like this at some point or many points in my case lmao
you will get to where you wanna be
everytime i look at the scales i feel worse too and its very disheartening to have it sts or even go up
i avoid my scales most of the time - i used to have the excuse that they ran out of batteries but i stupidly bought batteries for them lol

I know people are really funny with scales, everyone has their own opinion of their beneficial/detrimental effects! For me personally, I like to weigh every morning, first thing. These past couple months its mostly worked to motivate me - to try harder when it goes up or to keep going when it goes down!

I weighed in this morning - my official weekly weigh in and I STS. Not the end of the world. I know I could feel a whole lot worse!

I also feel a tad more positive today!

Just wanted to pop in and say HI! And to wish you every success on your journey.
I've the same sense of humour, so I don't think you could offend me easily lol!!
I just started a VLCD yesterday, so not many tips at this moment, apart from how important water is - but I am sure you know that already!
I had around 3.5ltrs yesterday, and intend to keep it up to keep me hydrated and feeling fuller for longer, but also because it is fab for the skin, eyes, etc.! Mine starts to look so much better when I've made a conscious effort to drink a lot of water for X amount of time :)
Good luck!
Nat xxx

Ahhh hello Nat! Water really is amazing for your skin, I generally have clear skin, but at the moment I am very spotty - a reflection of my poor diet. I know if I drink more, my skin will clear up, thanks for reminding me ;) Head is elsewhere atm. *downs pint of water* haha

I have days like this, even when not on a diet, so please don't think you're alone in this, because you're not.
Even addressing it on here is a good thing.
I have a feeling this will pass and your determination will come back with a vengeance!
I will keep watching, I'm sure you will get back in the right mind-set soon, but in the meantime, don't beat yourself up. Today is a new day....you are in control of it!
Wishing you all the luck in the world!
xxx

Well funny you should say that! because Today, could be the day, I get my head back in the game! I have just had my first shake, and a pint of water ;) This is a good start. I dont think Ill make the gym today, but no excuse why I cant do a workout at home!

xxx

So ladieeees

just to let you know whats going on today!

weighed in at 18 stone 7, so thats the same as last week. Not bad but not great. I feel like I might actually get some things done today, hoping its a productive day!

Woke up and had a shake too. The first time Ive had a shake, in maybe over a week? Today could be the day I turn things around. Certainly havent got this far in days. I would love to have 7 good days. How amazing would that make me feel!? If I get down to 18 stone 2 - that means Ive done 1/4 of my 100lbs. It would also get my bmi under 40. 5 mealsey pounds. 1 week, in a life time of thousands! There is no reason I cant. I would give up one week of my life for a number of things. So what is stopping me give it up for my own happiness!

So the focus this week is on the diet. Doing my shakes, getting my water in. Ive got lots of work to do so I wont be going out anywhere. I can do that. If I exercise, great! If I dont, no worries. This week will consist of drinking shakes and typing words. Everything else is a distraction!

In other news, we got the date for my Dads kidney removal. I was a bit p****d off because it isnt til April 5th, which is 2 months away. Way longer than they initially said. But we have a date, and that is something to work towards. My dissertation is due the month after. Kinda crappy timing. but what can you do?!

Hope everyone is well!

xxx

Oh I updated all my stats too.

Finally decided on a goal weight - 11 stone 7 - which according to my bmi calculator, takes me to exactly bmi 25 (slightly different to the bmi on here), so that is just in the healthy range. Im not sure I will really get this low, but its something to aim at. When I was around 12-13 years old I was 13 stone. So as an adult, Ive never been under 13-14 stone lol and if I have excess skin, I know Id rather be a little overweight and filled out than be skinny and baggy. lol

I also put the date of the 4th Oct. This is my graduation date. I only put it cos I couldnt think of anything else to aim for! Maybe Christmas? That is certainly more realistic as I dont truly believe I will lose a stone a month for the next 7 months. But I do hope to be a whole lot slimmer for graduation as I hate my photos from my last graduation :(

I wish I had some goal dates in between now and then, like a holiday or an event. But nothing! my year is empty! haha I would love to go on holiday. But not one of my friends is single and they are all buggering off with their stupid boyfriends. Not that I am bitter at all... but it really is annoying!

I know people are really funny with scales, everyone has their own opinion of their beneficial/detrimental effects! For me personally, I like to weigh every morning, first thing. These past couple months its mostly worked to motivate me - to try harder when it goes up or to keep going when it goes down!

I weighed in this morning - my official weekly weigh in and I STS. Not the end of the world. I know I could feel a whole lot worse!

I also feel a tad more positive today!

Ahhh hello Nat! Water really is amazing for your skin, I generally have clear skin, but at the moment I am very spotty - a reflection of my poor diet. I know if I drink more, my skin will clear up, thanks for reminding me ;) Head is elsewhere atm. *downs pint of water* haha

Well funny you should say that! because Today, could be the day, I get my head back in the game! I have just had my first shake, and a pint of water ;) This is a good start. I dont think Ill make the gym today, but no excuse why I cant do a workout at home!

xxx

Lol, yep water.....I am drowning in the stuff :D Hoping all this will be worth it!
Yay! You sound much more positive! I'm sticking around, because I want to see you succeed!
You can do it, like you said, for your happiness!
Good luck lovely :) xxx

Back