Laura's bit of everything diet!

Amazing! :)

I'm glad I'm not the only one with issues on this bmi calculator.

Thanks guys!

Yeah the calculator here is slightly off. But when using feet and inches for height, it makes any bmi calculator more inaccurate anyway! And scientists have changed the calculation recently anyway, did you see that in the news? worse for short people, better for tall people, same for people in the middle. For me, it made the 'ideal' weight range wider, up to 12 stone compared to originally, being up to 11 stone 6? I dont think I need to worry that far down the line just yet :p

one day at a time

Hi Laura.

Reading through all your posts I've missed you are definitely sounding more positive and sound like you are turning things round now. I have binged non stop so I'm going to follow in your footsteps and get my head back in it :)
Well done for having shakes :)
Xxx

Thanks guys!

Yeah the calculator here is slightly off. But when using feet and inches for height, it makes any bmi calculator more inaccurate anyway! And scientists have changed the calculation recently anyway, did you see that in the news? worse for short people, better for tall people, same for people in the middle. For me, it made the 'ideal' weight range wider, up to 12 stone compared to originally, being up to 11 stone 6? I dont think I need to worry that far down the line just yet :p

one day at a time

I don't think it's made life better for me....ill check it out!

When did they change? I didn't know they had, I doubt mine will have changed much because when I got measured at the docs I had shrunk an inch :( and you have to put your height in don't to measure your BMI? Shrinking is really not going to help my BMI!

When did they change? I didn't know they had, I doubt mine will have changed much because when I got measured at the docs I had shrunk an inch :( and you have to put your height in don't to measure your BMI? Shrinking is really not going to help my BMI!

Lucy! No shrinking allowed! We need to do what Laura's done...and grow 2 inches!!! X

haha perpleo that actually grosses me out for some reason!

and I didn't grow Tara ;) I was always 5 foot 7, I just believed a stupid man. Surely we've all learnt our lesson about believing men? haha

Lucy - they changed the bmi parameters a couple months ago, it didnt take into account muscle and things so they adapted it slightly, here is the article with the calculator, put your measurements in and it shows you old vs new bmi

BBC News - BMI: Does the Body Mass Index need fixing?

yeah I think if you are mid range height it doesnt really effect you :confused:

Well ladies. I certainly have not been on my diet today. Ate nothing on all day and then my parents came over with a chinese and some booze. They've gone home now cos my dad isn't well. But I can tell you I am having the best night in ages!

New telly and sound system installed today so I'm sat watching episode after episode of 8 out of 10 cats. Finishing a nice bottle of red and I am so content. Haha. Its the little things! So what if I'm a lonely cat lady?!

Guinea pig ;) xxxxx

Glad ur ok. Xxx

Well ladies. I certainly have not been on my diet today. Ate nothing on all day and then my parents came over with a chinese and some booze. They've gone home now cos my dad isn't well. But I can tell you I am having the best night in ages!

New telly and sound system installed today so I'm sat watching episode after episode of 8 out of 10 cats. Finishing a nice bottle of red and I am so content. Haha. Its the little things! So what if I'm a lonely cat lady?!

Why the hell not!!
I'm not going to be a slave to this diet. I'll get the first couple of weeks out of the way, then be a little easier on myself.
Life is for living, after all :)
Have a GREAT weekend! xxx

Yes! Crazy guinea pig lady!

My internet is down so I'm back to basics tonight with my entertainment coming from puzzler magazine :p

I think its been difficult this week because I've had the week off. And its hard to diet and go to the gym because I have no routine! Lets hope monday whips me into shape! Although this morning I had to take a photo of my tummy cos I thought it looked so skinny compared to my first fatty photos!

Also yesterday I found out my referral to body morph went through! Only been on the waiting list for nearly a year!

haha I just go for the classic puzzler, my favourite are cross quizzes.

Bodymorph is a thing they have in portsmouth that the nhs have outsourced patients too. Its like intensive therapy which revolves around binge eating and obesity. you get a psychiatrist, dietitian and a case worker. Its a 6 month intense course. I feel like I havent explained it well. Ill blame the empty bottle of red next to me. Basically if you want weightloss surgery in portsmouth you have to work these steps to get on the list. The first is having a weight councilor - which Ive done, really didnt do anything apart from make me more aware of everything that was going into my mouth. The next is this 6 months with body morph and the last step is bariatric surgery - which I do not want btw. I just want some serious councelling about my poor relationship with food. Hopefully loose some weight. lol

Im a bit worried tho, cos to qualify you have to have a bmi over well over 40 - I was 46 when I applied. and if I lose any more weight, Ill be under 40 lol. - my first appointment is 22nd march so it is possible I will be under, so I really hope they dont chuck me out for that! lol

Back