Laura's Diary - Have had labyrinthitis :-(

Thanks for the comments girls! :D

OH has had a word with his mum and told her that she needs to stop calling him all the time and that he can't accept the phone that they got him. Hopefully things will change a bit now that he has spoken to her.

Had a good weekend, spent most of it just relaxing really. Went shopping with OH and my sister on Saturday and we also got our hair cut which was a nice treat! Then we all went round to my best friends for dinner and spent the evening just chatting and catching up. She's only about 11 weeks pregnant so isn't showing yet and hasn't really told many people.

Had my first WI Saturday morning and have lost 1lb since I started on Monday so that's ok, it's going in the right direction. Am going to up my exercise this week to see if I can get a bigger loss.

Have had an annoying time this morning trying to get to work. They missed out my first bus and then the next one was late. So I missed my normal 2nd bus and the one after was late too. Then stuck in over an hour traffic. Was an hr and half late to work....luckily they were understanding as they know it wasn't my fault but I still feel bad about it!

Food Diary -
B: Crunchy nut cornflakes (1.5), Milk 1/4 pint semi (1)
S: Cherries and berries juice carton (1), Oaty cereal bar (1.5)
L: Potato and Leek cup-a-soup (1), Roll (2), Margerine (1), Apple (0.5)
S: Hula Hoops (1.5)
D: Turkey Casserole with Roast Potatoes(8)
S: Homemade Red Velvet Cupcake (6)

Total - 25/25 (Although the cupcake is way too many points, they are so tasty as a treat every now and then!)

Hope everyone had a great weekend! xx

Hiya, what a nightmare journey you had getting to work today, at least your work were sympathetic though!!

Well done on your 1lb off! I'm loving the sound of your homemade red velvet cup cake, I've got the hummingbird baking book and there is a recipe for red velvet cupcakes in it too, they sound lush tho I've never made them! x

Hiya, what a nightmare journey you had getting to work today, at least your work were sympathetic though!!

Well done on your 1lb off! I'm loving the sound of your homemade red velvet cup cake, I've got the hummingbird baking book and there is a recipe for red velvet cupcakes in it too, they sound lush tho I've never made them! x

Thanks! :D The cupcakes were so yummy, but they are high in points so we can't make them too often. xx

Yesterday was quite busy again at work but because I was late, so done an hr and half less than usual, the day seemed to go so fast which was good!

I was quite tired when I got home so didn't end up doing much exercise as had a very early night. I may not have time to exercise tonight either as I have a lot of ironing that I've got to get done. Will hopefully have time to do some exercise Wednesday and Thursday after work.

I decided that I am going to leave giving up smoking until this Sunday as I have a night out on Saturday night with lots of smokers. Also Sunday is OH's birthday so it will be a nice day to try to quit, as he is a non-smoker and would really like me to stop although he wouldn't tell me to.

Food Diary -
S: WW Cinnamon and sultana cookies (1.5)
L: Potato and leek cup-a-soup (1), Roll (2), Marg. (1), Small banana (1)
S: Hula Hoops (1.5)
D: Turkey Shepherds Pie (?)
S: Homemade Red Velvet Cupcake (6)

Total - 16.5/25 (So far - will update later)

Hope everyone has a good day! xx

I think you are being really sensible with your smoking! There is no point putting yourself under loads of pressure unneccesarily! At least you recognise Saturday will be hard! My OH can't stand smoking either, I used to smoke years ago in my late teens, and occassionally have one when I'm out drinking but not when OH is about as he can't even pretend he's not bothered. You'll get there in the end!! Hope you've had a good day x

Menu's look really good and well done on your loss :) I think stopping smoking after the event is a good idea - if you went so early on in giving up you'd feel pretty stressed I think.

Hope you have a great day tomorrow and the buses are better! xxx

Just popping in to say hi, hope you've had a good day! x

I totally know how you feel about OH and their mothers. Been with mine 5 years nearly and she still drives me NUTS.
Some of the stories I could tell you! lol.

Try a mother-in-law who tries to set up her son with ANOTHER woman on holiday - WHILST YOUR RIGHT THERE! Now thats uncomfortable lol. Can you see why I dislike her so much? Grr!
Anyway - you are doing soooo well!! Keep up the good work :) xx

Thanks for the comments! :)

Sorry I've not been on here for a bit. I had a really bad cold last week so was off work for a couple of days and pretty much stayed in bed for most of the time.

Luckily I felt better by Saturday as we had booked a table at Frankie and Bennys with some friends for OH's birthday. It was a really nice evening. I made good food choices but must admit I didn't point everything. One of our friends made him a lovely chocolate sponge birthday cake, it was really nice of her! :)
Then on Sunday it was his actual birthday so I made him breakfast in bed. Then we had another meal out - this time a chinese with OH's family. It was really lovely as our neice and nephew were there too so we got to see them play together as they don't see eachother often.
Then yesterday I had booked off work so spent the day catching up on washing/ironing and tidying up etc.

I have changed my WI day from Saturday morning to Monday morning. Yesterdays WI was a STS but considering I was out for 2 meals at the weekend I'm not too unhappy with that! :)

Also this is the first day that I am trying to give up smoking. So far it's not going too bad. I did crave one this morning waiting for my bus but managed to get past it. It's not going to be easy though!

Food Diary -
B: Sultana Bran (1.5), Milk 1/4 pint semi (1)
S: Banoffee cereal bar (1.5), Orange juice carton (1)
L: Potato and leek cup-a-soup (1), Roll (2), Marg. (1)
S: Monster munch (1.5) Banana (1.5)
D: Indian sweet spiced chicken with rice (8)
S: Milk 1/4 pint semi (1), Chocolates x 2 (4)

Total - 25/25 (Saved Weekly - 0)

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend! xx

Last edited:
Well done on your STS, I would be well chuffed with that after two meals out!!

Glad you are feeling better and good luck with stopping smoking x

Well done on your STS, I would be well chuffed with that after two meals out!!

Glad you are feeling better and good luck with stopping smoking x

Thanks for the support! :D

Yesterday was really busy at work as there were only 2 of us in (normally 4). It did make the day go by much quicker though which is good. I prefer to be busy rather than not doing anything and then the day drags.

My first day not smoking went alright. There were time when I really craved one but I managed to find something to distract myself with to stop me having one.

OH is working a late shift on Wednesdays from now on so will have to do the cooking on those evenings. He normally cooks as he gets home by 3pm and he's a chef so cooks much better meals than me! Tonight I'm having a ready meal which I don't normally do but I'm working lates too so won't have time to cook anything.

Food Diary -
S: Orange juice carton (1), Banoffee cereal bar (1.5)
L: Chicken cup-a-soup (1), Roll (2), Marg. (1)
S: Monster munch (1.5), Apple (0.5)
D: Roast chicken ready meal (?)

Total - 11/25 (So far - will update later)

Hope everyone has a lovely day! xx

ooh Mattys a good cook but hes not a chef.. you lucky thing! only thing.. are his meals WW friendly? ;) x

Good to see you are here! I'm back as well!
And tbh have been a very very naughty girl!
I need to lose same weight all over again! silly me...

Good to see someone I know already!

Good luck with yours hunny xxx

Hello :)
How's it going today? I'm the same as you, I much prefer busy days at work, when you finally get a second to look at the clock and realise it's actually nearly HOMETIME!!! haha
Good for you, with the non-smoking. How is that going too?

Hope you're having a good day :D

ooh Mattys a good cook but hes not a chef.. you lucky thing! only thing.. are his meals WW friendly? ;) x

Luckily he does now actually help me point the meals before he makes them which is nice of him. Although sometimes he does go over with portion size but it just means he gets extra! :) xx

Good to see you are here! I'm back as well!
And tbh have been a very very naughty girl!
I need to lose same weight all over again! silly me...

Good to see someone I know already!

Good luck with yours hunny xxx

Hi hun, hope you're well! Good to see you back, will go find your diary and catch up with you. :) xx

Hello :)
How's it going today? I'm the same as you, I much prefer busy days at work, when you finally get a second to look at the clock and realise it's actually nearly HOMETIME!!! haha
Good for you, with the non-smoking. How is that going too?

Hope you're having a good day :D

Thanks for the comment. I think I tempted fate talking about liking things being busy as the last week has been manic, and I was working at the weekend! The non-smoking is hard but am determined not to give in. Will go and find your diary now too! :) xx

Sorry, again, for not being around lately. Work has been absolutely crazy busy and I was working at the weekend as well. I literally feel like I haven't had the time to do anything! Luckily this morning has been much better, hopefully it will stay this way for a while.

There's not much for me to update with as, apart from work, I haven't really been up to anything.

Had WI yesterday morning and -2lbs so that's good! Am still not smoking, on my 7th day now :D. I'm definitely finding it hard though. Every now and then I crave one really badly, although I find that if I just distract myself with something quickly then it passes in a couple of minutes.

Food diary -
B: Crunchy nut cornflakes (1.5), Milk 1/4 pint semi (1).
S: Orange juice carton (1), WW cinnamon and sultana cookies (1.5)
L: Potato and leek cup-a-soup (1), Roll (2), Marg. (1)
S: Apple (0.5), Monster munch (1.5)
D: Chicken fajita wraps x 2 (?)

Total - 11/25 (So far - will update later)

Hope everyone's having a good day and had a great weekend! xx

Hi Lozbo,

You don't know me - I'm new over here on Weightwatchers. I have been dieting for a while, but doing other things... but now have turned to WW to lose the last 2 stone.

I'm doing ProPoints, rather than Discovery, but I've been reading through your food diaries regardless to get some inspiration. It's a bugger that all recipes and foods have to be re-pointed - I agree that that sausage casserole sounded lovely!

Anyway - well done on your 2lb loss. I'm only at the end of day one - so will be a while before I see if it's working or not. I feel like I've been scoffing all day, so dunno how it can be! :S

Will keep in touch - SD x

Thanks for the supportive comments! :)

Sorry I've been missing for a few days again. This time I've been off work sick with sinusitis. I got a really bad headache on Wednesday and I just assumed it was a migraine so I called off work. Then I woke up Thurs and still had the headache but also an earache, temperature and one side of my face felt swollen. Went to the doctors who confirmed the temperature and said it was sinusitis. So have got antibiotics to take which always make me sick, so it's not been a great few days here! Doctors signed me off till today.

Am now back at work, still on antibiotics but at least the temperature has gone down. Am so glad to be back working as I was sooo bored while I was off.

Have decided to restart based on my last WI as I didnt WI while ill and also wanted to swap my WI day back to a Saturday.

Am still not smoking - yey! 13th day now! :D

Food Diary -
S: Orange juice carton (1), Apple (0.5)
L: Crackers x 6 (3), 20g cheese (2), Quavers (1.5)
S: Cereal bar (1.5)
D: Pork and Butterbean bake (6) Bread (1.5) ,Margerine (0.5), Gravy (1)
S: Milk 1/4 pint semi (1), Jaffa Cake (1)

Total = 23/25
Weekly Saved = 2.

Hope everyone had a good weekend! xx

Last edited:
Hi good to see you back!! How horrible..sinisitus!! I've never had it but a girl in work gets it quite frequently and she said its really painful!! Hope you are well on your way to recovery!!

Fab news on still not smoking, good on ya!! Good luck for the week ahead!! x

Thanks Calorie Crusador! :) xx

I am feeling much better now, nearly at the end of my course of antibiotics which is good!

I felt so knackered yesterday, not sure whether thats due to the effects of quitting smoking or because I'm still not 100% after sinusitis, so I had a very early night!

I've decided I'm also going to track how many days without smoking here as I feel that will help.

Days without smoking: 2 Weeks.

Food Diary -
S: Apple (0.5), Small banana (1)
L: Crackers x 6 (3), 20g Cheese (2)
S: Frazzles (1.5)
D: Chicken Fajita Wraps x 2 with Salad Cream (9)
S: Grapefruit pieces (0.5), Yogurt (1.5), Milk 1/4 pint semi (1) Jaffa Cake (1.5)

Total = 24/25
Weekly Saved = 3

Hope everyone's having a good day! xx

Last edited:
Hi, good idea to track the no smoking days, extra bit of motivation!!

Menu looks good, I do love fajhitas!!! x

Back