Laura's Diary - Have had labyrinthitis :-(

Hey,

Good on you for coming back. I'm new to Minimins... but not to WW. I had success with it a couple of years ago but same old story fell off the wagon and put all the weight back on. Decided to re-start with this new programme cause i would have to learn it all over again. Ok so far.

Good luck yourself... hopefully this time we can both do it and keep it off.

Hi, good idea to track the no smoking days, extra bit of motivation!!

Menu looks good, I do love fajhitas!!! x

Thanks! :) Yeah I think tracking my no smoking days will really help me. The Fajhitas were so yummy! xx

Hey,

Good on you for coming back. I'm new to Minimins... but not to WW. I had success with it a couple of years ago but same old story fell off the wagon and put all the weight back on. Decided to re-start with this new programme cause i would have to learn it all over again. Ok so far.

Good luck yourself... hopefully this time we can both do it and keep it off.

Thanks for the comment! :) Welcome to Minimins, its such a great place full of supportive people!
Good luck with your weight loss journey, I'm sure we can do it and keep it off! xx

Yesterday seemed to go very quickly at work which is good. They have been making some redundancys (sp?) recently and we found out that one of the men in our office has been told his position will not be required soon. However, he has then involved my boss by saying why is his job not going as well and if it's not then why can't he be made redundant and then his job will be available. So now they are both up for redundancy and it will be one of them that goes. It's really two-faced since they are normally good mates. So it has caused a really awkward atmosphere! It should all be sorted by next week hopefully!

After work I did an hr exercise on Wii Fit and some Just Dance 2 just for fun! I'm going to do a fitness DVD exercise this evening.

Days without smoking - 2 Weeks 1 Day

Food Diary -
B: Crunchy nut cornflakes (1.5), Milk 1/4 pint semi (1)
S: Apple (0.5), Orange juice carton (1)
L: Chicken fajita wrap with salad cream (4)
S: Quavers (1.5) Small banana (1)
D: Crispy chicken breast (3.5), Potato Smileys (3.5), Baked beans (2)
S: Milk 1/4 pint semi (1), Jaffa Cakes x 2 (2)

Total = 22.5/25
Weekly Saved = 5.5

Hope everyone has a good day! xx

Last edited:
Shame about your work just now, there are just so many redundancies at the moment, it's grim!!!

well done on all your exercise today! Keep it up! x

I'm so glad it's nearly the weekend! Work was quite busy yesterday and there's still a very awkward atmosphere. Apparently there is going to be a meeting next Wednesday where they will find out who is being made redundant out of the two people who are up for it. Hopefully it's not my boss!

Yesterday I got home and did my exercise DVD and then had the most lovely bath with a Lush bath ballistic :)
After dinner I started on a book that my sister-in-law got me for Christmas. It's called Sister by Rosamund Lupton. It's really addictive and I didn't want to put it down, but I finally had to at about 10:30 as I was having to strain to keep my eyes open which isn't good!

Days without smoking - 2 Weeks 2 Days.

Food Diary -
S: Orange juice carton (1), Apple (0.5)
L: Ham wrap with salad cream (4)
S: Small banana (1), Frazzles (1.5)
D: Sausage goulash with rice (9)
S: Milk 1/4 pint semi (1), Jaffa cakes x 2 (2)

Total = 22.5/25
Weekly Saved = 8

Hope everyone has a good day! xx

Last edited:
Hiya

Thanks for popping in to my diary, much appreciated, dad doing ok!!

Hope you are having a good weekend and you are keeping up the good work with diet and smoking! xx

So it's Monday again, the weekend seems to go so fast!

I didn't really do much this weekend. We went round to my friends house for dinner Friday evening which was really lovely. She's getting married in August so there was a lot of 'wedding talk'.
On Saturday we just chilled out a bit and I wrote up and pointed some new recipes for our recipe folder which I always enjoy doing.
OH works on Sundays so I spent the day tidying up as my parents were away for the weekend so thought it would be nice for them to come back to a tidy house. As we are living back with my parents as the moment (while we get some savings together for a deposit for a part-buy place) I haven't done as much housework as when we had our own place, I realised yesterday that I've actually really missed doing it!

I caved in to my craving on Saturday evening and smoked a bit. But to be honest I didn't really enjoy it as much as I thought I would. So I didn't have any yesterday and will just try again and hopefully stick with it this time.

My WI on Saturday was -1lb so still going in the right direction!
OH is cooking me his lovely turkey and leek pie tonight for Valentines Day, it's a bit pointy but its so yummy!

No smoking - 1 Day.

Food Diary -
B: Cheerios (1.5), Milk 1/4 pint semi (1)
S: Orange juice carton (1), Chewee cereal bar (1.5)
L: Turkey slice (1), Lettuce (0), Spinach (0), Beetroot (0), Ryvita x 4 (2), Salad cream light (1)
S: Apple (0.5), Quavers (1.5)
D: Turkey and leek pie (9), Mash potato (2), Kale (0), Gravy (1)
S: Chocolates x 2 (2)

Total = 25/25
Weekly Saved = 0

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend! xx

Last edited:
Hi hope you've had a good day and are enjoying your turkey and leek pie, sounds yum!!

Enjoy your night x

Thanks for the comments! :D

Well my Valentines Day was very relaxing and chilled out. We had dinner and then watched some TV before having an early night as I was knackered.

Giving up smoking is going well in the sense that I haven't craved one in the last 2 days. The only down side is that I've been feeling really lightheaded and anxious/panicky (not sure if that's a word). They are apparently common side effects, I just really hope they go soon!

No smoking - 2 Days.

Food Diary -
S: Orange juice carton (1), Chewee cereal bar (1.5)
L: Potato and leek cup-a-soup (1), Roll (2), Marg. (1), Apple (0.5)
S: Frazzles (1.5)
D: Sweet and Sour Chicken ready meal (10)!
S: Milk 1/2 pint semi (2), Jaffa Cakes x 2 (2)

Total = 25/25
Weekly Saved = 0

Hope everyone's having a lovely day! xx

Last edited:
i hope the side effects go soon.

glad you had a lovely valentines xxx

Oh no! Hope horrible side effects don't last too long!!!

Glad u had a nice night, x

The side effects are awful sometimes - are you doing it with patches or cold turkey? I did it with the former and still found I felt lightheaded - but here is the thing, I felt worse when I had a cigarette! Sadly I started to smoke again after a tough life period but I am determined that some day I will do it for good.

Sounds like you had a lovely V-day xxx

The side effects are awful sometimes - are you doing it with patches or cold turkey? I did it with the former and still found I felt lightheaded - but here is the thing, I felt worse when I had a cigarette! Sadly I started to smoke again after a tough life period but I am determined that some day I will do it for good.

Sounds like you had a lovely V-day xxx

I'm trying to go cold turkey, but if that fails again then I will look into the patches. I do think that once you've been a smoker it's so hard not to turn back to it when you hit a rough patch in your life, I hope that yours is behind you now! :) xx

Thanks for the comments girls! :D

Yesterday after work I decided to pop to Wimbledon and go to Lush to treat myself to some bits. I haven't been shopping for myself in ages as we're trying to save, but I just really needed a pick-me-up! I can now say that retail thereapy does work! I felt so much better and didn't even buy that much, it just felt nice to have a look around the shops! :)

I feel a bit better this morning as I haven't felt light-headed yet which is good and haven't had the anxious feeling that I've been getting. I did wake up with a tight chest feeling though but that's really common when giving up smoking and will pass at some point!

No smoking - 3 Days.

Food Diary -
S: Orange juice carton (1), Apple (0.5)
L: Ham sandwich with salad cream light (5), Quavers (1.5)
S: Chewee ceral bar (1.5)
D: Crispy chicken breast (3.5), Potato smileys (3.5), Baked beans 1/2 can (2)
S: Milk 1/2 pint semi (2), Chocolates x 2 (2)

Total = 25/25
Weekly Saved = 0

Hope everyone's having a lovely day! xx

Last edited:
That's good you seem to be feeling on the mend!!

I totally get how you feel about the saving business! OH and I had to save relentlessly for about 2 years before buying our first house last christmas! It really is sooo hard! I got so fed up of wearing the same clothes and never ever treating myself and then when I did I felt really guilty!! Anyway point is you should make a point of treating yourself every now and then, its important!! And you'll get there with your saving!! xx

That's good you seem to be feeling on the mend!!

I totally get how you feel about the saving business! OH and I had to save relentlessly for about 2 years before buying our first house last christmas! It really is sooo hard! I got so fed up of wearing the same clothes and never ever treating myself and then when I did I felt really guilty!! Anyway point is you should make a point of treating yourself every now and then, its important!! And you'll get there with your saving!! xx

Thanks! :) I suppose I just have to keep reminding myself of the savings, I can't wait to move back out again but to actually be part-buying rather than just renting! It's just hard sometimes, like you said when you haven't had any new clothes in ages or any treats.
I bet it's all worth it now though for you to have your house! :D xx

So I didn't end up exercising yesterday evening as I banged my head in Sainsburys on my way home and I felt a bit headachey. Typically my dad found me banging my head hilarious, although he did meet me in Sainsburys and give me a lift home so I can't complain too much!

OH was working lates yesterday so didn't get home till 9. I miss him on Wednesdays when he works this shift as I'm used to him being in when I get home from work. I ended up just watching some TV and having a lovely bath - I used a Lush bubble bar that I brought and it was really relaxing. It had lavender essential oils in it and also lavender flowers that were floating around the bath :)

No smoking - 4 Days.

Food Diary -
S: Tropical juice carton (1), Apple (0.5)
L: Potato and leek cup-a-soup (1), Roll (2), Marg. (1), Quavers (1.5)
S: Chewee cereal bar (1.5)
D: Chicken Mimosa (6), Spaghetti (3), Parmesan (2)
S: Milk 1/4 pint semi (1), Chocolates x 2 (2)

Total = 25/25
Weekly Saved = 0

Hope everyone has a lovely day! xx

Last edited:
Ooh lavendar bath bar, sounds fabulous!! I love pampering myself in the bath! You're right it's so worth it now that we have our house and you'll feel the same when you get yours again! Hope your head is okay now and not too sore!! xx

I was sooo knackered last night that I ended up falling asleep at about half 9! Apparently when you give up smoking it can make you feel more tired than usual for a while, hopefully not for too long!
I think the worst symptom I'm having at the moment is the anxiety. :(
I used to suffer from panic attacks but haven't had any in ages, but since giving up smoking I've felt constantly anxious/on edge. I've even had a few 'mini' panic attacks. At the moment I'm dealing with them by trying to find a distraction as soon as I feel slightly anxious/panicked and just generally trying to keep very busy. I really hope that this feeling doesn't last too long! :cross:

I'm so glad it's Friday! Work is really really quiet today which I normally hate as it makes the day go slow but today it's just what I need. Tonight I'm popping round to my friends house with OH and my sister as we haven't met up with her in a couple of weeks as we all had colds etc at different times. She is now 13-14 weeks pregnant and I'm so excited for her! So we should have a good catch-up tonight! Then probably walk home which will be nice :)

No smoking - 5 Days

Food Diary -
S: Cherries and berries juice carton (1), Apple (0.5)
L: Potato and leek cup-a-soup (1), Roll (2), Marg (1), Quavers (1.5)
S: Chewee cereal bar (1.5)
D: Jacket Potatoes (4), Marg (1), Low fat cheese (4)
S: Milk 1/4 pin semi (1)

Total - 21/25 (So far- will update later)

Hope everyone's having a good day! xx

Hiya

That's not so good about your anxiety/panic attacks. The good thing is that you recognise those feelings and have found a way to deal with them, which I think is half the battle!!

Sounds like you'll be having a good night tonight, enjoy!! Have a good weekend x

hey Laura, hope you are still going strong with the no smoking - 7 days now right? i'm sure after the first week is over then you are on the home straight :D xxx

Thanks for the comments girls - they are really appreciated! :D

I have stuck with the not smoking - so now Day 8! Unforuntately though my weekend was not good! :(

Friday night round my friend's parents was fun, she has now got a little bump! :) We played a board game and had a giggle.

Then Saturday we went food shopping but then I felt a bit unwell in the evening. Yesterday I woke up and done lots of housework but then felt unwell again later on. By the time we sat down to dinner I couldn't eat a thing (and it was Gammon Roast! :eek:) Then I spent most of last night being sick :cry: Then I couldn't sleep, I think I finally drifted off at about 4am - and had to wake up at 6am for work! :(
I am starting to feel slightly better now, still not eating well. I didn't eat anything yesterday after 3pm and have only eaten 3 bits of melba toast today. I'm sure this is just another side-effect to giving up smoking. I knew it was going to be hard as I smoked 20 a day for about 6-7 years! I just really really hope that I'm feeling better soon! Sorry for the moan.

No smoking - 1 Week 1 Day

Not going to do food diary today as I've hardly eaten anything at all and don't think I will eat much later - will probably get home and go straight to bed!

I hope you all had a lovely weekend! xx

Forgot WI on Saturday...was a STS, not sure why but never mind.

Back