Laura's Diary - My first -7lbs! :-)

Congrats on the 2lbs! :)
Keep going with it. Hope you're feeling ok...

well done on your 2lbs loss

Thanks for the comments girls.
Am feeling a bit annoyed this morning - have a friend that we let borrow £900 from us and she keeps avoiding paying it back etc...this was over 2 yrs ago! She just ignored it and never mentioned it, and we kinda drifted apart slightly. I finally got her to agree to start to pay it back monthly 4 months ago, and have only had 1 payment as she keeps making excuses. Thing is, because I had some health problems (gallstones and an infected gallbladder - had to have it removed) I lost my job and was unemployed for a bit so we really need the money to catch-up a bit, and she knows this. She has been on holiday, bragging on facebook about going shopping etc, and its really starting to get to me. Especially since my dad had to lend us the money that she should have been paying us back, and my parents don't exactly earn a lot so now technically the debt is his, and I've told her this and she still being funny about it. Problem is my dad is, obviously, getting angry about it and I'm so annoyed but just don't know what to try next. Sorry I just really vented, I've just been so positive lately and wanted to try to stay that way.
Anyway aside from that, I should be going out for a meal tonight with OH and some friends with their baby (who we're supportive adults for), which should be really good. Can relax and have a laugh tonight.
Hope everyones having a good day! xx

enjoy tonight - forget about that "friend" of yours and enjoy yourself. You can go find this "friend" tomorrow or whenever - bet you've learned your lesson - never lend friends money! x

Hi Loz, sorry to hear bout your friend being a pain - I'm with Rach, just get on with life and forget about this person who really isn't worthy of being called 'friend'. Take care and hope you have a great weekend. Remember, life is too short to spend feeling down - dont let it get to you :D xxx

oh gosh!! Sounds like a right evil woman!! Must make you wonder why you were ever friends with her in the first place.
some folk have no morals

xxx

Morning
Just popping by to say hello - hope you are having a good weekend.

Thanks girls for your comments.
Well as far as the "friend" situation goes, I called her on Friday evening and told her that she will have to pay back some of it this month otherwise my dad will be paying her or her parents a visit as its not fair that he has had to cover her debt. She still tried to get out of it, but I basically told her I considered what she had done as ungrateful and not very respectful of the fact that we leant her all that money and had the debt collectors to my parents house as she didn't want her parents knowing. Also said it wasn't fair that I'd spent the last 2 and a half yrs chasing her for it. Left it as she will txt me before end of month as I said that's when we would need it.
Aside from that I had a good weekend. Friday had some friends and my sister round and watched Children in Need all night. Saturday I spent the day sorting out some bits for Christmas and just relaxed with OH. Then on Sunday I spent the day cleaning the house and doing washing and ironing...not very fun but I like it when it's all done and you can relax.
WI number 2 yesterday, only lost 1lb this week but think my body is just catching up, and at least its some sort of loss.
Will be starting keeping track of food here from today so here goes.

Breakfast - 40g bowl Golden Nuggets - 1.5
1/4 pint semi-skimmed milk - 1
Snack - Banana - 1.5
250ml Orange Juice - 1.5
Lunch - Lettuce - 0
Spinach - 0
Carrot - 0
1/2 pack Sainsburys bbq chicken pieces - 1.5
2 tbsp Salad Cream Light - 1
Snack - Beef Hula Hoops - 3
Dinner - Jus Rol Puff Pastry 1/4 Sheet - 4.5
Chicken Stock - 0
Leeks - 0
Cabbage - 0
Green Beans - 0
Marg 4tsp - 2
Streaky Bacon 1 rasher - 1.5
Turkey (200g) - 3
2 Scoops mash potato with marg. - 2
Snack - 'Elf' chocolate bar - 1.5
1/4 pint semi skimmed milk - 1
Total - 26.5 (Weekly: -0.5)

I can't remember the points for the bacon and turkey - although I know the whole amount came to 26.5 so will fill it out at home. Love what I'm having for dinner - Jamie Olivers Turkey and Leek Pie.
Wow it looks like I'm eating a lot today..only 0.5 point over!
Hope everyone's having a lovely day!xx

Last edited:
Hey 1 PBS better than nothing well done x

Well yesterday was slightly busier at work which is good because I tend to snack if I get bored. Will just have to replace snacking with coming on minimins! :)
Had some bad new yesterday...my best friends mum had been waiting for some test results back as she found a lump in her breast. Unfortunately they told her yesterday that it is a tumour and that they did find some cancer cells. Luckily though they have found it early and it doesn't seem to have spread. They are giving her some medication to try to shrink the tumour...I'm don't really know a lot about this so am assuming that's a good sign as it means they think it is shrinkable.
Had the friend and my sister round for dinner yesterday (OH done a home-made turkey and leek pie - which was yummy!).
Friend seems to be handling it OK and her mum seems to be staying positive about it all...she says it could have been worse. She has the right attitude for sure.

Well back to work...although it's pretty quiet at the moment.

Food for today -
Breakfast: 40g Golden Nuggets - 1.5
1/4 pint semi skimmed milk - 1
Lunch: Chicken Cup-a-Soup - 2
Banana - 1.5
Dinner: Sausages x 2 - 6
75g Rice - 4
Garlic - 0
Onion - 0
Carrot - 0
Peas - 0.5
Worcestershire Sauce - 0
Ketchup - 0.5
Chicken Stock - 0.
Snacks: 250ml Apple Juice - 1.5
Beef Hula Hoops - 3
1/2 pint Semi Skimmed Milk - 2
Elf Chocolate bars x 2 - 3
Total Points (So far): 26/26. (Weekly = -0.5)

Hope everyone's having a good day!xx

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your friends mum, like you said though she has the right attitude so I wish her all the best.

Glad work was busier and yeah come on minimins lol when a snack attack is looming x

Oh Gosh...thats frightening news hun. I thinks it makes all the difference being so positive through it all. At least your friend has you to help her through the stress of it all.

Sounds like your day is all sorted foodwise...stick to it hun and think about how much better it will feel to lose weight when ya feel like munching on goodies at work.

xxx

Hey Loz. How's it going? So sorry to hear about your friends mum, as they have caught it early hopefully she will respond well to the treatment and be alright really soon. Good luck for your WI. Hope it's a good'un. xxx

Thanks for the replies! :D
Yesterday was the only evening this week that we didn't have anything planned so it was nice to relax a bit...although I relaxed a bit too much and ended up drifting off to sleep about 7pm! Only slept for about an hour, must have just been more tired than I realised!
Work's been quite busy really so it's making this week seem to go by really quickly, which is good as next week I have Wed, Thurs, and Fri off! :D Will be putting up the Christmas decs on Tues evening and then going Christmas shopping Wed! :D

Food for today -
Breakfast:
40g Golden Nuggets - 1.5
1/2 Pint Semi Skimmed Milk - 2
Lunch:
Chicken Cup-a-Soup - 2
Wholemeal roll - 2
Dinner:
Not sure yet.
Snacks:
Special K Chocolate Chip Bar - 1.5
Hula Hoops - 3
Total (So far) - 12/26

Hope everyone had a lovely evening yesterday and is having a good day today!xx

Glad you had a nice night off. I hope you have a lovely weekend. xxx

Hi Hopeyou are having a good weekend x
Xmas decs already ?? In November ??
Mine will go up Xmas Eve & come down NY Day lol

Hey Loz where are ya? Hope you are okay! xxx

Hi, sorry haven't posted in a while, had a few days holiday to take from work and my laptop at home was off being fixed so couldn't get on...have missed minimins!:)

I've had a slight cold but other than that things have been going well. Last WI I lost 1lb and this week I STS...which I'm actually pleased with as have had a few meals out and evenings where we've had friends round for dinner. As long as I can avoid putting on any weight I will be happy with this until January when I can go back to 100%.

Am doing overtime at work today, apparently it's not busy on a Sunday so won't be too bad.
Had three days off last week and spent two of them Christmas shopping...so now have everyone's presents and just have to wrap them all up. Had my parents round last night for a dinner which was nice!

Hope everyone's been having a good weekend!xx

Well done on your lb off and your STS. I hope you enjoyed the christmas shopping. Have a good week. xxx

Back