Lauras Diary of Incubating

Ha ha I get like that when I've done a mad big clean and tidy and everything is shiny and new looking and then people (hubby and kids) come in and mess it, I feel like crying haha

Yep. Sounds like me ha ha

I am feeling unexpectedly extremely angry!!!!

This whole looking after my husbands uncle is getting annoying. He is up and down the road to look for stuff surely to god if he can walk around that much he can cook his own frigin dinner!!! I mean he comes down at 4 on the button and if dinner isn't ready he's all telling the kids to keep the noise down, asking when it'll be ready, looking for my hubby which is out working to do this job and that job....I mean I never get to frigin see my hubby these day, feeling like a single mother!!!!!!!!

Anyway I know I'm just being grumpy and stupid! I need to calm down.......now I feel like crying haha.....must be having a hormone rush.

Anyway had dinner and think I ate a bit more today. Have a mad notion for chocolate fudge cake but not a chance, hubby is off sorting out his uncles cows and doing bits and bobs around his farm and he has footy tonight so unless I load the kids into the car and drive to the town...or make one there is no chance.

TUESDAYS FOOD

BREAKFAST
Activia ff yoghurt

LUNCH
M&S duck spring rolls

DINNER
Homemade stew - (ex.lean casserole steak, carrots, parsnips, turnip, sugar snap peas, onion, leek, beef stock and tins tomato done in slow cooker )
Mash
Mint ice-cream

SNACK
20g cheddar
20g 70% dark choc

He expects his dinner on the table at 4....I know where I'd tell him to go! Cheeky bugger, as if you haven't enough to do on top of your difficult pregnancy, which by rights you should be resting up on & not getting stressed. May be your husband should have a word? How long is he with you??

Hope you feel better though after a mini vent on here :)

He expects his dinner on the table at 4....I know where I'd tell him to go! Cheeky bugger, as if you haven't enough to do on top of your difficult pregnancy, which by rights you should be resting up on & not getting stressed. May be your husband should have a word? How long is he with you??

Hope you feel better though after a mini vent on here :)

He lives next door ha!

Yeah I feel grand today, felt bad yesterday then after that, I'm just being moody. Grand again today.

Baby must have grown last night, very breathless today so must be up around my lungs having a wee look around lol. 2 more days to the scan and I'm nervous eeeek.

He lives next door ha!

Yeah I feel grand today, felt bad yesterday then after that, I'm just being moody. Grand again today.

Baby must have grown last night, very breathless today so must be up around my lungs having a wee look around lol. 2 more days to the scan and I'm nervous eeeek.
Aw Laura.. That's bad form of him coming in ruling your roost shushing the kiddies etc but its their generation isn't it?! Still... Not nice when you're doing so much for him...
Glad you're feeling better today but I do think hubby shud have a word.. You should be taking it easy.. Even your lazy days have more activity in them than my normal days.. Which isn't good...
What time is your scan tomoro? Hopefully early enough so you can get it done n out of the way.. Rather than waiting around all day getting yourself in a tizzy.. xx

Aw Laura.. That's bad form of him coming in ruling your roost shushing the kiddies etc but its their generation isn't it?! Still... Not nice when you're doing so much for him...
Glad you're feeling better today but I do think hubby shud have a word.. You should be taking it easy.. Even your lazy days have more activity in them than my normal days.. Which isn't good...
What time is your scan tomoro? Hopefully early enough so you can get it done n out of the way.. Rather than waiting around all day getting yourself in a tizzy.. xx

Yeah I was ranting away to the hubby last night about them (both the uncle and his dad, very demanding haha), but then once I'd had a shower and calmed down I told him to ignore me. I know fine rightly that its their age, that generation of men (in their 70's) are very demanding and only see what they need themselves. I've told hubby I'm gonna give him another month and if he doesn't start cooking for himself or at least attempting to do it again he'll have to have a word.

My appointment is at 11.30 on Friday Frances. So grand time, by the time I get DD off to school, and travel the hour to the hospital it'll be time x

Yeah I was ranting away to the hubby last night about them (both the uncle and his dad, very demanding haha), but then once I'd had a shower and calmed down I told him to ignore me. I know fine rightly that its their age, that generation of men (in their 70's) are very demanding and only see what they need themselves. I've told hubby I'm gonna give him another month and if he doesn't start cooking for himself or at least attempting to do it again he'll have to have a word.

My appointment is at 11.30 on Friday Frances. So grand time, by the time I get DD off to school, and travel the hour to the hospital it'll be time x
Yea sometimes you just need to get these things off your chest and once they're said you feel grand about it all.. Just saying it out loud is enough..
I remember as kids when there'd be something on TV (Corrie!) that my Dad wanted to watch you had to SIT and SHUT UP or he'd FLIP!!! Like hello... We were friggin' kids.. We're meant to run riot and make you miss your favourite shows...
He was army strict on us.. I know kids need discipline but he took it to the exrteme..
So I know what its like having your kids told be hush etc...

I'm so grateful we'll have a room downstairs where we can keep on eye on baby but let it have its own space to play and wreck reek havoc... Just that alone will already give it a better childhood than I had... Altho saying that I was outdoors from as early as I was allowed til as late as I could talk my Mam into.. lol

Hey Laura,
Sorry you've had a bad few days-snoring husband, no lazy days, demanding father and uncle in law. Hope it eases off a bit soon.
Good luck with the scan Friday. Very exciting. Though not very exciting if they're staying up near your lungs! :) And def ask the questions-you want to know!
You make me feel so lazy with all the cleaning you do. My house genuinely only gets cleaned when someone comes to visit me-especially people who havnt seen the house before. hehe. :) x

Hey Laura,
Sorry you've had a bad few days-snoring husband, no lazy days, demanding father and uncle in law. Hope it eases off a bit soon.
Good luck with the scan Friday. Very exciting. Though not very exciting if they're staying up near your lungs! :) And def ask the questions-you want to know!
You make me feel so lazy with all the cleaning you do. My house genuinely only gets cleaned when someone comes to visit me-especially people who havnt seen the house before. hehe. :) x

Haha me too! The hoover comes out about 30 min before the visitors arrive!

Hey Laura,

Yea me too Brona. She puts me to shame. I've no kids to run around after n am so lazy about it casting that my house isn't a pigsty but it doesn't get the attention Laura's does

Puts me to shame too! I am the laziest person ever lol :D

I'm hoping that being pregnant next time with a toddler in tow won't be so bad because you just have to get on with it I suppose...maybe it just seems worse now because we don't have one and when we look after someone else's, it's more of a burden because they aren't ours?? If you know what I mean. lol :) My mother in law had 3 kids by the time she was 23, all quite young and she looks back now and says she doesn't know how she did it, but remembers at the time just getting on with it, and it not being that hard....

lol xx

Puts me to shame too! I am the laziest person ever lol :D

I'm hoping that being pregnant next time with a toddler in tow won't be so bad because you just have to get on with it I suppose...maybe it just seems worse now because we don't have one and when we look after someone else's, it's more of a burden because they aren't ours?? If you know what I mean. lol :) My mother in law had 3 kids by the time she was 23, all quite young and she looks back now and says she doesn't know how she did it, but remembers at the time just getting on with it, and it not being that hard....

lol xx
Yea I know exactly what you mean.. Like when they're yours you both have a routine that you and the kid(s) are used to.. So it all fits into place...
And yea you can't sit feeling sorry yourself and have a duvet day.. Toddler needs you so you just do it (not that i'm saying say feeling for themselves AT ALL... )

Ha thanks girls. Sorry wasn't on today yet, me and the little man go to Parent and Toddlers on a Thursday. Just back now from that and lunch with my sister and her kids. Gonna try catch up with other diaries now x

Sounds like a fab day. :D x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Scan went grand yesterday. Baby still measuring a little small but it is putting on weight. She says she will keep and eye but says I am definately not gonna have a big baby, but it won't be tiny either. Part of me is happy about that lol. We could see the little face more clearly as it is laying down fat stores now and isn't as skeletal. Loved seeing it again. I've a scan now on the 25th again were I am getting a steroid injection incase of premature labour, and then another scan on the 11th Ocotober. They want me scanned every 2 weeks.

Scan went grand yesterday. Baby still measuring a little small but it is putting on weight. She says she will keep and eye but says I am definately not gonna have a big baby, but it won't be tiny either. Part of me is happy about that lol. We could see the little face more clearly as it is laying down fat stores now and isn't as skeletal. Loved seeing it again. I've a scan now on the 25th again were I am getting a steroid injection incase of premature labour, and then another scan on the 11th Ocotober. They want me scanned every 2 weeks.

Aw glad everything went well for you. And yay to the not too small but not a 9 pound baby!! Lol. It's good that they're keeping an eye on you and making sure you're as prepared as possible if you do go early. And good that you get to see him/her every two weeks too. Every cloud. As long as you and bubs are ok that's what matters :)

Yeah the sonographer was apologising for me having to make the journey every 2 weeks, I was like don't be daft I get to see baby and have a little break from the other kids lol. Baby is very active now, she couldn't get a clear heartbeat graph for ages because baby had hiccups, then when she wanted to listen to the cord she said she'd have to wait a while, baby was playing with it lol. I could see it blinking and everything.

Went into Pennys as well and got a few wee baby grows and hats. Think thats all I need really. Dug out my small baby clothing I had for my daughter just incase we need it.

Back