Lauras Diary of Incubating

So glad you're ok. I've been quiet on here but always check in and read Frances updates to see she's ok and was worried when you hadn't written anything in a while, was thinking of you. Glad everything is going more smoothly now xXx

So sorry I left people worrying. Just needed to get myself together. Felt overwhelmed with all this stuff, looking after kids and looking after father-in law and his brother.
I've decided I need to priorities and just look after my body and mind. A clean house and spending time cooking and eating well is helping. Even the kids seem happier.
No need to b sorry at all hun xxxx
So glad you're ok. I've been quiet on here but always check in and read Frances updates to see she's ok and was worried when you hadn't written anything in a while, was thinking of you. Glad everything is going more smoothly now xXx

Aww Sarah. Ur sweet :)
Don't b so quiet xxx

Glad you're ok hon and babs aswel. I know its still worrying but at least you and the hospital are prepared.
Glad you've gotten some energy and cleaning and cooking is helping you feel better and the kids. :)
Mind yourself honey. x

Laura, I'm so glad you're back and ok. Naughty baby just wants to come out and meet its brother and sister.

Take it easy though and look after number 1.

Laura, I'm so glad you're back and ok. Naughty baby just wants to come out and meet its brother and sister.

Take it easy though and look after number 1.

Hiya Tracy. Thanks! I'm hoping to make it to at least 36 weeks. My little boy was born then and after quick intervention and a week in neonatal he was grand. I'm trying to just take it one day at a time. Come Friday I'll be 24 weeks and have a viable pregnancy, didn't think I'd get that far for a while there x

23+4 -> 27/08/2013 -> Tuesday

Todays food wasn't particularly weight watching

BREAKFAST
2 wholegrain toast
Butter
Actimel 0%
Glass orange juice
Multivit

LUNCH
Homemade quiche - Light shortcrust pastry, 3 eggs, 300ml milk, sweet onion, sugar-snap peas, courgette, 100g cheddar, 3 medallions lightly smoked bacon, pepper and pinch nutmeg -> ate 1/4

DINNER
Very sm.bowl spagetti bollanaise left over from yesterday.
Nectarine
(not particularly hungry)

SNACKS
3 iced donuts!!! why oh why!!

FLUIDS
200ml o.j this morning
1000ml water

I am very tired today, hubby away to work early this morning and won't be back till the kids are in bed so no chance for a lay down. I think it'll be bed early for me tonight. Did manage to keep the house clean and tidy. Baked a scone today and made the quiche I've been looking forward to all week. Did go overboard with the stupid donuts, should never have bought them. I've been picking at them from about 9.30 this morning and managed to eat them all :eek:. No wonder my thighs and tops of my arms are fat!!!

Mmm I do love me a donut. I would pick at them as well if they were in the house. Maybe bubs is craving sweetness haha! Quiche sounds yummers... might make one later myself actually :)

23+5 -> 18/08/2013 -> WEDNESDAY

So in for scan today. Baby still measuring small, so with that and my history they want me in at 28 weeks to give steroid injections to make sure babies lungs form properly for an early delivery. They are happy with everthing else though. I told them that I'm in on Monday anyway next week for my glucose test. She looked at me funny and said who ordered that. I said I was told at my booking in appointment. She said why. I said I didn't know, and maybe I was overweight. She laughed and said 'sweetheart you are most definately not overweight, you look great!' Well I am just delighted since haha...still have to get it done though haha. Ohh and she says get all ready for at the very latest 30 weeks just to be organised :eek:eeeeek

So in for scan today. Baby still measuring small, so with that and my history they want me in at 28 weeks to give steroid injections to make sure babies lungs form properly for an early delivery. They are happy with everthing else though. I told them that I'm in on Monday anyway next week for my glucose test. She looked at me funny and said who ordered that. I said I was told at my booking in appointment. She said why. I said I didn't know, and maybe I was overweight. She laughed and said 'sweetheart you are most definately not overweight, you look great!' Well I am just delighted since haha...still have to get it done though haha. Ohh and she says get all ready for at the very latest 30 weeks just to be organised :eek:eeeeek
Aww.. Glad all went well.. Shame baby is measuring smaller than they'd like but that can be dealt with easily enough.. OMG 30 week AT THE LATEST.... That's only 6 weeks... :eek:
Is the glucose test the diabetes test thing?? Eew.. Don't envy that..

Aww.. Glad all went well.. Shame baby is measuring smaller than they'd like but that can be dealt with easily enough.. OMG 30 week AT THE LATEST.... That's only 6 weeks... :eek:
Is the glucose test the diabetes test thing?? Eew.. Don't envy that..

Thats just to get my stuff ready before 30 weeks. She thinks I'll go later but wants me relaxing from then....fat chance ha!
Yeah thats the diabetes test. I am not looking forward to it, I'm hoping it doesn't make me really sick.

Todays food was okayish.

Breakie
Strawberries, banana, grapes mixed with fat free Activia yoghurt with 1 tbsp granola
1/2 glass orange juice
Multivits

Lunch
Chicken, cheese and sweetcorn toastie - in local cafe after scan
1/3 bottle diet coke

Dinner
Sweet and sour chicken - onion, mushrooms, chicken, sugar-snap peas, carrot, uncle bens sweet and sour with extra pineapple.
Wholegrain rice

Snacks
Nothing yet

Did a bit of wandering around today. Needed storage boxes to fix up and organise the kids play space. I seen some lovely boxes for this new babies memory box too but didn't choose one yet. I'll leave it a little while.

Ugh I can't sleep at night. Just can't seem to get comfy. I toss and turn all night. Think its annoying hubby now. I only seem to get into a peaceful sleep after 6, but then the kids get up a few hours later. I am exhausted. Hubby is so busy with work and his family that I can't get a lay on. Think I am gonna look into booking a wee weekend away for me and himself so we can get away. Hoping mom will watch the kids :eek:.

Actually I think I'll book a weekend in Belfast at the start of November for relaxation and to get my christmas shopping done! Two birds and one stone and all that.

Right off to bake a scone for myself and the husband granduncle. Dad caught some mackeral yesterday so will be having that for lunch. Then I'm gonna take the kids to the local indoor play centre as my DD is back to school tomorrow. Suppose I need to get dressed first though.....In my defense I've all my cleaning done and laundry on and hung up since I got up :D

Oh Laura I hear ya... If I had a bed in my spare room I'd be sending Jonathan in.. its not that he's keeping me away.. But him being in the bed, limits my space... lol And I don't know about you... But the heat at night time is ridiculous.. So his extra body heat is killing...
I actually can't wait for winter and I'm actually cool/cold at night

23+6 - 29/08/2013 - THURSDAY

Oh Laura I hear ya... If I had a bed in my spare room I'd be sending Jonathan in.. its not that he's keeping me away.. But him being in the bed, limits my space... lol And I don't know about you... But the heat at night time is ridiculous.. So his extra body heat is killing...
I actually can't wait for winter and I'm actually cool/cold at night

Aww he's not annoying me in anyway, but I'm annoying him I'd say.

Today was such a busy day. Have only had time to sit now and relax. DD is back to school tomorrow so she needed her hair washed and once she's in the shower DS wants in too :rolleyes:. So at least the laundry basket is empty and all laundry is hanging up or where-ever it lives. Food was alright but I have a wispa with my name on it for when these wains go to bed :D

THURSDAYS FOOD

BREAKIE
2 homemade stoneground scones - little ones - with butter
1/2 glass orange juice
Multivits

LUNCH
1 grilled fresh mackerel

DINNER
Homemade sausage and butterbean casserole - Be good to yourself sausages (I ate 2), onion,courgette, broadbeans (from dads garden), carrots, celery, sugarsnap peas, smoked sweet paprika and 2 tins tomato - all done in the slow cooker
Served with shop bought crispy bread - yummy

SNACK
Probably toast, philla ex.light and my Wispa yummy

Not too bad of a day really. Dinner was yummy.

Just read this then sent Tom to the shop to get me a Wispa. He also came back with a flake, a caramel and a dairy milk! Love that boy ;) Obviously won't be eating them all tonight though!!

Just read this then sent Tom to the shop to get me a Wispa. He also came back with a flake, a caramel and a dairy milk! Love that boy ;) Obviously won't be eating them all tonight though!!

Ohhh yummy. Wouldn't mind a flake now!!

24 Weeks and now Viable!!!! Yay - 30/08/2013 - Friday

Another busy day. Little lady was away back to school today, she was so excited, DS didn't know what to do with himself though.

Not much of an appetite before dinner time, felt quite sickly but grand now again.

BREAKFAST @ 7.30
2 slices toast and butter
1/2 glass orange juice
Multivit

LUNCH
Wasn't hungry so didn't bother

DINNER @ 4p.m
Pasta and a little of the sauce left from dinner (the bean and tomato sauce)
Parmesan - about 5g

SUPPER @ 8.45p.m
Chippy chips and cheese burger :D
There was mention of a double decker bar too eeeeep

24+1 - SATURDAY - 31/08/2013

God its so quiet here on a Saturday.

Another busy day for me. I'm definately having an energy burst or nesting day or something. Got up this morning and made breakfast for all hands. Then after doing the dishes and clearing the table I just couldn't stop cleaning. Once one thing was nice something else would look messy and then I'd need to do that too. So today I've cleaned all bedrooms, kitchen, sitting room, dining area, hall, bathrooms (including taking down shower doors and scrubbing) and the bain of my life the play section of the family room. Toys, crayons, paper and stuff everywhere!!!!! But its done now :D. I'm sat now infront of my fire boiled to bits and exhausted lol. My floors are still annoying me but I just don't have the energy left to mop. I'll do them Monday morning after DD goes to school and DS goes for his nap.

I did manage to cook lunch in between times and go get the meat and spuds for dinner tomorrow. But there is no way I am cooking tonight. I think I might get a vegetable chow mein or something.

So todays food

BREAKFAST
2 waffles
2 dry fried eggs
1/2 glass orange juice
Multivits

LATE LUNCH
Homemade meatballs - ex.lean steak minced, onion, basil, lea and perrins and balsamic all mixed together, shaped into balls and baked
Tomato sauce - sweet onion, basil, 1tbsp balsamic, 1tbsp lea and perrins and 1 carton passata
5g parmesan
Sm. portion wholegrain spagetti

DINNER
10oz surloin steak. 1tbsp mushroom and white wine sauce. 3 chips.

Ohh and last night I just ate a cheese burger. Had one chip and it was hard. Turned my stomach:yuk: so I stopped eating for the night then.

Baby is alot more lively the last couple of days. Getting more big movements and hubby felt his first kick with this one last night. She/he is very active today any time I sit down. Love this stage :D

....edit to add dinner. Ended up going for bar food with my mom, dad, sister and brother in law. Hubby stayed at home and watched the kids.

Last edited:
Aw it sounds like you're nesting alrite. :D
Great that baby is doing so well and you're eating so well! All sounds yum. :D

24+2 - SUNDAY - 07/09/2013

Hiya all. Hope everyone is having a good Sunday. Today I'm feeling very tired so sickness is back, but I do think its just because I'm tired. I've had a busy week. Hubby let me lay on and I didn't even open my eyes till 10a.m. So up then and had breaky, wasn't feeling good though so just been picking all day. Bed early tonight I think. I've to get up early tomorrow as I've my Blood glucose test at 8a.m in the hospital which is an hours drive away. So I need to leave the house at 7a.m.

I'm delighted I got so much done yesterday as that meant I only had to do the bare minimum today.

So my meals were small

BREAKFAST
1 slice toast with butter

LUNCH
2 grilled sausages

DINNER - (unfortunately threw most up)
About 3oz roast beef
1 steamed potato
Carrots
Gravy

SNACK
Bottle lucozade

Sister-in-law has just come and taken my daughter (her godchild) off to the races, and hubby has taken DS of to watch the footy at his friends (they have sky sports). So I can lay on the sofa and watch sh!ty Sunday afternoon tv....bliss ha.

Back