Lauras Diary of Incubating

So baby's having a good move around then?!

Are the steroid jags for the bump??

Yeah this baby isn't much of a kicker, more of a moving around pushing about kinda baby lol. The steroid injections are for the babies lungs incase I go very early/prematurely.

Hi hun,

If you're interested, I've started a new thread on the Pregnancy section purely with the aim to ask questions and get advice :)

http://www.minimins.com/pregnancy-w...g-nursery-bathing-everything.html#post6740879

xxx

I'll have a nosy now and subscribe. You'd never know I might be some help ;)

------------**-----------------

Well I am wide awake, its 5a.m and I wakened at 2a.m. Can't get comfortable and my mind is on overdrive lol. Lay as long as I could but I think I was disturbing hubbys sleep with all my tossing and turning, no point 2 of us being tired tomorrow. I'm wondering if its the injection that has me so wide awake?!

Gonna have some juice and toast now as my tummy is rumbling

Laura you are already a fabulous help in my eyes so you would be God send in there :)

Hope you manged to get a bit of sleep and if not, hope you can get your head down when your son has his nap.. xx

100% agree!!! Xx

Not a minute of sleep, very very restless, think it might have been that jag. Plan for today is to get a nap when son goes down though. I've to go to the hospital later an hours drive away. Uncle in Law has an appointment up there at 3 so I'll take him too seen as mine is at 4.30/5ish.
I feel very very restless still. So far this morning I've done 2 loads of laundry - both washed and hung up to dry, a third load in washing (decided to do all my towels and sofa throws. I've cleaned cleaned out the back scullery and back toilet, I've made up all the beds as soon as the kids and hubby left them, fed everyone, washed kids (let hubby wash himself), tidy sitting room, made school lunch, put away a load of laundry and folded up sheets. Ohh and lit the fire.....think thats it. I still feel like I've too much energy but my eyes are starting to wilt so I'd say I'll definately nap at 10ish when DS goes down.

Jeepers I forgot to eat.......

Not a minute of sleep, very very restless, think it might have been that jag. Plan for today is to get a nap when son goes down though. I've to go to the hospital later an hours drive away. Uncle in Law has an appointment up there at 3 so I'll take him too seen as mine is at 4.30/5ish.
I feel very very restless still. So far this morning I've done 2 loads of laundry - both washed and hung up to dry, a third load in washing (decided to do all my towels and sofa throws. I've cleaned cleaned out the back scullery and back toilet, I've made up all the beds as soon as the kids and hubby left them, fed everyone, washed kids (let hubby wash himself), tidy sitting room, made school lunch, put away a load of laundry and folded up sheets. Ohh and lit the fire.....think thats it. I still feel like I've too much energy but my eyes are starting to wilt so I'd say I'll definately nap at 10ish when DS goes down.

Jeepers I forgot to eat.......
WOW... You need to slow down you're gona burn yourself out.. You do know its not even 9:30am!!!!!

Yeah but sure I'm wide awake since 2 and up at 5 so half my day is over haha. I just feel antsy and my legs ache when I sit....hoping it doesn't happen again with this second jag or I'll be fit to be tied ha.

Starting to slow a bit now though so sitting down reading posts and eating beans on toast

Yeah but sure I'm wide awake since 2 and up at 5 so half my day is over haha. I just feel antsy and my legs ache when I sit....hoping it doesn't happen again with this second jag or I'll be fit to be tied ha.

Starting to slow a bit now though so sitting down reading posts and eating beans on toast
If it does... You make sure you come to Walkinstown and you can get going on my house :D :D :D

Sounds like all this wakefulness and funny feeling could be the jag, the steroids must've got into your blood stream and I wouldn't be surprised if it's quite a big dose for baby's lungs. It's brilliant that they're so on it with baby and making sure it's going to be the best possible situation if you are early. Hope you get through today & careful if driving if you're feeling weird :)

Sounds like all this wakefulness and funny feeling could be the jag, the steroids must've got into your blood stream and I wouldn't be surprised if it's quite a big dose for baby's lungs. It's brilliant that they're so on it with baby and making sure it's going to be the best possible situation if you are early. Hope you get through today & careful if driving if you're feeling weird :)

Yeah it looked like quite alot was given so I'd say thats it. As long as it does its job I'm delighted they are definately watching me and baby closely this time. Thanks for checking in on me x

Hiya all, another busy day, my body is still in overdrive and I've had my second jag so I don't hold out much hope of getting any sleep tonight either. I've asked hubby if he'll sleep in the spare room because I don't wanna keep him awake. He said he'd keep me company but I told him not to be silly, besides if the jags effects wear off me tomorrow I may be in bed by 6, so I'll need him to watch the wains.

I've gotten a load of magazines so I'm gonna try and stay in bed and rest, but my legs are crawling with restlessness so I don't know if I'll be able to lay down too long. I'm gonna do the ironing if I can't sleep (I never iron until its time to put something on usually).

My mind is quite tired so I'll probably have a look at the threads once I'm more able to think x

Sorry I've not been on here much I've been doing my ww plan. How are you and baby? Hope you get some sleep tonight. Take care x

Not to worry, I know the diary is boring enough at the minute. Lots of complaining! Good luck for your start today x

28+0 - 27/09/2013 - FRIDAY

28 weeks today, third trimester YAY, time is flying. I'll post a picture later when the family is awake.

Got a bit more sleep last night, was very broken though and managed to stay in bed till 5a.m, so not to bad. I'll lay down later on I think if I get a chance. At least I don't have to get any more steroids and I'm hoping my sleep will return to normal tonight.

Last edited:
28 weeks today, third trimester YAY, time is flying. I'll post a picture later when the family is awake. Got a bit more sleep last night, was very broken though and managed to stay in bed till 5a.m, so not to bad. I'll lay down later on I think if I get a chance. At least I don't have to get any more steroids and I'm hoping my sleep will return to normal tonight.

Happy 28 weeks :D xx

Third trimester, hooray! That's great, baby's getting more chance every day :)

How far did you go with your other two?

Hope you get to rest up a little today

Third trimester, hooray! That's great, baby's getting more chance every day :)

How far did you go with your other two?

Hope you get to rest up a little today

I got to 35+5 with my son and 36 with my daughter but both were presenting much younger with premature problems. Fingers crossed this one will come home the day I leave the hospital.

Thanks Sarah and Frances. Time is flying by now.

Still feeling very aggitated, can't seem to sit for long and I'm very flushed now too, my cheeks, arms, chest and back are rosy red. Another lovely symptom of the steroid I think. I've read on Dr Google that all these symptoms should disappear within 48 hours so fingers crossed. Otherwise feeling grand and its good to have a bit of pep to get extra work done.

This morning I've washed the curtains in the sitting room and dinning area, ironed a few things, stripped my bed and started the wash (even though hubby decided he wanted to stay in our bed last night, meant I had to get up though once the tossing and turning started getting too much :mad:, would have rathered lay in bed and read magazines), made porridge on the hob for the kids instead of microwave, cleaned kitchen and its spottless, lite fire, dusted sitting room and family room, had a shower and ate breakfast. I'm all done now I think so just catching up on here before taking DS to parent and toddlers.

Food the last few days have been fine. I seem to be drawn to couscous with roasted vegs and salmon/falafels/dim sum and stuff like that....basically mezze type things, so I've been going with that. I'm not fused on bars and stuff as last while but have been enjoying ready salted chrisps and the odd can of real coke. Not really snacking alot lately either and just really eating 4 small meals in a day. Might get a take away tomorrow though, I'm thinking pizza now but that could change by the time we go to get it. There is a new turkish/indian take away open in town so might go for something from there instead mmmm yummy.

HOpe everyone else has a great Friday and don't work too hard xx

Gosh, you've been busy this morning!! Sorry to hear you're feeling restless though :( hopefully that will wear off soon so you can relax :)

I thought the 3rd Trimester was Week 27 onwards lol... that's what some of the sites say anyway :) I swear they are all different! lol

I'm going to count it at 27 weeks just so it feels like it's gone quicker :D ha ha xxx

Back