Lauras Diary of Incubating

Well sorry I dissappeared again for a while....but in fairness I had a good excuse:rolleyes:

On Sunday 22nd I went to moms for dinner yum yum! We went home and I was wrecked so off to bed at 10p.m. Went straight to sleep. Woke up at 11.30p.m feeling really ill with sharp pains at the top of my bum. I was up all night with diarrhea, vomiting and the sharp pains. Hubby finally got up at 9a.m looked at me and said he wanted to bring me to the hospital. I told him I had a bug and wasn't going up to smitt a pile of pregnant woman. I rang to cancel my scan but the nurse insisted I come in as I was over my edd. The wanted me to go to the maternity ward though instead of the clinic.

So dropped kids at moms and the pains at the top of my bump were getting worse. Mom said you are in labour and a good bit in she thought..my hubby was pretty pail at this stage lol. I didn't agree, I'd a bug....I knew what labour felt like and this wasn't it.

So off to the hospital. Arrived and put in private room. Bloods done and hooked up to the machine. Pains above bump sounded like a bug to the doctor and she put up a drip because I was dehydrated at this stage. So she has a quick glance at the machine and laughs... ' you are having very strong regular contractions'. Well I couldn't believe it.

At 1p.m the did an internal...only 3 gone. So dandered about and bounced on the ball till nearly 11p.m. I wasn't allowed to leave because of the bug. At 10.45 the pain changed, I told hubby to go get someone. She came and I said I needed to have gas. She made me get in a wheel chair and took off down the hall. When we got there she examed again and I was 4cm. So gas and air given with big disappointment to me at only being 4cm. The midwife said not to be annoyed as going by the intensity of my contractions I would go quick. She arranged me kneeling on the bed with hubby supporting me and....

..... well 20 mins later on the 23rd Dec 2013 baby Ellen was born weighing in at 7lb 11oz.

She is gorgeous and so so good.

I am absolutely knackered but have no stitches so feel alot more comfortable and mobile. Baby is very well, very content. We were let home on Christmas Day.

So thats my excuse lol :D:D:D

Sent from my SM-T210 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Well sorry I dissappeared again for a while....but in fairness I had a good excuse:rolleyes: On Sunday 22nd I went to moms for dinner yum yum! We went home and I was wrecked so off to bed at 10p.m. Went straight to sleep. Woke up at 11.30p.m feeling really ill with sharp pains at the top of my bum. I was up all night with diarrhea, vomiting and the sharp pains. Hubby finally got up at 9a.m looked at me and said he wanted to bring me to the hospital. I told him I had a bug and wasn't going up to smitt a pile of pregnant woman. I rang to cancel my scan but the nurse insisted I come in as I was over my edd. The wanted me to go to the maternity ward though instead of the clinic. So dropped kids at moms and the pains at the top of my bump were getting worse. Mom said you are in labour and a good bit in she thought..my hubby was pretty pail at this stage lol. I didn't agree, I'd a bug....I knew what labour felt like and this wasn't it. So off to the hospital. Arrived and put in private room. Bloods done and hooked up to the machine. Pains above bump sounded like a bug to the doctor and she put up a drip because I was dehydrated at this stage. So she has a quick glance at the machine and laughs... ' you are having very strong regular contractions'. Well I couldn't believe it. At 1p.m the did an internal...only 3 gone. So dandered about and bounced on the ball till nearly 11p.m. I wasn't allowed to leave because of the bug. At 10.45 the pain changed, I told hubby to go get someone. She came and I said I needed to have gas. She made me get in a wheel chair and took off down the hall. When we got there she examed again and I was 4cm. So gas and air given with big disappointment to me at only being 4cm. The midwife said not to be annoyed as going by the intensity of my contractions I would go quick. She arranged me kneeling on the bed with hubby supporting me and.... ..... well 20 mins later on the 23rd Dec 2013 baby Ellen was born weighing in at 7lb 11oz. She is gorgeous and so so good. I am absolutely knackered but have no stitches so feel alot more comfortable and mobile. Baby is very well, very content. We were let home on Christmas Day. So thats my excuse lol :D:D:D Sent from my SM-T210 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Wow Laura, that's fantastic. Congratulations!!!! So so pleased for you. And I love the name (it's Tom's mums name!). Glad you managed to have her and get home for Christmas Day.
How are your lo's doing? Bet they love her!! And how are you feeling? Ah I'm so happy for you. Xxx

Oh my God. Best excuse ever for disappearing.
Congratulations on baby Ellen. Gorgeous name. Glad you're doing well and hope all your family enjoyed their christmas present. :) xxxxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Well sorry I dissappeared again for a while....but in fairness I had a good excuse:rolleyes:

On Sunday 22nd I went to moms for dinner yum yum! We went home and I was wrecked so off to bed at 10p.m. Went straight to sleep. Woke up at 11.30p.m feeling really ill with sharp pains at the top of my bum. I was up all night with diarrhea, vomiting and the sharp pains. Hubby finally got up at 9a.m looked at me and said he wanted to bring me to the hospital. I told him I had a bug and wasn't going up to smitt a pile of pregnant woman. I rang to cancel my scan but the nurse insisted I come in as I was over my edd. The wanted me to go to the maternity ward though instead of the clinic.

So dropped kids at moms and the pains at the top of my bump were getting worse. Mom said you are in labour and a good bit in she thought..my hubby was pretty pail at this stage lol. I didn't agree, I'd a bug....I knew what labour felt like and this wasn't it.

So off to the hospital. Arrived and put in private room. Bloods done and hooked up to the machine. Pains above bump sounded like a bug to the doctor and she put up a drip because I was dehydrated at this stage. So she has a quick glance at the machine and laughs... ' you are having very strong regular contractions'. Well I couldn't believe it.

At 1p.m the did an internal...only 3 gone. So dandered about and bounced on the ball till nearly 11p.m. I wasn't allowed to leave because of the bug. At 10.45 the pain changed, I told hubby to go get someone. She came and I said I needed to have gas. She made me get in a wheel chair and took off down the hall. When we got there she examed again and I was 4cm. So gas and air given with big disappointment to me at only being 4cm. The midwife said not to be annoyed as going by the intensity of my contractions I would go quick. She arranged me kneeling on the bed with hubby supporting me and....

..... well 20 mins later on the 23rd Dec 2013 baby Ellen was born weighing in at 7lb 11oz.

She is gorgeous and so so good.

I am absolutely knackered but have no stitches so feel alot more comfortable and mobile. Baby is very well, very content. We were let home on Christmas Day.

So thats my excuse lol :D:D:D

Sent from my SM-T210 using MiniMins.com mobile app

OMG was thinking of u last night n this morning was thinking "wonder if Laura's gone n how many are left now ahead of me?!"
HUGE congratulations on ur baby girl hunnie. N amazing job getting here with not a stitch r drug!!! Wow!!! Sounds drug free is the way to go. Dunno if ill manage but will def try.

Aw, fantastic news! Welcome to baby Ellen, so glad it all went well and you got home in time for Christmas :D xxx

Fantastic news congratulations to you and your family on the arrival of little Ellen. Big hugs xxx

Wow congratulations to you and hubby on the birth of your baby girl!!!!! :D what a fab Christmas present! So glad you are both doing well :)

Xxxx

Wow, huge congratulations on the safe arrival of baby Ellen.
When I had my 3rd I was examined as soon as I got to hospital and the midwife said I was 3cm dilated. She then said "she always gets caught out by 3rd time mums as they always go quickly" she then left the room to which I said to hubby "I need to push". Hubby rang the bell, midwife runs back in and caught Freddie just in time. :)

Congratulations xxx

Congratulations on the birth of your baby girl xxx

Congratulations Laura!!!!!! :D

I had a feeling as you hadn't been on that you may have been busy welcoming baby into the world :p What a wonderful xmas pressie!

So happy for you....your kids must be so excited! xxxx

29/12/2013 -- 07.49 -- Sunday

Hey girls. Thanks for all the congratulations. I am so delighted to have had my little girl and have her home safe and sound. The kids are delighted with her too. My little girl is mad about sitting nursing her and my little man finds everything she does amazing.

At the minute I am extremely sleep deprived as you would expect. I can't seem to sleep at all and am extremely ....am I suppose antsy. I am obsessed with getting everything done, the laundry, dishes, cleaning. As well as the feeding, cooking and nappy changing. I can't settle at night so tend to spend it up in the sitting room watching Ellen. I do to go to bed with the two older kids though around 7p.m till my hubby goes to bed at around 12ish, then I'm up for the night. Ellen is so good though. She feeds every 2-3 hours and takes between 1 and 2.5oz of formula a bottle. She is so alert from about 9p.m till 12ish, looking around and staring at my face. This used to be the time in my pregnancy too when I got most of my movements. So looks like she is a night time baby.

Tonight she is still wide awake now and is making lots of little noises.

Tonight my hubby is out to wet the babies head with his mates and the footy team. He isn't home yet but I've told him tomorrow I'm having a bit of time to myself. I'll probably wait for him to get up, fed baby and then head down for a sleep. I plan to get up then and have lunch (I made soup last night at 4a.m lol). I might go for a little stroll with all the kids around to the farm and then make the dinner. Plan for the evening then is to run a hot bath for myself, light some candles and lay in the bath with a magazine and a glass of prosecco. Then back to bed for an early night. I am determined though when hubby goes to bed so will Ellen. I'll take her up to feed her but then she needs to go back in her cot. I can't keep staying up, its getting to be a habit by me.

TODAYS FOOD

BREAKFAST
-

LUNCH
Homemade minestrone soup
Homemade wheat free bread and butter

DINNER
Homemade oven chips
Grilled sausages
Homemade garlic mayonaise :D

SNACKS
5 chocolates

Ohh and we ventured out to moms today (well yesterday now). It was our first family outing and it took me nearly 30mins to get everyone organised lol. Did enjoy getting out though. Was first time I really thought about how I'm gonna get all three out and about to do the jobs I need to do when hubby gets back to work. The only thing I can do is try and get everything done while DD is in school.

Anyway sorry if any of these ramblings are disjointed, as I said I'm extremely tired and tend to trail off mid thought......xxx

Aw bless her, I bet she's fab!! Can't wait to have our baby here with us now. I was gonna tell you to take it easy and rest too but I know it'll fall on deaf ears....if you didn't rest at 9 months pregnant you probably aren't gonna now you've three lo's!! Lol.
The bedtime thing is something me and Tom have talked about and we've said I'm going to go to bed early (8 or 9ish) as he stays up usually until at least midnight. So if we can hopefully get baby into a routine he'll do the feeds until then and I'll take over in the night so he can get some sleep for work. Then we'll share the rest of the feeds as and when.
Glad your lo's are loving having a baby sister. Xxx

Yip definately share the feeding. I think its good for the men too. My mom thinks my hubby is amazing. She was watching him while I was in the hospital and she said he was so well able to care for the 2 kids. I think she compares him to other men we know that wouldn't be so....hands on I suppose. My hubby has been abit lazy for the last couple of days though, but I guess he is tired too. He is getting 7 or 8 unbroken hours sleep though! But if I ask him to do anything he jumps to it, and he is keen for me to head to bed at 7ish with the kids. He does whatever feeds then till I waken up.

He did say he can't believe he is still nervous around newborns though, says they are so tiny and he feels like if he does something wrong he'll break her lol.

Back