Laura's food diary!

Laura_jane

Helloo miniminners!
In preparation for my uber expensive trip to the Dominican Republic in july this year i am determined to stick to the sw plan and look good in a bikini, hence why i'm gonna do this food diary! I will appreciate any comments or advice as i am new to sw and still getting the hang of it :)
So here goes!!

21/02/2012 - EE day

Breakfast- banana and strawberries with vanilla muller light

Snack- melon and grapes and 2 cadbury choc eclair (2 syn)

Lunch- roast vegetable cous cous with grilled chicken

Snack- nutella on toast (hexb and 3 syns)

Dinner- breaded chicken (4 syns) and veg and frozen ww yoghurt for pud!

Lots of tea (hexa for milk) and diet coke

Hey Laura-Jane,

Diary sounds good so far, and it's reminded me to buy some nutella as a sweet treat!!

Good luck with your weightloss, I'll keep a nose in your diary if that's okay :)

You'll be feeling good in swimwear in no time!
xx

I know what you mean, I couldn't believe how much I could eat on it, and still get to have nice things as well.

I started at the end of May last year to lose weight for a trip to America in September. (figured I'd be eating so much junk I'd lose some weight to put it all back on!)
I lost 2 and half stone in about 4 months, I really stuck to it and did it nice and steady. I've maintained since I came back, up until last month when I put on 2lbs so I've decided to get back on it and try and lose a bit more weight for more holidays this year.

I'm still liking it, and find it quite easy... which you're probably not meant to admit too hahah but it's not as hard as other diets!!

Do you go to class? I'm trying to do it at home, as I didn't really enjoy class last year!
xx

laurenporkchop said:
I know what you mean, I couldn't believe how much I could eat on it, and still get to have nice things as well.

I started at the end of May last year to lose weight for a trip to America in September. (figured I'd be eating so much junk I'd lose some weight to put it all back on!)
I lost 2 and half stone in about 4 months, I really stuck to it and did it nice and steady. I've maintained since I came back, up until last month when I put on 2lbs so I've decided to get back on it and try and lose a bit more weight for more holidays this year.

I'm still liking it, and find it quite easy... which you're probably not meant to admit too hahah but it's not as hard as other diets!!

Do you go to class? I'm trying to do it at home, as I didn't really enjoy class last year!
xx

Oh wow well done!! Ideally i want to lose 2 stone, and i think the way you did it is deffo the way forward for me- slow and steady, then its more likely to stay off aswell! Do you do ee, green or red days? I'm still trying to get used to it all so not too sure whats the best plan to do :)

I'm going it alone from home aswell, my mum went to the class once and got all the books, etc but i'm truly skint at the minute, so can't afford it!

I'm so jealous of your trip to america! I'm sure it was amazing :) where are you off on holiday this year? xx

Oh wow well done!! Ideally i want to lose 2 stone, and i think the way you did it is deffo the way forward for me- slow and steady, then its more likely to stay off aswell! Do you do ee, green or red days? I'm still trying to get used to it all so not too sure whats the best plan to do :)

I'm going it alone from home aswell, my mum went to the class once and got all the books, etc but i'm truly skint at the minute, so can't afford it!

I'm so jealous of your trip to america! I'm sure it was amazing :) where are you off on holiday this year? xx

Aw thanks! I was really happy with the weightloss but want to lose maybe another stone, I'm thinking it might be a bit harder this time round though!!
I always do EE days, I find it quite easy to stick to and always worry that if I mixed it with Green and Red ones I'd not lose any weight!

America was awesome. We did NYC and then Orlando for the theme parks. And my friend (Rachel7896 on here!) ended up getting engaged when we were there as well, so it was extra special!!

This year is a trip to Barcelona for my papa's 60th birthday (with all the family.. could be a nightmare!) and then back to America in September/October time with some friends. I think I've got the America bug, I just wanted to go straight back after I came home!! Really looking forward to it though

Bet you're looking forward to the Dominican though... it'll be hot hot hot!! :cool:

xxx

laurenporkchop said:
Aw thanks! I was really happy with the weightloss but want to lose maybe another stone, I'm thinking it might be a bit harder this time round though!!
I always do EE days, I find it quite easy to stick to and always worry that if I mixed it with Green and Red ones I'd not lose any weight!

America was awesome. We did NYC and then Orlando for the theme parks. And my friend (Rachel7896 on here!) ended up getting engaged when we were there as well, so it was extra special!!

This year is a trip to Barcelona for my papa's 60th birthday (with all the family.. could be a nightmare!) and then back to America in September/October time with some friends. I think I've got the America bug, I just wanted to go straight back after I came home!! Really looking forward to it though

Bet you're looking forward to the Dominican though... it'll be hot hot hot!! :cool:

xxx

Oooo thats good then, i like my extra easy days ;)

Ohhhhhh wow, so jel haha! Sounds amazing :) i agree, family get togethers mean serious diet sabotage!!

Cannot wait get away from the cold, windy UK and get on that beach! :D

Right in order to inspire myself i'm going to post the 'before' pic that has made me want to lose weight in the first place! Here goes...

image-3645136717.jpg

Me and the mother! (i'm on the right) taken the christmas just gone.

I think the main reason for me gaining weight in the first place is my boyfriend! Been with him 3 years now and he's a very bad influence! Well i don't blame him ( he's not the one shoving the food down my neck, thats all down to me! ) but he's a big, rugga player who eats and trains absolutely loads, so i've just eaten the same portion sizes and extra goodies that he can get away with :(

Oh well, it all stops now! Onwards and downwards :D

Food diary to come shortly xx

Last edited:
Woke up this morning still feeling really positive, even though i've only done a food diary for 2 days, i've followed the EE plan 100% since sunday, the longest i've ever really stuck to a diet, woohoo!

Been reading about the '30 day shred' this morning and think i'm going to give it ago as soon as my uni term finishes and i've got all the assignments and exams out the way :)

Hope everyone has a lovely thursday! xx

I never remember to do my measurements, I really wish I'd done them before starting SW last year. I think it would definitely help though so good on you for doing it!

I'm really not just saying this, but I think you look lovely in the pic you posted! but bravo for putting it on here... I don't think I want to do that but I know I kinda should.... :D

Maybe when I've got a bit more courage I shall reveal the bigger, 14 and half stone laurenporkchop from 2011!

xx

laurenporkchop said:
I never remember to do my measurements, I really wish I'd done them before starting SW last year. I think it would definitely help though so good on you for doing it!

I'm really not just saying this, but I think you look lovely in the pic you posted! but bravo for putting it on here... I don't think I want to do that but I know I kinda should.... :D

Maybe when I've got a bit more courage I shall reveal the bigger, 14 and half stone laurenporkchop from 2011!

xx

Oh thankyou :) but its the first full length pic i'd had in ages, and it's really inspired to shift my excess baggage! Fed up of wearing dark jeans and baggy tops for every occasion!

Oooo i would go for it when you feel ready :) i posted a pic and my measurements as a constant reminder that i must stay on plan! I bet you've lost bloody loads of inches everywhere! What a shame you forgot to measure yourself! Do it now so you can see the difference from now on ;)

Back