Laura's weight loss diary :)

I tend to have a couple of bits of fruit in the morning rather than try to fit it into meals, find it much easier

Well done on the loss, 10lb is awesome in that amount of time!

Yea I think I'm gonna stock up on the fruit today, planning on trying the red grapefruit today as lots of the ladies in the class last night say it's lovely.... need to broaden my horizons when it comes to fruit :p

I bought a grapefruit too, theyre meant to be miracle food..... I looked at it for about a week then had to put it in the bin lol Im not brave but I have taught myself to like bananas so that's something :)

LOL... I wouldn't know what to do with a pomegranate either... but it sounds like something exotic should be done with it anyway...

I'm def gonna try the grapefruit this weekend... i'll report back :)

Managed to start my new week off well yesterday so thrilled with that....drank 1.25 ltrs of water and that's good for me as I hate drinking water!!!

Stuck to my food plan for the day and had an Alpen light double chocolate with a cup of coffee last night.... tasted so good, didn't actually even expect it to be nice lol... so I'm thrilled with my new find!! I use my HEB on HiFi bars with my morning cuppa so I;m glad I've found something else instead of chocolate that actually isn't too bad for me.... I think I can use them as a HEB when my HiFi bars run out too......

It's a really miserable day here today with the rain lashing down.... brought some pasta in for my lunch so glad I don't have to leave the office today How's everyone getting on??

Ohhh forgot to mention I went shopping last night and bought 2 fab new tops and wet look black skinny jeans and killer black heels..... was so thrilled when I tried them on and I didn't look like a frumpy old woman!!! I'm heading out tonight and I can't wait to go home and get ready, usually I'd be dreading going out..... tried them on for my mam and she couldn't believe how nice they were... I'm absolutely thrilled with myself...lol... sometimes even though its only a small loss per week it changes your body shape so quickly :)

Last edited:
Yea they definitely are, been so long since I felt good in some clothes, can't wait for my next night out...

So had a pretty good weekend, headed out on Fri night to a charity event for my friend's autistic little man.... had my SW Spaghetti bolognese before I headed in. Only had 1 btl of beer cos I knew I had a long drive with my two little ones on Sat morning and I managed to resist the temptation to snack on the buffet food (wedges, nuggets, sausages etc) that was on offer, was very proud of myself cos normally I would hav stuffed my face even if I wasn't hungry!!! When I got home I was a bit peckish so just had a coffee and an Alpen Light bar and headed to bed.

Saturday I managed to keep within my syns, had an alpen bar when I woke and then some bacon medallions and beans before I left....lunch was a grilled chicken salad from mcdonalds and an apple and diet coke and dinner was roast chicken (no skin) and SW chips....had a curly wurly with a coffee while I watched X Factor :)

Then yesterday I started out with a SW fry (bacon medallions, tomato, mushrooms, beans) followed by an open egg and prawn sandwich and an apple for mid afternoon and then some SW chips for dinner with another Alpen bar..... I know im not really eating enough superfree so I need to get on top of that but I'm definitely not as hungry as I used to be before I started SW...I feel like I'm getting some control over my appetite.

Hav to go shopping after work and know I'll be starving so need to make some good choices!! I might hav to grab an apple from the fruit section on the way in :D

Hope ye're all doing well xxxx

Aww Laura well done! Much better than me as you know but very proud of you!!
Open sandwich sounds like a great idea lol don't know why Ihavent thought of that before!
x

So I lost 2lbs last night at WI... Happy with that but had hope it would be more cos I'm really trying with this. It doesn't help that my friend who is a skinny minnie( well kinda) has lost 3lbs every week for the last 3 weeks and she has been out drinking and stuffing her face alot!!!! Feel like my hard work is not getting the results!! I've had 2 alcoholic drinks since I started this but I was never a big drinker anyway :) ... still I'mm happy she's doing well :)

I've decided this week that I'm gonna put up my daily food to see if ye can give me any tips along the way..... really wanna lose 2 lbs this week to make my 1st stone target... will have done that in 6 weeks if I do so not too bad :)

All in all I'm enjoying the SW plan and I feel better in myself and my clothes definitely feel looser so I'm gonna try not get bogged down in numbers on the scales!!! Hard not to tho :D

Well done Lauralashes, I hope I follow your example... this is my first week and up to now i'm doing ok, but just one thing. I don't go to a class a friend has lent me her books and is helping me..do you need to use all your syns each day and/or could you save them for the weekend( I like a glass or two ot three of wine on a Friday night) On WW you can use all your extra points at weekend..

EEk!

You are doing really well Laura. 12lb. brilliant

Thanks a mill guys :) .... slow and steady :)

Besneys I'm sorry I can't answer your question, I don't really drink very much so just usually use my syns per day, maybe one of the other girls will be able to answer for you :)

Thanks Guys :) .... it's coming off a bit slower off me than some of my friends but I'm determined to stick to it :)

So yesterdays food went as follows:

9.00 : Kellogg's Chewy Delight Cereal Bar and Coffee
1pm : Cajun chicken slices (2 slices), tomato, hard boiled egg..... Coffee and small chocolate square (3syns)
3.30pm : Apple and Coffee
6pm : Bacon, Turnip, Broccoli and Potato, can diet coke
9pm : Coffee and 3 Fox's biscuits (9syns)

Use my HEX A on milk for my coffee and my HEX B is the cereal bar...... Total syns : 12

I usually use sweetener in my coffee but sometimes forget to bring it to work with me, I need to get a jar for work...no point wasting syns when I don't have to.....

Having SW Spaghetti Bolognese tonight and SW Chicken Korma tomorrow night.... might make a roast on Sunday!! Plan on making a trip to the woods with my tots tomorrow but it will only be very slow walking cos they're still only little (3 and 2 yrs old) so I don;t think it will count as exercise really but better than being sat on my bum I suppose...lol

Really wanna get 2 lbs off this week and hit my first stone!!!! I CAN DO THIS :D

i'm sure that with your determination you will but good luck anyway x

Friday's Food Diary
9.00 : Cereal Bar(HEXB)
11.00 : Coffee and Bacon Medallions (1 SYN for skimmed milk)
1pm : Caesar Salad (Cheese as HEXA)
5.30pm : SW Spaghetti Bolognese
9pm : PKT Kelloggs Cracker crisps (5 syns) .. Curly Wurly (6 syns) Can diet coke
(TOTAL SYNS :15)

Saturday's Food Diary
11:00 : SW Fry (Bacon medallions, mushrooms, tomato and beans) 1 sl wholemeal bread and butter, cup of tea (1Syn for milk)
2pm : Cappucino with sugar (1 syn) (HEXA for milk)
4.30pm : McDonalds Grilled Chicken Salad (3 syns)
10pm : 1/2 Chinese Dish (Chicken and Mushroom with boiled rice) (3 syns)
(TOTAL SYNS 8)

Sunday's Food Diary
11.00 : 4 Bacon Medallions and Cup of Coffee with sweetener
12.30 : Freddo Bar and cup of coffee with sweetener (5 syns)
did't have any lunch!! - just realised now :sigh:
6pm : Other 1/2 Chinese takeaway (chicken and mushroom with boiled rice)
9pm : Coffee with sweetener and 2 bourbon biscuits (6 syns)
(HEXA is milk for coffee) (TOTAL SYNS 11)

So overall not a bad weekend but one thing I am learning is that I'm drinking too much coffee... I read somewhere that tea and coffee slow weight loss down, must look for that article again....I need to up my water intake.... and I need to buy some some Alpen Light Cereal bars...love these and they start me off on the right footing for the day but the nearest shop that stocks them is a 30 min drive, need to stock up well the next time I'm there.....

Still aiming for that 2lbs this week to hit the first stone....fingers crossed!
How is everyone else getting on??

Back