Laxatives

slimbyseptember

Just thought I'd share(don't know why) I took a laxative last night to help things along and this morning feeling absolutely terrible.It was called duclolax.

Can anyone recommend another one?

On the positive side I am 100% back on track and feel so pleased that I haven't given up(and thats mainly due to everyone on here.It's nice to think that there are so many of us out there going through the same things at the same time.

Thinking of everyone:thankyou:

I've onyl tried the FibreClear or whatever it's called. small white pot with a green lid, as mentioned by LT.

Others have had much more experience!! There's something called physilis husks i believe (spelling may be wrong) or ask your chemist.

Does this mean dulcolax didn't work? or worked too well?!

Good luck and well done for continuing :)

this time on LT i havent had to use a laxative yet but last time i was on the dulcolax. terrible stomach cramps and certainly worked but did leave me feeling a bit rough. did the trick tho, just had to pick my moment carefully, take it at home, when i didnt really need a good night's sleep!

i think a few people use sennakot?

Hi
I've heard dulcolax is pretty painful on the tummy.
i use fibreclear too but also use sainsbury's own brand senna tablets when i need to...they are very gentle on the tum and no side effects
hth
shelly

I have always had a problem in this area and have used physylium husk & sennakot to some effect prior to LT. The best thing I have ever used is milled flaxseed but unfortunately it cant be used on TFR! Used to have flaxseed with natural yoghurt and rhubarb for brekkie prior to LT!

Sennakot was ineffective for me since starting LT and I have used Dulcolax which I find can be too effective! It would be nice to be able to take 1 1/2 tablets but they are so tiny its difficult. I find 1 not enough and most of the time 2 are too many!!

All the best!

Hope you don't mind me gatecrashing here and giving you my 2 cents worth as I hate seeing people in discomfort!:eek:

Fibreclear isn't a laxative, and if you have constipation, you should stop taking it. It's a bulker and can make matters worse. This is advice from Cambridge, but I remember long ago seeing this on the LT website too.

Ducolax is too strong for a VLCD. We don't advise it...nor does Dr Chris Steele on the telly :D

Usually sennokot works well, and if not, then use it with a glycerine supp to attack at both ends ;) When the blockage is clear, start using the PHusks or fibreclear again to prevent it happening in the first place.

Laxatives shouldn't be take often. Preventatives can be taken safely each day throughout.

Oh..some people swear by sparkling water/warm bath/cups of coffee.

Hope that helps.

thanks KD! can never have too much advice about laxative things :)

My pharmacist recommended that i try sennokot 1st before i try fibreclear, haavent done so yet but will let you know if it works xx

I tried the Ducolax thingy~!!1!! Oh, my word, within 30 mins (whilst out cycling) I was in pain.

It worked, but not sure whether I would want to use it again to be honest!!!

I tell you, my vibroplate is helping!! haha..seriously...been ok since using this; it must be all the giggling around :)!!

Sorry, just trying to be lighthearted ;-)!

WHOOPS

Hi, I'm new to Lipotrim only on the second week day three, I am not as regular as I normally am going for a number 2, since being on this diet (about every three days). It is then still hard to pass a stool.

The other day though was embarrassing for me I had light wind but it wasn't wind I soaked my pants with excrement water not solid waste. it just came out when I thought it was gas (nobody knew about it and it just made them wet). Took of and threw away and went commando for the rest of the day.

My stools are normally like balls clumped together and hard to pass.

I'm sorry for lowering the tone down to such depths, but I just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced an accident like this.

PS I now carry a spare set of boxers just in case it ever happen again.

This has only happened just the once, but it was totally unexpected and was down to this diet

Thanks for all the feedback.
I did manage to clear out(sorry)but I don't think I will be using duclolax again,I feel like I've had a 24hr bug.
I did ask the chemist for senna but she was the one who told me to try duclolax(I will let her know about all the comments next week :)

I wish I could stomach the flapjacks Katy73(great photo by the way)

Thanks KD and to everyone else,have taken on board all comments:)

WHOOPS

Hi, I'm new to Lipotrim only on the second week day three, I am not as regular as I normally am going for a number 2, since being on this diet (about every three days). It is then still hard to pass a stool.

The other day though was embarrassing for me I had light wind but it wasn't wind I soaked my pants with excrement water not solid waste. it just came out when I thought it was gas (nobody knew about it and it just made them wet). Took of and threw away and went commando for the rest of the day.

My stools are normally like balls clumped together and hard to pass.

I'm sorry for lowering the tone down to such depths, but I just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced an accident like this.

PS I now carry a spare set of boxers just in case it ever happen again.

This has only happened just the once, but it was totally unexpected and was down to this diet
Sorry to hear about your mishap.That was nearly me this morning but was due to my laxative which I took because my are like small hard balls too (lovely conversation eh)

Don't know if anyone else has had that problem but I hope it doesn't happen to you again :)

I had Ducolax, and within about 3 minutes i had to run to the bathroom and had projectile vomitting! I think they must have changed it as i used to use them alot..

My mum said i looked liek the exorcist lol

When i told my doctor he shook his head said they were way too strong dont ever use them :/ and he recommended sennokot - although TBH i tried Sennokot and it did nothing for me.

i have used ducolax and they are very harsh on the stomach within a half hour you feel like you have a bug and even when you go you still get cramps for hours....

I have tried senokot to and they are ok but not too strong....

i find that if u get a 1.5ltr bottle of carbinated water and drink it all in one!

5 mins later...NO NEED FOR LAXATIVES LOL

I'd agree, Senokot is the best to try.
Sorry to hear of your accident Bellyman. That happened to me in the past :eek: Luckily I was at home, phew!
We call it "Following through" here in Liverpool, it must be more common than we think, if it has a name of it's own!!

Back