LAXATIVES??????

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by dibzzy, 23 February 2009 Social URL.

1. dibzzy

dibzzy Member

Hi again..
    another question..i have been on SS for 14 weeks now and am always constipated badly..i drink abt 5-6 pints of water a day and have tried the fibre stuff..nothing works..now im in severe pain (sorry for the graphics:cry:) can i take laxatives to "help" :wave_cry::wave_cry:
    thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    yes, you can take laxatives. You can use any laxatives such as Senokot or glycerine suppositories

Avoid ducolax though as it's too harsh.

I'm not sure why the fibre stuff didn't work for you. Remember the Fibre89, or fybogel (natural flavour only), or things like psyllium husks, are fine to use, but you need to use them regularly...as in all the time.

Don't use them if you are constipated. They are to stop constipation happening in the first place. If you use them while you are constipated, then it can make it worse.

So use senokot etc to relieve the present problem :clap:, then try again with the preventatives. Maybe you needed to do a bit of 'tweaking' to get the right dose for you.

4. Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie Anne-Marie

Diet:
    VLCD
    Movicol is really good - it softens things so it is easier to pass. Buy it from chemist. Once you sort the problem you need to add fibre daily to stop it happening again.

5. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

once you get the blockage cleared (sorry tmi!!) i got psylium husks tabs and take them daily...they work a treat :)

6. biltsy

biltsy Peggy McParrot

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2.5lb(20.7%)
    Diet:
    cd started 19/1 09 now ww started 1/4/09
    where do you buy psyllium husks from, tried today and the chemist just shrugged her shoulders.....

7. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

8. biltsy

biltsy Peggy McParrot

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2.5lb(20.7%)
    Diet:
    cd started 19/1 09 now ww started 1/4/09
    cheers honey....... neeed them soooooo much lol

9. exp107

exp107 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World Online
    Heartily recommend Sennakot I've had to use it a couple of times :)

10. aussieraquel

aussieraquel loving minimins!

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st1lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(13.29%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I use psyllium husks tablets, whenever I feel 'full up', I take one at night then the next morning all is well :) I just got mine at a health food shop, around 5 pounds for 60 tablets. I found these work, the fibre mixes never work for me.....

11. edibeedee

edibeedee Optifast Girl!

Diet:
    Optifast
    I use the tea called Laci LeBeau. I don't know if you can get in the UK though. It has senna in it that is a natural laxative. Works well.

12. Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie Anne-Marie

Diet:
    VLCD
    You can get psyllium husks and others from Healthspan (on internet)- free delivery from Jersey in a couple of days and usually cheaper than shops.

13. Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie Anne-Marie

Diet:
    VLCD
    Oh - forgot to say - you need to get the blockage cleared asap cos it will become drier and hence more painful (sorry!).

14. Gunna-make-it

Gunna-make-it Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    exante
    or for something different but really works quickly is a green tea abdominal massage - biggest poo I have EVER had after that. It is like having a colonic but without tubes being put into you which is always a good thing!!!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.