leah's weight loss diary via MFP

hi everyone

right a bit about me,

so i'm 32, i'm female i'm 5ft 7 and i currently weigh 16.12 ( shock)

i was at my heaviest after 2 kids 20.5 stone, so ive lost about 4 stone, i got down to 15 stone last july calorie counting however my thyroid decided to die on me resulting in 11lbs gain in 2 weeks, imnow on medication and that on top of a Christmas gain.. well...

so here i am for the final time, i plan to weigh every Friday, i ideally want to be 13 stone i was happy in my teens as 13 stone and would like that again.

wish me luck

Hi Leah, Welcome to the forum .. and well done in getting serious about losing the weight.
There's lots of people on here who are or have been a lot heavier than yourself so you are not alone and we are all fighting the same fight to get nice and slim a.s.a.p.

I also have a thyroid problem and take tablets for it... and I remember how much weight I put on when I was first diagnosed. very annoying isn't it? and the trouble is that it makes losing much more difficult too. Well, we can do it and if we support each other it will make it so much easier!

You've had a great loss so far and I'm sure you can go on to better things!

Onwards and Downwards!

hi Emma, how much are you currently on? i am on 150mcg and although im not tired anymore im not losing,
i really thought that having optimal levels i would be able to lose normally

hi Emma, how much are you currently on? i am on 150mcg and although im not tired anymore im not losing,
i really thought that having optimal levels i would be able to lose normally

I was taking 175mcg for quite a while and it's now put up to 200mcg a day. I had been feeling very tired and then when I had the increase it did make a difference but I seem to be back to square one although it's possibly due to having had this horrible flu' bug that's going round.

Back