LivvLove

Starting weight: 12 stone 0 lbs
First goal: 11 stone
Second goal: 10 stone 7 lbs
Third goal: 10 stone
Final goal: 9 stone 7 lbs

So tomorrow is day 4 of my Exante journey.
I'm pretty pleased with myself for making it this far because I have little to no willpower generally.
I've never been happy with how I look and suffer with depression in part to that. I'm now the heaviest I have ever been. In the past 2 years I've put on 2 stone and I'm worried about what will happen if I carry on this way. And so it is Exante time. Time to get back on track.
I'm kinda wanting to get down to maybe 9 and a half stone. Not sure if I will get that far though. I'll take it pound by pound and see how I feel.
My first goal is to get myself down to 11 stone so losing 14 lbs. Hopefully in 2 weeks because I dont have too many packs to hand. We will see.

Last edited:
Good luck and take care of yourself. Try and give yourself goals that are achievable to avoid the mind games that can come with a VLCD.

Good luck on your journey . I can't wait to hit 11 st but find I can't do three pkts a day I need proper food so it takes me ages to see the scales move. I have good weeks and bad weeks but I will get there. The slower the weight comes off hopefully it will stay off. Les x

Today has not been a good day. I'm having a tough time at work so was really stressed and anxious last night meaning I couldn't sleep. This morning I woke up tired, anxious and fed up. I had plans to go for dinner with my best friend at half 5 today so decided to have two shakes and some grilled chicken at dinner to try and stay on track.

I had my first shake at 11 whilst on a course (to become a fire marshal) and by 1pm when the course finished I felt terrible. I was nauseous, exhausted and freezing. And, between you and me, I've had really awful squits the past two days which just tops it off (hope that stops soon).

At half 1 I was sat in my car outside work cold, depressed, hungry and so so tired.

I went to a Harvester with my friend after work and had "simply grilled chicken" without the jacket potato. So one piece of grilled chicken, some boiled veg and gravy. Pretty sensible really.

Now, there's something you should know about me. The reason Exante works better for me than any other diet is because I don't eat vegetables. Or fruit. Try eating healthy balanced meals when all fruit and most veg is out of the question. All you're left with is sandwich thins and low fat Philadelphia.

You're going to say I'm too picky, maybe I'm an attention seeker or I'm just being stupid but I honestly have never been able to eat fruit and veg. It's not the tastes; I love loads of tastes. It's the textures. It's like sensory overload in my head and I immediately want to vomit. Not a nice experience at the table as you can imagine.

But here's the thing - today I ate boiled vegetables. Only peas, carrots and runner beans but still more veg than I've had in one sitting in over 20 years. And I enjoyed it. It was hard at first not to give in to my immediate reactions but I soon got used to the idea and really enjoyed my meal. Little victories I suppose :)

I've had another shake tonight. Choc orange which was okay. Not as good as I remember but they are OOD by a couple of months. Oops!

Now I'm lying in bed feeling generally miserable but just a little bit proud. I just want to be healthier, to look and feel good. But it all seems so far away. I know this seems a bit rubbish coming from me with 2 and a half stone to lose but I have never reached my weight loss goal. I have always given up and put weight back on and now I have more to lose thsn ever.
It doesn't help that every time I have done Exante I have lost a little weight in the first couple of days. This time I haven't lost anything at all. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Sorry if I made no sense.

Liv
X

Good luck and take care of yourself. Try and give yourself goals that are achievable to avoid the mind games that can come with a VLCD.

Thanks Freefall. I often set goals that are just too hard then lose motivation when I can't reach them. I've tried to be a little more sensible this time and take it in stages :)

Good luck on your journey . I can't wait to hit 11 st but find I can't do three pkts a day I need proper food so it takes me ages to see the scales move. I have good weeks and bad weeks but I will get there. The slower the weight comes off hopefully it will stay off. Les x

Thanks Les and keep going! We will get there faster than those doing nothing :) And each in our very own way.

My son has sensory processing disorder and vegetables and especially fruit have been high hurdles to get over. We believe for him it's the inconsistent textures. His brain signals the memory of a raw carrot so equals crunchy then eats a boiled soggy carrot and his gag reflex immediately sets in. He has the same problem with chocolate with the melting in the mouth. Also two textured veg and fruit like tomatoes and cucumbers.

It does not matter if you have 1 stone or 10 stone to lose its how you feel about yourself and the damage it does to your mental health. My self esteem in my forties at five stone plus overweight is actually better than it was in my twenties when my weight fluctuated between 8 and 10 stone (I am short). Be kind to yourself.

I must admit I'm 57 and i am probably feeling better about myself then I have for a few years. My weigh day was yesterday and I was 11.4 which was down so I'm pleased with that. This week im getting back to my bike and doing a bit of exercise again.
I was sorry to read about your son that must b hard.
Hope u have had a good weekend x les

So the weekend is over and ......... I cheated :(

Saturday went okay. I spent most of the morning at my Mum's who happens to be doing Lipotrim. I had a chocolate Lipotrim shake for breakfast because she wanted me to try it and it was pretty nice. Tasted kind of like Nesquick, as did the strawberry one that my Mum had, and not as thick as Exante. I spent the rest of the day lazing on the sofa reading a good book. Had a lunch shake around half 3 (can't remember which one) and a banana shake for tea around half 8. So far so good.

Sunday was not so great. Had the lemon cheesecake smoothie for breakfast - but not till quarter to 2 in the afternoon!!! Then me and OH popped to Tesco to grab a few bits. I picked up a pack of prosciutto and salami as I thought it'd be a nice low carb treat and I was dying to snack on something. When I got home I was getting peckish but instead of my shake I opened my pack of ham which I then finished completely. My OH then cooked a pizza which smelled so amazing that I had to have a slice. Then a Jaffa Cake for pudding, and another until I finished the pack. Then some Ben and Jerry's because I'd already ate the Jaffa Cakes so "why not?" I went to bed feeling a bit too full and pretty disapointed :(

I've decided to weigh in on Tuesday because that was the first day I weighed myself even though I started the diet on the Monday. Hoping to have lost a couple of pounds. Bit gutted that I might have missed out on the 7lbs+ that I could have lost if I was good but you live and you learn.

Today I had a strawberry shake for breakfast and am having choc mint for lunch. This week I'm hoping I can avoid cheating but the weekends are just so hard!!

Hope everyone is having a good Monday!

Liv
X

I've loved reading your post, like myself u must forget the bad days and focus on the day ahead
Today I have had a porridge with a bar and i have just had a weight watchers meal. If I find I'm hungry tonight I might just have another bar. Day one all done. 20 mins on my bike with some walking and ice clocked up my 10k for the day, so all in all I'm happy with how it's gone. Look forward to reading your next post x

I've loved reading your post, like myself u must forget the bad days and focus on the day ahead
Today I have had a porridge with a bar and i have just had a weight watchers meal. If I find I'm hungry tonight I might just have another bar. Day one all done. 20 mins on my bike with some walking and ice clocked up my 10k for the day, so all in all I'm happy with how it's gone. Look forward to reading your next post x

Haha glad you enjoyed it Les. I was worried I was waffling on a bit! Great to hear that you're keeping active. That's one of the things I struggle with most to be honest. I just can never be bothered :oops:

How's your day?
I've just do used 20mins on my bike
Food today
Porridge for breakfast
Cookies and cream bar for lunch
Weight watchers sausage and mash for tea
And perhaps a snack if i need it later
Les x

Today is going well so far thanks Les :)

I ordered a week's worth of products which came today including the strawberry delight so I tried that for breakfast. I wasn't wowed by it but definitely edible and does taste like strawberry.
Lunch I'm thinking maybe vanilla shake and then maybe banana for tea (banana is my fave shake!)
Yesterday was my first proper weigh-in day, although I have weighed myself almost everyday, and I've lost 7lbs :wee:
Very pleased with that and it's great motivation for me to carry on!

Hope everyone else has a great day too!!

Liv
X

Oh well done. You must b so pleased.
I'm not a great lover of shakes , I really do need to have food. Have u tried any meals etc? Or do u just have shakes

I have done Exante before way back in November 2013!! Can't believe it was so long ago but I did try some of the meals that time. Wasn't particularly keen on any of the soups but the carbonara was okay and the shepherds pie wasn't too bad either.

I did it again May last year but only lasted a week or two on and off because I'd ordered meals as well as shakes and found I didn't really like any of the meals :(

This time around I've stuck with shakes because I know I like them haha. I have also got three bars in my new delivery to try when I run out of OOD packs. I got the choc orange, the cookies and cream and the chocolate caramel crunch but I'm pretty scared to try them in case I can't stomach them!

How do you find the bars?

I love the bars. The cookies and cream are my favourite, I find I eat them so quickly though. I love the hot cross buns strawberries and cream. Oh they are so lovely. I have tried the choc and orange but dont have any at the moment.
I have just biddded on eBay for some packets and have won . You have to b careful though as sometimes the offers on exante are better. X

Last edited:
Oooh I didnt even think about eBay. Will have to keep an eye out for any good deals.
I really want to try my bars but I'm determined to use all my OOD stuff first. Got about a weeks worth of that to get through.
X

Yes check eBay out. I think I've just got 30 pkts for a tenner. U can get some good ones if your lucky.
Good luck for the week. Let's hope we have a good one x

Hi Livv,

Just had a read of your diary, congrats on your 8lb loss. That is really a really fanstatstic loss, especially since you only have 2.5 stone till you get to goal. you sound like your doing great even with your slight blight at the weekend. Good luck for the next week!

Thanks Whimsical Daisy. I'm really happy with the loss and it gave me so much motivation for this week. It's just so nice to see the scale moving after the first week. Especially after the Jaffa Cakes hahaha!

Well what a funny couple of days. In all honesty I've not done too well with the diet this week but not because of cheating; quite the opposite really.

Monday I did have a Strawberry Shake for brekkie as I said in my Monday post, but the Mint Choc Shake that was planned for lunch didn't end up happening. And then neither did tea... so Monday was a one shake day. The problem is I'm just not hungry and then I was so busy the whole idea of eating slipped my mind. And then the same thing happened on Tuesday, I managed a breakfast shake but then forgot about the rest.

On Wednesday I planned to make sure I had all three shakes because I was worrying about the nutrients I was missing and obviously being on such low calories two days running. I did have the Strawberry Delight that I mentioned in my Wednesday post and had planned which shakes to have for lunch and tea but again it didn't happen. This time my Mum, who's on Lipotrim, turned up at my house after work demanding I go out for dinner with her! She'd had the same issue as me with not being hungry and not making time to have a shake and so had not eaten in two days! I'd already arranged with my little brother to go out for tea on Thursday (to celebrate the end of his GCSEs) but I just couldn't say no to my Mum so off we went.

We decided to go to the Hungry Horse up the road, which happens to be where I worked last year, and have a steak each. Nice and tasty but keeping with the diet. I had an 8oz, med. rare rump which was lovely and about half a cup of boiled veg with a spot of gravy and was very full by the end of it.

Thursday I didn't get chance to make a shake throughout the day and went straight to the Hungry Horse after work for tea with my brother. Ended up having the same meal as Wednesday because I knew it was the safest thing on the menu. Again felt stuffed after I finished and so didn't end up having anything else yesterday. I did pop everything into My Fitness Pal though and it worked out at around 600 calories and only 25g of carbs so I'm not too worried.

Today I'm determined to get back to three shakes a day. I'm hoping that having such low calories hasn't made me stall, I've never gone under my 600 calories on Exante (only ever over them haha) so really don't know how my body will react.

Hope everyone has had a good week!

Livv
X

Back