Lean in 2016!

Autumn500

Silver Member
Hiya,don't know if one of these has already been posted or not but I couldn't see one so thought I'd get the ball rolling! The past few years we have had thread where we posted our weight loss goals for the year and then we had a list that was updated whenever anyone had a weigh in.

I found these so helpful because there was a real feeling of support and even when you were coming with your tail between your legs you had people there to lift your spirits,and I know on many occasions I avoided going completely off the rails due to the help and support I got.

It's pretty simple,just post your username and the amount of weight you want to lose-I will start,so whoever comes after me can just copy the details already in the list and add their names to the bottom

Hope that makes sense! I had a crap time weight wise in 2015 and am exactly where I was in January 2015 (which would be amazing if I was in maintenance mode lol)

Autumn500- 35lbs

I'm in!

Autumn500 - 35lbs
Cat - 40lbs (0lbs lost, 40lbs to go)

Woohoo! Good to see you,really hope I can actually make a dent in it this time,it's my 30th in May so would like a good chunk gone by then! What diet are you planning on doing Cat?

I'm just calorie counting as I hate salad and most veg with a passion so its harder to do things like slimming world hehe

Haven't put much effort in for the last 6 months so hoping a new start in the new year will do the trick. Currently 19.4lb's down this year which should have been double really if I hadn't mucked around so much lol

Yeah I struggle with fruit and veg myself,it's just not really my thing so I will juice it and chug it down but it's hard to eat it!

That's nearly 1.5 stone that's great,as of now I have lost 0 pounds this year but I suppose at least I haven't put more on,hoping in the next few months to make a dent in it, I'm going for the slow and steady approach,I need to learn to appreciate the tiny losses cos they still build up over time!

I agree,every week I want to lose like five pounds and am genuinely disappointed when it doesn't happen lol

Yes please! I'm hoping to shift a couple more pounds before 2016 but starting from my current weight I'd like to lose 23lbs in total.

Autumn500 - 35lbs
Hoz - 23lbs (0lbs lost, 23lbs to go)

Welcome hoz!!
How are you all planning to deal with the festive period?i would like to stick to plan as often as I can but if something crops up then I will just get back on board afterwards.i would like to be a lot stricter diet wise after Christmas though!

I'm in! Still got a long way and and going to try to lose a bit more before the end of the year.

Autumn500 - 35lbs
rushhooked - 90lbs (0lbs lost, 90lbs to go)

My approach to the festive period is more or less the same as yours Autumn, try be mindful about what/how much I'm eating but I'm not going to lose sleep over Christmas treats, I'll deal with any damage I do in the new year :)

I'm in! Still got a long way and and going to try to lose a bit more before the end of the year.

Autumn500 - 35lbs

Welcome! Good luck with your goal! Sometimes when my yearly goal is feeling too overwhelming I break it in a monthly goal and it feels a bit more doable!

Hoz-I agree about sorting the damage out in the new year,I just hope it is minimal! I'm very loosely doing weightwatchers til the end of the year,will really have to clamp down in January if I want to make a dent in my goal though!

I would like to join this board

would like to lose 37lb (well lots more but 2st is a start ;))

Autumn500 - 35lbs
ronniejacobs - 37lb (olb lost 37lb to go)

Welcome hoz!!
How are you all planning to deal with the festive period?i would like to stick to plan as often as I can but if something crops up then I will just get back on board afterwards.i would like to be a lot stricter diet wise after Christmas though!

It's hard because it's also all the Christmas parties and lunches before Christmas, but I am going to try really hard on all the non party days and try enjoy myself and limit the damage though. I have asked for a taster pack of slim and save for Christmas so I can do a week of damage control before going back to Sw or trying WW.

Pony you can do it and since it's still 2015 you have a really good start.

It's hard because it's also all the Christmas parties and lunches before Christmas, but I am going to try really hard on all the non party days and try enjoy myself and limit the damage though. I have asked for a taster pack of slim and save for Christmas so I can do a week of damage control before going back to Sw or trying WW.
Yes I find it hard too as I'm sort of all or nothing,I really need the structure of it all so having a day where I eat crap usually leads to loads of days of eating crap :-( what is slim and save?

Hi guys. I lost lots in the early part of 2015, but after holiday in July and then having no kitchen since August I have put most of it back on :-(

I would like to lose 2 stone in 2016 :)

28lbs to go - 0lbs lost

I know the feeling,I lost a stone at the start of the year and have put it on and then a few more pounds so am currently the heaviest I have been in nearly ten years which is stressing me out big time.good luck with your goal!

I'm in, 2 stone will do it for me. Impatience is my middle name so I have to learn patience!
:rolleyes:

Oh tell me about it,I want to lose closer to three stone and I want it off now lol.tryibg my best to make 2016 the year where I don't rush myself and appreciate any loss at all (I guarantee I will be in this thread complaining when I 'only' lose a pound though lol.good luck with your goal!

Back