Lean meat help please!!

Mary Jane

In the slimming world books in goes on about lean meats. I can manage to get my hands on extra lean mince and pork chops but I can't find lean gammon or turkey.

Does it just mean to remove any fat from it or do places sell lean gammon n turkey because I can't find it anywhere?

If anybody can shed any light would be greatly appreciated.

In the slimming world books in goes on about lean meats. I can manage to get my hands on extra lean mince and pork chops but I can't find lean gammon or turkey.

Does it just mean to remove any fat from it or do places sell lean gammon n turkey because I can't find it anywhere?

If you cut the fat off yourself then it's still lean :)

You can remove the fat - just beware of turkey mince because it's very fatty - turkey breast mince is usually less than 5% fat though, which would be fine but some of them are 20% fat!!

For gammon I get the gammon steaks from tesco that are reduced fat and they're yummy :)

Back