Lean mince (not extra lean)

Yellow Ribbon

I searched and found this:

"The lean mince is syned but it's only 1/2 a syn per 28g raw weight, so you are probably still within your syn allowance. Hope this helps."

but it was from a while ago - can anybody tell me if this is correct?

Basic/Non Branded Foods Beef, mince, lean 28g raw

extraeasy.gif
½ Syn on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original ½ Syn
green.gif
Green 2½ Syns

Yes its still right. It needs to be "EXTRA LEAN" to be syn free...

Basic/Non Branded Foods Beef, mince, extra lean 28g raw

extraeasy.gif
0 Syn on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original Free
green.gif
Green 2 Syns

Thank you - I couldn't get any extra lean - I'm quite relieved that's all it is, should easily be able to save enough syns.

My class leader told me if a dry fry the normal mince then scold it with hot water through a colinder to get rid of the fat that this will count at syn free.

My class leader told me if a dry fry the normal mince then scold it with hot water through a colinder to get rid of the fat that this will count at syn free.

I was told the same thing, i get my mince from the butcher and can only get lean so i do this, although i never get alot of fat out of it anyway.

I get tesco healthy options lean mince as they don't do extra lean and I drain off any fat. I have never synned for this as to me it is free. If I don't lose weight one week I will syn, but so far it hasn't affected me.

I buy steak mince, as I do most of the family shopping in Aldi and don't see the point in getting something special just for me, or having to shop elsewhere. I have always dry fried and then put mince in colander and poured boiling water over it, I also clean out the frying pan and then cook the mince a bit longer, season it, so it browns it up a bit more.

The tesco here doesn't do that one as I used to buy that back in Scotland...we only have the tesco lean mince here....wish they would show some parity the wee raspers! (my other swear wasn't allowed) :)

Have you tried asking them to stock it and telling them that SW members would buy it if they did?

I could certainly try, only issue may be that slimming world hasn't really taken off here...had to join online as they have no classes near me. But I can only ask, what's the worst that could happen.... :)

I could certainly try, only issue may be that slimming world hasn't really taken off here...had to join online as they have no classes near me. But I can only ask, what's the worst that could happen.... :)

Sorry - hadn't noticed that you weren't in the UK! But still, it costs nothing to ask.

Back