Lean Muscle Loss

Huseyin

Silver Member
Standing before the mirror yesterday, i was just looking at my chest and arms in general, now it can go without saying that i have certainly lost muscle mass on this diet. Has anyone else seen this, i would imagine the guys on the boards would notice this more but ladies please do comment too.

LL says there is no evidence of this, however every other site on the net based on nutrition says its true.

Your thoughts guys?

Scientifically and all that, on any diet you will lose some fat and some muscle. The more fat you have, the higher the fat percentage in loss.

As you get leaner, you lose more muscle and some of that muscle isn't now needed to support the smaller you.

The lean loss on diets such as CD/LL and LT is less than most traditional diets as it has more protein than most.

That's the theory anyway. Surprised LL say there is no muscle loss. That goes against normal human physiology :confused:

My BMI actually hit 25 this week, i have 2 weeks worth of packs left at home, so going to finish those and start RTM

That is interesting what you say LS about CD

KD- Oh yeah go check out the website, was a bit surprised by that myself.

BL - i have no behind either so dont worry lol

Any vlcd will cause muscle loss...unless you are doing weight training and supplementing with extra protein. I think weight training can be done with ketogenic diets, whereas endurance type sports (where you are spending more than 45 minutes doing something strenuous like running or rowing, etc) need more carbs...so certain exercise can be done to keep the muscle tone and the muscle volume...still not sure with such low calories though...I do know though, that the first time I did a vlcd I was 9 stone and a size 10, this time round when I finished (and I was doing heavy gym sessions, etc) I had built muscle mass and maintained it and was size 10 at 10 stone...

Are you doing any exercise H? Sorry if you have mentioned this elsewhere...

LL says there is no evidence of this,

KD- Oh yeah go check out the website, was a bit surprised by that myself.

Where were you looking? I found this on the LL site

"When losing weight, research demonstrates that 75% of the weight lost on a very-low-calorie diet is from body-fat stores and 25% lean body mass."

That's a very general number though as it really depends on your ratio of fat to muscle.

Thats interesting they have changed the Answer, before it was there is no evidence and now this

Will I lose muscle?

If you google Lighter life muscle loss and look down to the seventh link you can see a sentence about it in the search but when you go in its changed to the link above.

If you google Lighter life muscle loss and look down to the seventh link you can see a sentence about it in the search but when you go in its changed to the link above.

That's interesting, though I know they did need to do a major restructure to their site with more uptodate info.

BTW, if I do the 7th link down, I get Ebay :D Might have different google settings on my comp. Can you quote it. I'm curious.

yeah let me copy and paste it in lol

here we go

"Enjoy a new lighter life call: UK 0800 2 988 988 | ROI 1800 927 213 ... There is no evidence that losing weight fast accelerates the loss of lean tissue"

from Lighterlife.com

I seem to have lost rapid amounts due to it :)

yeah let me copy and paste it in lol

here we go

"Enjoy a new lighter life call: UK 0800 2 988 988 | ROI 1800 927 213 ... There is no evidence that losing weight fast accelerates the loss of lean tissue"

Ah, but that is different. People tend to think that VLCDieters lose more lean than traditional dieters. They are saying that lean mass doesn't come off faster. They weren't saying you don't lose it at all.

I seem to have lost rapid amounts due to it :)
Ah, but you may have lost even more doing another diet.

SomeGuyEarlierToday :D said:
statistics go up and down and cant be pinned on anything, again evidence

Where's the evidence that you have lost more muscle on this diet compared to another? I need evidence :8855:

LOL. Listen dont make me take a nude before and after pic for you.

Believe me the before already exists lolll

LOL. Listen dont make me take a nude before and after pic for you.
:8855: Will be checking your album every 5 minutes :D

Be very thankful that I'm not in the same room as you :D Can strip a man in seconds...

BL - I've lost my bottom too which I'm very upset about as I've always liked it, no matter what size! I don't know if it's an age thing this time but I'm pleased to read your's is coming back.

I've just started RTM so I'll be going to the gym more now and will hope mine makes an appearance again with a bit of hard work!

Back