Learning to stay Thin Inside and Out

Just reading through & wanted to say you have done amazing over the last year your post says it all from a size 22/24 to a 10/12 is fab!!! Dont give up on what you have achieved. Im in the the same place but have gained slightly more but no more Im going to get back to a size 12 again - it was a great feeling:D

Hi Kik. We can do this!

I don't want to be the first person to end RTM the same weight as I started Foundation. At the moment that's pretty much where I'm heading. It stops NOW.

Don't let the guilt spiral get to you. You have the power to stop. Next time you find yourself in a compromising situation... actually Think. Say it out loud. Say: 'No. I choose not to do this.'... And walk away.

Sounds silly, but the verbal barrier which you put just by SAYING out loud can help enormously.

You are strong, you have come so far. You are an inspiration to everyone. I love the positive post you put up a few days ago. I suggest you print it and keep reading it over and over. Stick it up in your kitchen! Be proud of your achievements, a few small slip-ups are not worth untangling the whole web for. ;)

I believe in you.

x

Min - thank you for your post. You are so supportive and it is much appreciated.

Success at last. I have halted the weight gain and had a STS at wi last night. Challenges this week include two work lunches and a night away.

Went running this morning. I feel really good and have extended my route a little. I'm certainly not a runner, more of a jogger, but I can keep going further than I could have ever imagined a year ago. So far still on track for a 5k in March. I have sent off my entry so am definitely commited to it. I feel quite excited at the thought of how I will feel at the end. Enough to spur me on with the early mornings.

I had a reasonable swim session last night and have printed off the entry form for a competition in April. Feeling good and I can really feel my fitness improve.

Regarding the eating debacle - I am back on packs, but as I don't want to be in ketosis and I do want to learn about eating when I feel I want to eat, I am not restricting the number of packs I consume in a day. The boundaries are there and this will allow me to address the cravings for carbs and sugars and return to the RTM gradual reintroduction of foods in the knowledge I will be able to follow it properly. Actually, something is disagreeing with me so I need to do RTM properly to work out what it might be.

I'm back in control and it feels good!

Aww, well done hun with the running! Exercise creates lots of 'happy' chemicals in the brain, so even a little is beneficial! Don't over-do it though, as on packs alone your body may yearn for more sustenance.

I'm happy that you're also feeling a bit more in control as well - cherish this feeling, and assess your reactions to things from within your 'food boundary'. I would perhaps make a suggestion of having a go at Lite. When I did LL the second time, initially I went in with wanting to do abstinence 100%. ... I couldn't do it for more than a week, it was torture. I switched to Lite instead and by sticking to the regime on that - I learned to control and manage my food intake SO MUCH BETTER. Because it actually involves a small meal you actually LEARN about food and how much you need through trial and error. Something you can't do on abstinece. You put it all into practice there within a set number of boundaries over a period of time. Maintenance is hard, but Lite really does pave the way (I believe) towards a healthier understanding of how much and when we need things.

Have a think about it, and see if it could be helpful maybe in a week or two's time.

xx

Hi TI, glad you're in a positive frame at the moment. Well done on the running, it feels good doesn't it? No matter how fast you are (which I'm not) I just love the feeling of achievement at the end of each run. You go girl!

Ps I've signed up for 10k in May with a view to possibly doing a half marathon in September...OMG...:D

Been a little out of control the last two days, but I'm workin on it. The snow seems to throw me. Blizzards again. Still running on plan and enjoying it. Food the problem. xx

Hi TI, glad you're in a positive frame at the moment. Well done on the running, it feels good doesn't it? No matter how fast you are (which I'm not) I just love the feeling of achievement at the end of each run. You go girl!

Ps I've signed up for 10k in May with a view to possibly doing a half marathon in September...OMG...:D

Fab! You are inspirational.:)

If I do OK at the 5k in March there are a few more over the summer and I may consider a 10k in October.

Hope you're doing well TI. I get miserable in the cold too. So I'm hoping the snow has gone and you're managing to continue with the running, good luck...:)

Back