Leek and potato soup

Ninja

Silver Member
4078042184_b824c93213_o.jpg

Also add some cut up pieces of crispy bacon to serve it with. It adds a lovely flavour to it.

I'm just making this for lunch now and wondering the same as Pickledonion

Is the milk to be counted as a HEA?? :confused:

If you think about it it's a very small amount of skimmed milk which is split over 4 portions. I'm sure it would say if you needed to use a HeA for the milk. But 1 HeA of skimmed milk is 350mls, the whole recipe only asks for 142ml and like I said that's spread over portions.

I just syn'd it for a half a syn like the recipe says.

I have made that recipe too, but I don't bother with the milk any more as I prefer it without. Just the thing for a day like today - it's snowing again!!

I do one which is not strictly sw recepie but not that much syns if you count between 6.
I just use 1lb leeks finely chopped, 1lb potatoes cubed small and 8oz lean smoked bacon cubed and you put whole lot in pan and sautee till softish then add 120ml stock I use ham stock cube and put lid on and let simmer down till cooked, now the bad bit, I don't like milk in my soup but I do love carnation milk so I buy the lf variety which is 1.5syns for 2 level tbsp and I worked out that it is 20 syns for whole recepie using that but it is between 6 so 3.5 syns each.
I liquidise it down but not so its totally smoothe still leave some lumpy bits in it and its so yummy.

And I have a garden full of leeks! Thanks.

Making this tonight as now the cold weather is here, i love a nice soup for starter at lunch time, i then add a salad or a sandwich and hey presto.

Oooooh i made this for tea last night and it was delish! definately going to make it again soon, gunna make double this time so i've got something ready if i'm in a hurry :)

I know the syns are negligible in this recipe but I take it that when it was first posted (2009) it must have been the bovril that produced the syns?

Therefore, today, this soup would actually be syn free if milk came from daily HEa allowance - correct?

Thank you for posting this, I've been meaning to make a leek and potato soup for a little while now and finding an actual SW recipe for it is really useful!

mmm I'm going to try this, however I think I'll add chicken to it to make a dinner from it :)

Minimunchkins said:
I know the syns are negligible in this recipe but I take it that when it was first posted (2009) it must have been the bovril that produced the syns?

Therefore, today, this soup would actually be syn free if milk came from daily HEa allowance - correct?

There's not much milk when split into four so you may just be better to count the syns and save he. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back