Leek and potato soup

Discussion in 'SW Winter Warmer Recipes' started by Ninja, 5 November 2009.

1. Ninja

Ninja Well-Known Member

Also add some cut up pieces of crispy bacon to serve it with. It adds a lovely flavour to it.
  2. pickledonionuk

pickledonionuk Well-Known Member

theres no recipe!!
  3. 30FlirtyGirl

30FlirtyGirl Call me Nicky xx

hmm that sounds delicious. I looove potato and leek soup !!

Thanks for posting this x
  4. Ninja

Ninja Well-Known Member

Can't you see it Pickle? It's there when I look :confused:
  5. pickledonionuk

I made this today. Wow. It was scrummy. Definatley make this again! Could I count the milk as a hexa?
  6. MissShiraz

MissShiraz Well-Known Member

I'm just making this for lunch now and wondering the same as Pickledonion

Is the milk to be counted as a HEA?? :confused:
  7. pickledonionuk

Well I did in the end anyway xxx
  8. Ninja

Ninja Well-Known Member

If you think about it it's a very small amount of skimmed milk which is split over 4 portions. I'm sure it would say if you needed to use a HeA for the milk. But 1 HeA of skimmed milk is 350mls, the whole recipe only asks for 142ml and like I said that's spread over portions.

I just syn'd it for a half a syn like the recipe says.
  9. avisk

avisk xx

I have made that recipe too, but I don't bother with the milk any more as I prefer it without. Just the thing for a day like today - it's snowing again!!
  10. Meli

Meli Well-Known Member

If you replace the leeks for Courgettes and leave out the milk it also makes a really nice puree.
  11. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

I'm going to make this, it's sounds so warm and comforting, thank you.
  12. BikerAngel

BikerAngel Well-Known Member

I do one which is not strictly sw recepie but not that much syns if you count between 6.
    I just use 1lb leeks finely chopped, 1lb potatoes cubed small and 8oz lean smoked bacon cubed and you put whole lot in pan and sautee till softish then add 120ml stock I use ham stock cube and put lid on and let simmer down till cooked, now the bad bit, I don't like milk in my soup but I do love carnation milk so I buy the lf variety which is 1.5syns for 2 level tbsp and I worked out that it is 20 syns for whole recepie using that but it is between 6 so 3.5 syns each.
    I liquidise it down but not so its totally smoothe still leave some lumpy bits in it and its so yummy.
  13. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

And I have a garden full of leeks! Thanks.
  14. Kankles

Kankles Well-Known Member

Bought some huge leaks today so think I'll try this. Thanks x x
  15. teresa32uk

teresa32uk Well-Known Member

Making this tonight as now the cold weather is here, i love a nice soup for starter at lunch time, i then add a salad or a sandwich and hey presto.
  16. Sazy87

Sazy87 Member

Oooooh i made this for tea last night and it was delish! definately going to make it again soon, gunna make double this time so i've got something ready if i'm in a hurry :)
  17. Minimunchkins

Minimunchkins Well-Known Member

I know the syns are negligible in this recipe but I take it that when it was first posted (2009) it must have been the bovril that produced the syns?

Therefore, today, this soup would actually be syn free if milk came from daily HEa allowance - correct?
  18. x_Ellie_x

x_Ellie_x Well-Known Member

Thank you for posting this, I've been meaning to make a leek and potato soup for a little while now and finding an actual SW recipe for it is really useful!
  19. misskiki

misskiki Well-Known Member

mmm I'm going to try this, however I think I'll add chicken to it to make a dinner from it :)
  20. Where there's a will.....

Where there's a will..... Well-Known Member

There's not much milk when split into four so you may just be better to count the syns and save he. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins