Leek and White Bean Soup

Discussion in 'SW Winter Warmer Recipes' started by avisk, 7 January 2010 Social URL.

1. avisk

avisk xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Cheap and easy to make.

1 large or 2 smaller leeks, thinly sliced
    1 clove garlic, crushed
    1 floury potato (about 175g) diced
    410g can Cannellini Beans, drained and rinsed
    600ml hot stock (I made mine with a Stock Pot tub)
    Frylight
    salt and pepper
    chopped parsley

Cook the leeks and garlic in Frylight for 5 minutes. Add the potato, beans, hot stock, and seasoning. Simmer for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked.

Using a slotted spoon, scoop out about a quarter of the vegetables. Puree the rest of the soup with a hand blender and then return the reserved vegetables to the pan. Heat through, check seasoning, sprinkle with chopped parsley.

I have adapted this from a recipe in the Waitrose Christmas Cookbook. It says that it serves two people - I had one and a half bowls at lunchtime today and there is enough for another portion for tomorrow. Really thick and warming and very tasty.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. avisk

avisk xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    When I came to heat up the second portion I found that it was very thick indeed, so I thinned it down with some milk, and it was even nicer.

I should warn people, though, that if you have a tendency to any windy problems when eating beans you should maybe avoid this one or save it for when you are eating alone!!

4. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    Sounds good, I have all the ingredients I'll give it a go.

5. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(11.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Green Days only.
    I have these ingredients in too, I will give it a go, thank you.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.