• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Leek and White Bean Soup

Cheap and easy to make.

1 large or 2 smaller leeks, thinly sliced
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 floury potato (about 175g) diced
410g can Cannellini Beans, drained and rinsed
600ml hot stock (I made mine with a Stock Pot tub)
Frylight
salt and pepper
chopped parsley

Cook the leeks and garlic in Frylight for 5 minutes. Add the potato, beans, hot stock, and seasoning. Simmer for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked.

Using a slotted spoon, scoop out about a quarter of the vegetables. Puree the rest of the soup with a hand blender and then return the reserved vegetables to the pan. Heat through, check seasoning, sprinkle with chopped parsley.

I have adapted this from a recipe in the Waitrose Christmas Cookbook. It says that it serves two people - I had one and a half bowls at lunchtime today and there is enough for another portion for tomorrow. Really thick and warming and very tasty.

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
When I came to heat up the second portion I found that it was very thick indeed, so I thinned it down with some milk, and it was even nicer.

I should warn people, though, that if you have a tendency to any windy problems when eating beans you should maybe avoid this one or save it for when you are eating alone!!

judimac

Mad old Bat with Attitude
S: 14st5lb
Sounds good, I have all the ingredients I'll give it a go.