Left over leeks?

I was planning on using some left over leeks & mushrooms up in a leek & mushroom risotto for dinner tonight, only having found the mushrooms brown & watery underneath I've binned them.

Any ideas if a nice tasty dish I can make with these leeks?

I love leeks fryed in Frylight and then soy sauce added at end of cooking this makes a tasty veg to any meal or I also cook pasta and about 5-8 mins before the pasta finishes add leeks any other veg you like ie peppers, mushrooms, drain pasta when cooked then add tinned tuna or/and fry off some bacon mix with pasta, add quark, fromage frai (or your HE cheese if you prefer) I usually use the quark and the HE of cheese and syn some extra cheese (needless to say I love cheesy pasta) , put in oven or grill to melt cheese and heh presto a very fast pasta meal. On saying this I'm not sure if you would have the other ingredients to hand. Hope this helps anyway. xx

I love leeks fryed in Frylight and then soy sauce added at end of cooking this makes a tasty veg to any meal or I also cook pasta and about 5-8 mins before the pasta finishes add leeks any other veg you like ie peppers, mushrooms, drain pasta when cooked then add tinned tuna or/and fry off some bacon mix with pasta, add quark, fromage frai (or your HE cheese if you prefer) I usually use the quark and the HE of cheese and syn some extra cheese (needless to say I love cheesy pasta) , put in oven or grill to melt cheese and heh presto a very fast pasta meal. On saying this I'm not sure if you would have the other ingredients to hand. Hope this helps anyway. xx

Ohhhhh never even thought of adding pasta, have some light garlic Philly too - Nom Nom! I'll either add aload of other veggies, broccoli etc
Or do a big salad to go with it - thanks!!

Leek & Ham bake
Leek & Ham Bake (Small).JPG
Leek,pasta & tuna bake
Tuna Pasta Bake (Small).JPG
recipes on my recipe pages 70 & 71.
Index on page 60.
Follow link below for recipes................

I fry them in Fry light and then add my HEX A allowance of Light Philadelphia for creamy leeks. MMMM

Back