Leftover yolks

Auburn

x x x
Hi :)

I'm making a pavlova and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for using the yolks from the eggs?!

I don't want to just chuck them out...!

custard?
yolk omelettes

lemon curd mix, 1 yolk juice of 1 lemon and zest and 2 tbsp of splenda in a bowl over simmering water its really nice and added to greek yoghurt it makes a lemon cream

You can freeze them til you need them.

I used mine to make the kids real Icecream after defrosting them.

Some of the cakes require more yolks abd it gives a richness to an omelette.

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Add them to mashed potatoes to give a creamy taste.

I've been avoiding real mash since joining SW cos back in the day my mash consisted of half a tub of fresh cream and half a pack of butter :eek: but yesterday I added 1 egg yolk per person to the mash and whilst it isn't the same as cream and butter, it makes a pretty good substitute.

And if you're wondering what to do with the whites then I added them to 1 egg this morning for a breakfast omelette.

Hello there, I just tried the Lemon Curd but it wouldn't get thick enough to spread on Toast:( So my plan....mix it with Quark or Fromage Frais and freeze it

Jen, you can buy egg whites in a carton from most supermarkets. I don't know how much they cost, but saves wasting yolks :)

I did not know that, thanks Jess! I'll bear that in mind for future, this was a whim.... haha!! :)

PS - Pavlova was yummy!!

Back