Leftovers

bubulix

Hello! Just wondered what every one did with leftovers and syns. I made Thai Salmon curry yesterday which had syns in the Thai paste and healthy extra Philadelphia allowance. When I served out I gave my hubby about half and then a slightly smaller portion to myself and put a little that was left in a tub for my lunch today. I added the syns yesterday for a full half but not sure whether to add syns for it today too...

What do you do in this scenario?

As syns work daily you should technically syn the proportion left and deduct from yesterday BUT if you work weekly then it doesn't matter. I think there has been a post on this before. If you are doing it regularly it may be worth looking at weekly syns to give you that flexibility but if its occasionally I can't see the harm in rolling a few syns over? I have no doubt there will be other opinions and if it were me I'd syn it to be on the safe side. Unless you routinely go to 15 rach day it's not going to affect you much.

If you counted all the syns yesterday then I wouldn't count them again today.

I have 250ml as my HeX-A and never use it all in one day... it usually lasts two days and on the second day I'll have 30g cheddar

Whenever I have leftovers, I figure the Syns were counted for yesterday, so I don't need to double count them.

If I have a 6 syn meal on Saturday night, leave half of it and reheat it for Sunday lunch, I don't add 3 syns to sunday as that would increase the cost of the dish to 9 syns. I treat it as free food. Obviously if I intentionally portioned it out into 2 lots then i's count it as 3 on Saturday & 3 on sunday.

I would normally count them all on the day I cooked it and not count anything if I have some left over for the following day. The only time I wouldn't do it would be if it was a start of a new week ie if I had been weighed in between.

Back