Leg cramps

Derek c

Hi I have just started the CD two days ago,
everything is fine no headaches, no hunger pangs, the only thing appears to be slight cramps down my legs worse behind both knees.
I dont know if this is related to the diet or if anyone else has experienced the same thing, if so can i have some feedback to what is causing it please.:wave_cry:

Hi,I seem to be spending most of my time feeling like a know it all saying I had that,i had that!!........but I have had horrendous leg cramps,crampex are fantastic for it take 1 at night before bed they really do work........and above all LAY STILL Hee!Hee!you can feel it coming cant you!!

It started yestarday afternoon and has not left, not agony or anything just niggly uncomfortable feeling, any ideas what causing it

I dont really know,hopefully a CDC will be along soon with an answer for you.....try not to think about it seems to make it worse if you do!!
xx

Hi Derek, I had the same in days 3, 4 and 5 but not since, and like andju, I took crampex before I went to bed and that helped a lot. Not sure of the scientific reasons for it but I had the same problem when I did Atkins years ago so I wonder if its maybe just your body adjusting. Would be good if anyone out there has a proper explanation, but stick with it, it does pass - honestly.

Thanks Debs
At least i know it is related to the diet and as you say it would be nice to have an explanation of whats happening to my body

A few pople are prone to cramp while using the 'Sole Source' programme. It is not caused by the diet itself, but by the increased throughput of fluid in the body's tissues. The muscle spasms result from changes in sodium levels as the water shifts between cells. Keep warm and try a drink of slimline tonic water just before bedtime. The quinine content may offer relief as may 'Crampex' tablets.

Is slimline tonic ok to have then? I'd prefer that to taking pills!

oh thought we were allowed slimline tonic im sure i can feel some cramps coming on now lol only joking

I suffered from this, but I cannot drink the tonic water it just makes me want to hurl!

thanks Linda and thanks again for all your help and support it means alot

A few pople are prone to cramp while using the 'Sole Source' programme. It is not caused by the diet itself, but by the increased throughput of fluid in the body's tissues. The muscle spasms result from changes in sodium levels as the water shifts between cells. Keep warm and try a drink of slimline tonic water just before bedtime. The quinine content may offer relief as may 'Crampex' tablets.

Thanks for the explanation Linda, much appreciated. I wasnt too worried about the leg cramps as they passed after a few days but all the same, its good to know what causes it. Thanks again.

Back