Leg of pork

lucysmommy

Gold Member
Hii have just discovered one these in my freezer :)

It has the fat rind over the pork - normally slimming world you can cook it with the fat on but I want to remove it before cooking

Does anyone know if this will affect the way it tastes or will it dry out ? X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Mmm I think I would be inclined to cook it with the fat on, then remove and dry with kitchen towel. I think it may well dry out unless you cook it with some sort of sauce. Leg of pork would be too expensive to risk a dry meal and not enjoying it. I will be round later, fork in hand

I would be inclined to remove the fat and then wrap it for most of the cooking time in tin foil with a couple of tablespoons of water over it to keep it from drying out. Take it out about 20 minutes or so before the end of the cooking time and uncover it to brown the outside.

Thanks for the advice I want to remove purely because I love crackling and I know I could resist it but I really dont want the temptation :-( lol

Will think of something to do with the fat off it x

I think I'd take the fat off too then roast it slow'n'low (haha) on a veggy bed (or trivet if your posh) of onion carrots swede chunks etc with some garlic segments chucked in and a big old glug of water. Seal tightly with the foil and do not peek or poke for at least the first three hrs :)

Thanks

I have taken off the fat and I plan to cook with veggies and chopped tomatoes :) with garlic and herbs x

Back