Lemon Merginue Muffins

lydia150970

Gold Member
Doesn't anyone have the recipe for the lemon merigue muffins please/ I've stupidly thrown the mag out without pulling that recipe and someone made them for last nights taster session in class - seriously scrummy - need to make them. Thank you in advance.

Any idea what magazine its from? Il have a look if I have it.

Its the latest magazaine, thank you x

Ah thank you hun, so very much appreicated x

Lemony meringue cupcakes
makes 12, 5 syns each

-115g low fat spread suitable for baking, softened
- 8 tbsp splenda
- 170g self raising flour
- 4 medium eggs, plus 2 large egg whites
- finely grated zest of unwaxed lemon
- few drops of lemon extract
- 60g caster sugar
- 1 level tsp of icing sugar to decorate

1. Preheat oven to 190oC/ fan 170oC. Line a 12 cup bun tin with paper cupcake cases
2. Put the spread, splenda, flour, whole eggs, lemon zest and extract into a bowl and beat until smooth. Divide mixture between the cases and bake for 20-25 mins or until risen. Place on wire rack to cool.
3. Put egg whites in clean bowl and beat on medium speed until they form stiff peaks. Turn the speed to high and add caster sugar a spoonful at a time, beating for a few seconds between each addition. When all the sugar has been added, whisk until stiff and glossy.
4. Spoon or pipe the meringue over the cooled cupcakes. Using a cook's blowtorch, carefully heat the meringue until golden brown. Alternatively transfer the cupcakes to a baking tray and place under a hot grill for a few seconds until lightly golden. Dust over icing sugar and serve.

:) Let me know how yours turn out! I want to make these but don't think I'd stop at 1! Plus I don't have a blowtorch and my grill is crap so don't think it would work right!

Thank you so much you're an angel!! I will make them at the weeknd, my mum is being baptised Sunday and I need to make some muffins for the buffet afterwards, thought I would make blueberry for the non dieters and these for the rest of us, so will report back then.

Thanks again.

Back