Puddings LEMON SPONGE FINGERS (3 = 1 SYN)

Kwise1

 THE WISE ONE 
INGREDIENTS (makes about 27-30 and only 9 SYNS total ) :)

SPONGE FINGERS
2 Eggs
1.5 Tblsp Splenda
Grated rind of 1 lemon
50g Plain Flour, sifted

TOPPING
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tblsp sweetener or more to taste
Quark
A few drops of orange essence

PREHEAT OVEN TO 160 fan/ 190 C/ 375F / GM5
Line 2 trays with baking paper

In a kitchen mixer , whisk the eggs , lemon rind and splenda for 10 minutes on full speed. The mixture should become mousse-like

Fold in the flour carefully, making sure it is well stirred in.

Pour into an icing syringe or piping bag with a star end nozzle. Pipe finger length amounts onto the trays. This should make between 27 and 30 fingers.

Cook for 6-8 minutes until golden brown . Cool.

Meanwhile mix the lemon juice within the sweetener and microwave for 30 seconds. Slowly add the quark until a thick consistency is reached. Add orange essence and sweetener to taste.

Pipe on top of fingers.

Only 9 SYNS for the whole lot!!

Experiment by omitting lemon and using cinnamon or mixed spice (1tsp) or vanilla essence. If chocolate required - work out additional SYNS.

Enjoy

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Attachments

• image-3758654845.jpg
    image-3758654845.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 1,019
OMG they look well nice. yet another fab recipe hun x

Could you do this without a kitchen mixer do you think or would your arm fall off from wisking it by hand or with an electric mixer?!

Lilyb said:
Could you do this without a kitchen mixer do you think or would your arm fall off from wisking it by hand?!

Lol - probably

Can you invest in an electric handwhisk? Its definitely worth it especially if you like baking. ;)

Kx

Yep, I think I'm going to be buying one tomorrow!! I'm really missing my sweet things and need to find some things that will hit the spot as things like the 1/2 roulade just aren't doing it for me!

I use my electric handwhisk (I have a Kenwood one) and also my Kenwood Chef which I love as I have always enjoyed baking ;)

Kx

I'm going to making these for taster evening! xx

These look brill - think I'm gonna make them for the taster session too. Thanks for the recipe.

auntynet said:
These look brill - think I'm gonna make them for the taster session too. Thanks for the recipe.

They only last a day, so don't make in advance ;)

Kx

They only last a day, so don't make in advance ;)

Kx

My WI is on fri mornings so would they be ok if I make them thurs night and add the topping on fri morning?

auntynet said:
My WI is on fri mornings so would they be ok if I make them thurs night and add the topping on fri morning?

You could try it- when I made mine, they just disappeared into everyone's tummy!!

That's the only problem with fat free cakes/biscuits, they don't last long- some more than others .

Kx

Made them today, the frosting top was lovely but think I need to add more sugar to the base mix, needed to b a bit sweeter

OMG!!! I can bake again!!!!!??????

Stazo said:
Made them today, the frosting top was lovely but think I need to add more sugar to the base mix, needed to b a bit sweeter

Glad u liked them!! My tooth is less sweet I guess- lol- did you use splenda??

Kx

Stazo said:
Well the tesco'a version of it yes. :)

That might be why it is less sweet?

Kx

K Dee said:
Lovely, thanks very much.

Hi K Dee,
Wondered where you had gone ;)

Kx