Lent Challenge. What are people giving up?

Still no wine. I do miss it but it's under control. Might be tricky tonight, going to a candle party where apparently they'll be serving wine. I'm driving anyway though so at least it's not totally irresistable.

Still no bread. I am very proud. Been so close to cracking when OH is having toast on jam and sandwiches etc and I imagine myself eating it lol then I think no, you can do this!lol x

A week in Thursday! Woop woop!!

Still no facebook....but im starting to really miss it now!! Got an email saying someone had added a photo of me, and im dying to see it, lol x x

I also gave up Facebook for Lent and still going strong. I'm a bit dissapointed that more people haven't asked where i've dissapeared to!:eek: Lol.
I didn't really miss it until about last weekend either.
Well done everyone still going, not long left now. x

Well, I was really looking forward to having some bread on 5th April for the end of lent, but just found out today I am finally getting my tonsils taken out that day!

The 8th? I thought it was Thu the 5th lol not that it matters to me now I suppose x

XxKirstxX said:
The 8th? I thought it was Thu the 5th lol not that it matters to me now I suppose x
Lent ends on Easter Sunday, which is the 8th, I think originally there was a mix up with the challenge dates, but it was corrected week ago :)

I've just updated my miles spreadsheet, and I've done 192.5 - so only 7.5 to go. I'll do that long before Easter Sunday. Before the end of this Friday, I reckon.
So I should make it to at least 230, and thinking of possibly aiming for 250. That should be manageable, shouldn't it?

Also still no tea, although I had to have a small portion of pear & chocolate trifle when I went to a friend's for lunch on Sunday. We'd just had a conversation about how upset she was when she produced a chicken dinner and only then discovered that a guest was a vegetarian and refused to eat it - so I felt I really couldn't say that I wouldn't eat her pudding!
Eating it seemed to be the lesser of two evils.
So £5 will have to go in a charity pot!

Still no wine! I do miss it but only 11 days to go!!!

I also gave up Facebook for Lent and still going strong. I'm a bit dissapointed that more people haven't asked where i've dissapeared to!:eek: Lol.
I didn't really miss it until about last weekend either.
Well done everyone still going, not long left now. x

Yeah, i thought it strange too that no1 really realised that iv been gone from it for ages now, lol. Not long to go now tho :) eeeek x x

Still no takeaways but I'm looking forward to one next week.

Signed up to do overtime on Easter Sunday at work, I finish at 6 so my plan is to grab a bottle of pinot grigio when I finish and get home and have a glass. :) Doing the overtime beforehand will make it all the sweeter. (Or drier, in this case.)

Back