Lent is approaching - who's giving something up?

jaylou

Gold Member
I always give something up for Lent, usually chocolate or cheese but these year I'm going for it. I'm giving up....
Chocolate
Sweets
Biscuits
Cake
Puddings
Eeeeeek!!! It's going to be a struggle! :D

So, anyone else planning on giving something up for Lent?

Ok since you started this I will join in.

Chocolate
Crisps/snacks
Red wine

I don't eat biscuits as normal or have puddings only yogurt so need to keep the yogurts lol.

Wow thats a lot to give up! I dont know about this year yet. Maybe chocolate but that will be really hard! Maybe crisps. Hmm I dont know! Maybe I will give up fruit and veg ;) lol x

I'm giving it all up because over the years I've found myself substituting the given up item for something else! So instead of choc I just eat more biscuits!!
It will be a challenge, but worth it I'm sure.

I think ive given up enough on SW diet so Nothing!!! x

I always give up chocolate for Lent - and 99% of the time I'm ok!!

BUT I might take something up for Lent as well. Thinking of making sure I have my 5 a day every day.

Last edited:
When does lent start? i think im going to give up buying anything from the bakery at work (donuts, iced buns, pan au chocolate etc) and dare i say chocolate? Damn that will be tough

Right I am giving up crisps and chocolate, these are my boredom foods, I always reach for them when I'm bored. So for lent I am giving up Crisps and Chocolate and taking up exercise when I'm bored :) xx

If I give up red wine, can I still have white? :p

Instead of giving up something I am going to stay on the plan 100% which will make me more discipined in my eating.

Giving up something for Lent?

Now, I am not really religious but I like the idea of giving something up as it keeps me focused.
I wondered if any of you are thinking of giving anything up.

Mine is usually chocolate but for the first time I am so focused on Slimming World that I don't really feel a need.

I'm going to give up unplanned meals out-this is a way of preventing losing control.

The other (more of a mental one) is stop obsessing about my ex boyfriend. (Long story!) x

Gemma_C said:
Now, I am not really religious but I like the idea of giving something up as it keeps me focused.
I wondered if any of you are thinking of giving anything up.

Mine is usually chocolate but for the first time I am so focused on Slimming World that I don't really feel a need.

I'm going to give up unplanned meals out-this is a way of preventing losing control.

The other (more of a mental one) is stop obsessing about my ex boyfriend. (Long story!) x

I'll join you on the ex boyfriend one :p

Feel I should give up certain tv programes or something :p will try to think of a food/drink! x

I've already pretty much given up bread and cheese as part of SW so don't think I could cope giving up anything else!!

I've already pretty much given up bread and cheese as part of SW so don't think I could cope giving up anything else!!

same here i can only keep low fat grated cheese in if there was a block of chedder in the fridge i would eat it all mmm

Back