Lent is approaching - who's giving something up?

Yup! Still here!!

Made it to 1 year and 6 months last Wednesday and was really proud of myself.... then I got to thinking... how did I let myself get to such a size that I was STILL HERE all this time later (and still not at target?!!?)

Oh well!! By the way, do you know where CharlotteGrace got to?? Really missing her motivational picture of Aidan Turner!!!

Yup! Still here!!

Made it to 1 year and 6 months last Wednesday and was really proud of myself.... then I got to thinking... how did I let myself get to such a size that I was STILL HERE all this time later (and still not at target?!!?)

Oh well!! By the way, do you know where CharlotteGrace got to?? Really missing her motivational picture of Aidan Turner!!!

The ONLY thing that matters is that you're still here!! That says so much more than those who embark on it, spend lots of time here celebrating their massive losses, then fall by the wayside because they didn't keep it up!XXX

I'm going for the 100% approach as I am DETERMINED to get to target pretty soon! I will have one or 2 days off for my Birthday at the end of March though but will still exercise damage limitation and syn everything!X

What are you giving up for Lent... if anything?!

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone will be giving anything up for Lent, as an effort to speed up losses?

After a very sociable first 2 months of 2011 that involved myself and a few friends turning 30 and about 20 associated nights out, I've finally got a couple of weekends to myself, so to coincide with Lent I am going to knock the booze on the head for a few weeks at least (I can't fully commit to 46 days due to another 30th on 1st April lol, but will give it a shot).

Anyone want to join me on the wagon, or anyone giving up anything else?!?! I know you don't actually have to give anything up on SW but in the spirit of shaking things up and making the next few weeks more interesting...!

MB xxx

Yep - 100%. No excuses. 100%.

I was thinking of giving up fizzy drinks or bread.I drink a lot of fizzy drinks and it can't be that good for me. With bread even though I have nimble or weight watchers danish I end up using my HEB on them as well as some syns and it would be nice to try some more cereals or cereal bars. I would also like to do more extra easy days as at the moment I stay away from them often as I like having 2 HEB.

Wine... bye bye wine!

I was thinking of giving up chocolate but am now thinking about joining you with knocking the booze on the head ..... hhhhmmmm ..... will check my diary and see if I have any big social events during lent! x

I'll join in! In going to give up alcohol in general although I don't drink loads anyway! But if wine is on the menu i normally go over my syns!

I am giving up chocolate and cakes and I am going to try my very best to do 100% SW. I have been off the wagon since Christmas, so I am starting again tomorrow.

I'm giving up takeaway's normally have one every Saturday so should really help with my weight lost.......also I'm giving up Facebook I can't go on my phone without clicking onto it these days

So here it going starting tomorrow NO Takeaways No Facebook

Wish me luck!!!

Had to give that up already! 25.5 syns a bottle :(

No wonder I put on 1.5 lb last week. Sainsburys had an offer on Pinot Grigio, my fav. Opened bottle, had a glass, had another, shame to leave the rest! 25.5 syns later!! oops! Stick to gin & slimline from now on!!

Hey
Thats always a problem every lent:))
My Friend said to me last year why instead of giving up ( cookies ) you do something extra! Could be for you or for others?
x

I'm giving up Facebook! I had my mum change my password then deactivate it. I spend far too much time moaning on their about having no life instead of getting a life!

Great idea this thread just trying to decide what to give up think alcohol is the best bet for the simple reason is once I have a drink my willpower jumps out of the window lol. Good luck everyone

Giving up for lent??

Hi all. I just wondered if anybody gives up something for lent?
I've never done this before but im interested how many people do and what they give up x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yeah I can give up tripe as promised...hard I know but I will do my best lol

xxxxxx

Back