Lent

Delli

Talks too much
well peeps, lent is starting on wednesday. hope im not annoying anyone by mentioning it, as it is a religious topic. but was just wondering if anyone had any plans about what they intended to do or not do over Lent? As im Catholic (but an incredibly bad one) i had thought that i would attend Mass every Sunday over Lent, but i would only be doing it to keep my mum happy, but maybe thats not such a bad thing? Im also going to refrain from any chinese food or KFC food over Lent, my two main weaknesses! although i havent had a chinese since at least 2 weeks before christmas, have started to go off them a bit. sorry im waffling a bit here.....:rolleyes:

For the last few years I've given up chocolate for Lent and more recently crisps too.
The first year I did it I carried a big bar of Dairy Milk with me for the whole time!

thats brill fiona!! i was considering going off alcohol but have a few big weekends planned during lent (in particular the Minis Belfast meet, and then St Paddys day as well!) so dont think this is goin to work for me!!

That's not such a good one then. I don't drink so there's not much point me saying that!
I can't really think of anything else I could give up!

would u think of taking something on, rather than giving something up? like taking on 2 exercise classes a week?

I already do 5 classes a week and just about to add running to that as well to train for the London 10k in July!
I'll have to get my thinking cap on!
I suppose I could aim to keep my house tidy and de-clutter a little bit every day?!
That would be a BIG challenge! :eek:

I won't! It's something I've really got to do though, you know, out with the old blah blah blah! Time to move on me thinks and now (or in a few days anyway!) is as good a time as any!
I'm 30 at Easter so the perfect way to say goodbye to my twenties!

Back