• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

lentil dahl?

Lindam

Silver Member
Hi
this is how I make it - although I have heard you can buy a tinned version!

dry fry onion, garlic, green chillie until soft add grated ginger and tinned toms - medium curry powder and garam masala. meanwhile cook split red lentils with added turmeric. when lentils cooked mix both together. I just tend to chuck everything in so no measurements - sorry! Always tastes better the day after!

mod-karen79

rainbows holiday buddy :)
where do you get tinned lentil dahl from?

i buy tinned chickpea dahl from asda, but i've never seen lentil dahl - I WANT SOME! lol

...if only naan breads were free! *sigh* ...i once counted half a naan bread as a healthy extra b choice lol - still lost weight, so i did something right!

Lindam

Silver Member
Karen
what do you do with the spinach?? I have ordered some with my shopping but have no idea what to do with it!

Thanks

Elz

Going to go and buy some of both. I went to Tesco to find some but gave up lookin and the staff didn't know either! Asda might be better... Do you have it with curry?

ooooh thanks for that recipe lin, that sounds delicious will definitely try it out soon!

also thanks for the tip about the canned version, might try that too.. although not a huge fan of tinned things but will defo give it a try! how many syns is it does anyone know?

mod-karen79

rainbows holiday buddy :)
Karen
what do you do with the spinach?? I have ordered some with my shopping but have no idea what to do with it!

Thanks
just add the spinach to the lentil dahl - can cook it beforehand or throw it in to the curry as it will wilt either way.

my local indian does it - it's called sag samba and it's flippin' gorgeous!