Extra Easy lentil soup - free or HEb?

kizzib

Hi I've just joined SW and I'm a bit confused. I'm trying to do EE. My consultant said lentil soup was free on EE but the food diary online has it down as a HEb and I've already used my HEb for today.

If it's a HEb, what am I going to have for lunch? I always have either lentil soup or a sandwich...argh!

As far as i know homemade lentil soup would be free, but canned stuff would have to be synned or a heb. Hope that is right,i'm sure someone else will confirm shortly.
I also have lentil soup at lunch on EE and count it as free, so hope i am right!

Yes, that is right..homemade is free, but there are tins that would either have to be synned, or used as a HeB.
If you have the magazine this month, I can recommend the SW scotch broth on EE day....absolutely delicious and free!

I get it from a bakers shop (not greggs) and they advertise it as 'homemade' so I guess it would be free then!

ooooh scotch broth! I've bought the mag but haven't read it, will definitely look into that!

Thanks x

Last edited:
Unfortunately you can't assume that it is syn free without knowing how they make it. It's possible that they will use butter to fry the onions in or add milk/cream at the end, both of which would add to the syn value. So If you want to have this I suggest you have a word with them just to make sure. But if I were you I really would start making your own lunch to bring with you as you'll know for sure what syns you're eating and you'll save money as well! You'll get a huge pot of lentil soup for what you'll pay for serving in a shop. And you should really think about introducing a variety of foods rather than have the same every day, as this is the number one thing that successful slimmers do.

Good luck!

thanks for the advice. I do plan to have more variety, I've got a tesco delivery coming tonight so that will help with meal planning :)

Back