Les Mills appreciation thread

just dont try aerobics now, you'll find it easy and boring!

yep, definatly addictive. i do attack 4 times a week now, dosent get any easier but something about it keeps me coming back!

ooh not long until the unleashed event, exited to try the new programmes! :D its going to be quite tiring that day, 6 classes in one day is alot. looking foward to jam, combat, pump and attack the most! apparenty theres some RPM on too... *exited*

Oooft!! I couldn't handle that!!
I've decided to do 3 combat, 2 pump and 2 attack a week for now.
Did attack for the first time on Sat.
Pulled a calf muscle in the running part but otherwise really enjoyed it.
Combat is still my favourite though! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I hate when that happens!!
The instructor I have on a Monday is amazing!! She does loads of different tracks from the previous releases and my HRM always says I've burned far more cals after her session. I feel like I have too.
She's fab! :)

You guys! My motivation is gone :( I need Les Mills in my life again

I went to Combat yesterday and hardly broke a sweat - the instructor is away and his replacement was rubbish :(

:( hate when they do that.

last time the regular combat instructor was away it was replaced with aerobics -_- supposed to be high impact too, needless to say half the class walked out. was rubbish. it would of been ok if you were just starting out but it certanly wasnt high impact.
once it was replaced with attack though, and a good instructor too. so that was pretty good!

when the instructor are that bad you just think why are les mills handing out these qualifications to such bad instructors? cant they see how terrible they are? im lucky to have good instructors that have been doing it for years, but ive seen a fair few dodgy ones.

Yeah, I agree! And in the changing room, she was going on about how easy it had been to qualify (she only qualified about 2 weeks ago). I remember thinking of you, gina, because I bet if you had the opportunity to learn to teach Les Mills classes, you'd be brilliant! Xxx

i know some instructors, the price is quite high, the price of cd's and dvd's is very high now as they are being shipped from aus! so expensive.... one of the instructors dan was going to go and teach body step, but hes gone to do freelance step instead, and he'd be getting paid more for it.

im acheing very badly today, arms and shoulders are so sore from last nights attack and combat. think its the combat that did it, that final track.... ouch. im acheing that bad im actually having a rest day!

Oh wow, of you're having a rest day, you must be sore!

I'm deliberating whether I should go to attack tomorrow. Normally there would be no question, but my car is in the garage, so I'd have to cycle 7 hilly miles before class, and then again after...

Gina, just wondering, what sort of work do you do? Are you in fitness? You so should/could be if not!

Xxx

PS: hope the achiness improves - just remember, no pain no gain, lol :D

i have the most boring job ever, i service books for a living. sit at a desk for 7 1/2 hours, putting covers on books. its not the best job, but its bearable if i think of pay day. been there for 4 years in november!

ah yes, no pain no gain. very true! i know i worked hard if i ache. id say this ache is that first class of body attack, body combat and body pump all rolled into one. body pump ache left me feeling like id been hit by a bus first time too! :p

I was ok after my first pump class the other day, a bit sore, but otherwise ok and I was surprised! I only lifted 3k and 5 k for the back track on the instructors advice though, so maybe I could have gone heavier?
I'm doing combat and pump back to back tomorrow, eek! :)

i use 15 on my back track, the first sets are alright, the last one is a struggle!

I'm puny!!
I really struggled with the chest track today, my arms were shaking and I had to stop halfway through. My legs are strong though and my biceps, so the rest was hard, but I managed it.
I burned nearly 1500 cals over the 2 hrs too so yay!! :) :) :)

your not puny :)

thats not a word i would use in connection to pump at all! theres no puny people who do pump :D

my weakest is the lunges, i dont even use a bar for those. id say the strongest is squats or the chest track. the current one is so hard though, but love the song. on the chest track im lying there singing along :p it gets me through it, and takes my mind off my arms feeling like they are going to fall off!

i want to make my bicep weight heavier, its currently 7kg, ill struggle at 10kg though. worth trying it out :)

i look puny aswell, no one expects me to use the weights i do. a few weeks ago there was loads of newbies in the class, and all in the corner i was. caught a few glances at the weights i had stacked up. theres some there that really pack on the weight, seen one guy do 30kg on squats, lunges, and chest, i feel all weak and little compared to it!

Last edited:
My squat weight was 6 and a half, my bicep was 4 and my lunge one was five, but the chest I couldn't lift the 4 I put on, it was soooo painful!
I have to remember it's only the second time I've done it though.
I really enjoy it though and plan to do it twice a week along with my four cardio, mainly combat, which I LOVE! :)
You sound super strong to me! How long til I see a difference in my body shape doing pump?
I'm at my maintenance weight and just want to get as fit as possible and look toned. I stopped smoking 10 weeks ago too so can really say I'm the fittest I've ever been. :)

Back