Les Mills appreciation thread

ouch, i know that feeling. missed a week of any exercise on a holiday with my ex last year and it was so hard getting back to exercising. we was doing loads of walking around but not the same

I managed to up a couple of my weights tonight, boy will i hurt tomorrow. managed....

Warm up 3.5
Squats 8.5
Chest 5
Back 5
Tricep 5
Biceps 4.5
Lunges 6

do your arms shake too.... mine always do it during that tricep track. i have been assured by the instructor it dosnrt mean im doing it wrong, and he sugegsted lowering the weights. but any lower on triceps and i can do it, no effort, no upper arm burn... nothing. its all feeling easy with a lower weight :S still keeping my normal tricep weight.

also, do you all use a plate doing the ab track? the instructor tells us to use a plate for the latest one! got 4 pump instructors, three of them use a plate for abs, and one dosent mention it at all to the class.

My arms shake on chest and triceps and shoulders lol.

Yeah we use a plate on the abs too. I'm loving pump as I can see my weights increasing over the six weeks so I must b

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins

glad its not just me then! i get the leg shakes during lunges too. thats the one that hurts the most though, ouch.

ive seen a better improvement from pump than attack or combat. my weight has gone up but i dont have the overhang on the hips now. attack and combat didnt do anything to get rid of that bit! used to have slight bingo wings, but again pump has got rid of that completely

Yeah I really struggle in Lunges as my calves tighten up and kill sometimes I even stop for a few counts which I hate as I get frustrated lol. My legs shake on squats too. I've got lots of flab but its slowly.decreasing. I am feeling stronger from doing pump.

Do you do the regular tricep track or the alternative. One of my instructors does the alternative and I think I prefer it , tbh I like it all lol

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins

we havent done the alternative! i do like the regular but would be interesting to try the alternative for a change.

did pump this afternoon, my legs huuuurt :( well aching. dont think your supposed to your squat weight on lunges lol. i was happy it was over, the squats in between are supposed to be a little rest for your legs but the weight i use is no break for them, if had voices theyd be crying and shouting.

Last edited:
ive seen a better improvement from pump than attack or combat. my weight has gone up but i dont have the overhang on the hips now. attack and combat didnt do anything to get rid of that bit! used to have slight bingo wings, but again pump has got rid of that completely

Hi there, I'm interested to hear that. I have just started doing attack, but I'm not really enjoying it that much. I might just go back to doing pump to bust the bingo wings!

i like a mix of both cardio and strengh workouts, i do love pump more though. id do it everyday if i could and if my body could cope with it! id prefer to not do pump two days in a row too, if the monday pump was earlier id do that one (its on at 9pm) same with tuesdays (9pm) both a bit late really.

with doing pump, ive gotten stronger during attack and combat, esp attack. struggled with the plyo lunges before but i can do them better now.
done attack today, but the prevoous class didnt tuen on the air con so the floor was like ice. no high impact in the last half, first half was a struggle and alot had their feet slipping around. the instructor still kept going though, just with lower options instead.

Last edited:
I had a chat with the instructor after pump class this morning. I'm going to do both pump and attack. I also do balance as well which I love. Found pump a bit difficult this morning, first time in ages, but I think I got the weights right.

No problem in my gym with the temperature...well apart from it being too cold for me lol.

i go by that for weight selections, if ts easy and i can do another set no problem the weight is too low, if im struggling to do the final set then i know its right for me :)

i need to up my chest weight, its the same as my tricep weight! i also cant feel it in my chest either, all arms.

I love the Les Mills classes, and I'm not usually a gym class go-er.

I was actually planning on doing the Les Mills Body combat certification so I could start teaching it but sadly I hurt my back while training!! I guess I have to wait till I get better!! Hopefully soon!

I love the Les Mills classes, and I'm not usually a gym class go-er.

I was actually planning on doing the Les Mills Body combat certification so I could start teaching it but sadly I hurt my back while training!! I guess I have to wait till I get better!! Hopefully soon!

combats a brill class!

I always try and chance it with Combat as it's often fully booked! 9 times out of 10 I get on. Guys, my favourite Combat instructor is now taking a Pump class on Saturdays but being a beginner to Pump i'm nervous. Will it actually help me lose weight or is it just for creating definition in muscles/strengthening joints etc. My main reason for exercising is to burn as many calories as possible to shift the fat/lbs but I'm worried I just won't see the benefits from Pump!!

I started doing pump about 2 months ago after doing attack and combat for a year and I have to say it's done more to change my shape in that short space of time than either of them. Pump builds muscle and tone,and more muscle means a faster metabolism. It will give you shape and tone that fat burners like attack and combat don't on their own.I now do three cardio and two pump classes a week, which is the perfect balance for me. Try it! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

clairethehat said:
I started doing pump about 2 months ago after doing attack and combat for a year and I have to say it's done more to change my shape in that short space of time than either of them. Pump builds muscle and tone,and more muscle means a faster metabolism. It will give you shape and tone that fat burners like attack and combat don't on their own.I now do three cardio and two pump classes a week, which is the perfect balance for me. Try it! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yeah, what she said! :)

I always try and chance it with Combat as it's often fully booked! 9 times out of 10 I get on. Guys, my favourite Combat instructor is now taking a Pump class on Saturdays but being a beginner to Pump i'm nervous. Will it actually help me lose weight or is it just for creating definition in muscles/strengthening joints etc. My main reason for exercising is to burn as many calories as possible to shift the fat/lbs but I'm worried I just won't see the benefits from Pump!!

the benefits are amazing from pump, its not for everyone i admit, but i personally love it.
even if you go along just to try it and dont like it, you can at least say youve given it a go :)

ive benefited more from pump than any cardio classes, it built strengh and im more toned than any cardio class can do for me. i just wish i could do pump more than three times a week, ideally id like to do 4 a week

Back