Les Mills appreciation thread

Omg, managed to forget to take my back weight off the bar for triceps, luckily my back weight is quite low as I have a serious past back injury and is only 14kg and my triceps are normaly 12kg but boy did my arms shake and shake during the track, now I know I can manage it I will try and keep it, also going to try and up my back weight to 15 to match my chest weight, ouch ouch ouch I live pump

ouch..... thats gotta hurt!

just thinking, warm up weight is supposed to the lowest, as is biceps.... i have my warm up weight lower than biceps

one good thing about this running, it seems to have made an improvement in what i can lift in pump. big difference in upper body since i started training, and not feeling as tough on my legs now. finally getting the upper body strengh i need to build up my leg weights!!! i can take more weight on than my squat weight, i cant lift more than 25kg over head though :(

Debbi8489 said:
God you guys are lifting way more than me lol. I'm really pleased that I'm now lifting 7kg for the chest track. My shoulders/biceps/triceps are all fairly low. I just cant up them from 5kg. I struggle with 5kg as it is :(

Pump class at 11.15. I might stay on for Balance today. I must make a note of my measurements too. I've been meaning to do it for ages.

Don't worry, it comes with time! So long as you keep pushing yourself and do the best you can, you'll get the benefits!

one good thing about this running, it seems to have made an improvement in what i can lift in pump. big difference in upper body since i started training, and not feeling as tough on my legs now. finally getting the upper body strengh i need to build up my leg weights!!!

Do you mean since you started running, Gina? I'm puzzled. How does running help you improve your upper body strength? I'm so ignorant!!! lol

Don't worry, it comes with time! So long as you keep pushing yourself and do the best you can, you'll get the benefits!

It wasnt the usual instructor yesterday. She did a really difficult chest track...argh, very nippy. Biceps was a nightmare too, but everyone thought that, not just me who loathes every bicep track anyway heh heh.

I didnt stay for Balance yesterday. I just feel that the double class takes up too much off the day when the first class doesnt start til 11.15. For some bizarre reason, the next class doesnt start til 12.30. Its the only time in the week that there is a 15 minute break in between classes.

yeah since running. it hasnt made a huge difference but i do use my arms on the running... even the instreuctor at the gm said running can help the upper body a little. more lower though obviously.

ooh i love the bicep tracks! my fave so far is "what ive done". tough one that.

body attack and combat with foot blisters is not pleasent.... :sigh: running is giving me blisters! hopefully my soothing foot cream will get rid of the pain by tommorow. not gonna miss body pump! :D

Running gave me blisters on the balls of my feet, I brought some expensive socks from the local run shop and I haven't had a problem since

i was reccomended running socks, or just use two pairs or regular socks. my own fault really, i was rushint to get to work so i shoved anything on. old trainers and old socks.... not my running trainers and two pairs of socks. they dont feel bad now they have burst! (the blisters i mean, not my trainers)

two pairs of socks works good i noticed. only got blisters twice out of 4 weeks of running. only time i didnt wear two pairs socks/correct shoes was those times! lesson learned.... get my stuff ready the night before!

I want to give Pump a proper try, but everyone always knows what they are doing, I hate looking like a noob.

Also am tempted to try Combat for a change. Do you partner up during the class?

JemmaBe said:
I want to give Pump a proper try, but everyone always knows what they are doing, I hate looking like a noob.

Also am tempted to try Combat for a change. Do you partner up during the class?

Awww don't worry! It's actually the easiest class to learn because it's not choreographed. Just tell the instructor you're new and they'll help you out :) x

Pump is great you wont look like a nooby for long and I'm sure ther'll be other noobys too. Combat is just punching n kicking the air with other bits n pieces thrown in its not like a boxing class so don't worry about needing a partner :)

And in other news.... I upped my bicepts weight to 7kg woop :) god I hurt!!!!

pump is probably the easiest one, its really good! we all looked like noobs at one point, we all started out not knowing it too :) just stick to low weights to begin with until you have the technique...
my first pump class i was nervous, i had these little 1kg weights on my bar while others had bigger weights, soon built up though. the day after it i was acheing very badly, but dont let the after ache put you off it! it does fade... honest!

Haha its fades until the next class :) i think there isnt a day that goes by that I dont ache, but at least it isnt like the I cnt walk ache like it is at the begining lol :)

ive only had that "cannot walk" ache after my first class, two in one day, ouch. did one in the morning, and used the littlest weights (1 each side). didnt feel anything, so the afternoon class i upped it a little to a 2.5 each side, adding a an extra 2 to it on squats.. the next day i couldnt walk, worst ache ever.

Went to my first Combat class on Sunday... LOVED it. So looking forward to going again tonight. My arms hurt so much!

I'm off to my first one tonight too! Going with a friend so I can't cancel it! Have booked on and cancelled so many times, looking forward to actually going for it tonight!

Combat is ace!!! And our instructor is rather easy on the eye, which is always nice ;)

Glad you enjoyed it! I agree about good looking instructors. The one and only body pump class I accidently went to at 6:45am (I thought it was circuits) had an amazing looking instructor, worked so hard so I didn't look lazy infront of him haha.

Combat was okay last night but not great. Instead of using the current release, or an old release, she just made up her own tracklisting from combinations of releases. Meant it didn't flow properly, and she kept stopping to change the CD :mad:

Back