Let's Do This Thing!!

Hello Everyone! :D

Like so many of you on here, I want to do this diary for myself - but know that the love and support I will get (and give others) will help to focus my mind when things get tough!

A little background. I have four children, 20, 11, 9 and 3. I have Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (M.E.).

I was always one of those girls who could eat what I wanted and never put an ounce of weight on - even after I had my eldest child. However, with each child this became less and less true and so I yo-yo crash-dieted for about 5 years, until I developed the M.E. That changed everything.... I fell pregnant shortly after my diagnosis and packed the weight on. Here I am three years later - three stones heavier than my 'healthy' weight, but four stones heavier than I feel happiest at.

So here I am trying to get my weight (and my life!!) back on track. I had a 3.5lbs loss last week, my first week and here I am halfway through my second week. Having a bit of a wobble at the moment - worrying that this diet wont work for me long term because I never feel hungry and can still have crisps (French Fries) and chocolate (Curly Wurly) every day if I want to.....anyone else have these worries?!

Here's my weeks diary so far - I'm following the EE plan:

Mon

Brekkie - Mullerlite yoghurt with banana
Snack - hi fi bar (healthy extra)
Lunch - tomato and courgette soup
Snack - Orange
Supper - BBQ chicken with peppers and green veg
Snack - French Fries (4 syns) and Curly Wurly (6 syns)
350mls Skimmed milk for drinks (healthy extra)

Tue

Brekkie - Marmite on 2 x toast (healthy extra) - cherries
Lunch - Chicken and Mushroom Pasta in Sauce - side salad
Snack - banana
Supper - Curried mince hot pot with free veg - Mullerlite yoghurt
Snack - 2 Pink and Whites (2.5 syns each = 5 syns)
350 mls Skimmed milk for drinks and pasta in sauce! (healthy extra)

Wed

Brekkie - Baked beans on 2 x toast (healthy extra) - banana
Snack - cherries
Lunch - Cauliflower and horseradish soup
Snack - Options hot chocolate drink (2 syns)
Supper - Beef chilli and rice - side salad - pineapple

Thu

Brekkie - 42g All Bran (healthy extra) with Mullerlite yoghurt and
banana
Lunch - Savoury Rice with salad
Supper - Vegetable and rice soup - pineapple
350mls Skimmed milk for drinks

All of the suppers and lunches are SW recipes :).

Here's the thing that I'm losing sleep over....HOW CAN I CONTINUE TO LOSE WEIGHT IF I NEVER FEEL HUNGRY AND CAN STILL HAVE MY LITTLE TREATS OF AN EVENING????? Does this really work then guys??!! :confused: :D :confused: :D

Cornish Angel said:
Hello Everyone! :D

Like so many of you on here, I want to do this diary for myself - but know that the love and support I will get (and give others) will help to focus my mind when things get tough!

A little background. I have four children, 20, 11, 9 and 3. I have Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (M.E.).

I was always one of those girls who could eat what I wanted and never put an ounce of weight on - even after I had my eldest child. However, with each child this became less and less true and so I yo-yo crash-dieted for about 5 years, until I developed the M.E. That changed everything.... I fell pregnant shortly after my diagnosis and packed the weight on. Here I am three years later - three stones heavier than my 'healthy' weight, but four stones heavier than I feel happiest at.

So here I am trying to get my weight (and my life!!) back on track. I had a 3.5lbs loss last week, my first week and here I am halfway through my second week. Having a bit of a wobble at the moment - worrying that this diet wont work for me long term because I never feel hungry and can still have crisps (French Fries) and chocolate (Curly Wurly) every day if I want to.....anyone else have these worries?!

Here's my weeks diary so far - I'm following the EE plan:

Mon

Brekkie - Mullerlite yoghurt with banana
Snack - hi fi bar (healthy extra)
Lunch - tomato and courgette soup
Snack - Orange
Supper - BBQ chicken with peppers and green veg

Tue

Brekkie - Marmite on 2 x toast (healthy extra) - cherries
Lunch - Chicken and Mushroom Pasta in Sauce - side salad
Snack - banana
Supper - Curried mince hot pot with free veg - Mullerlite yoghurt
350 mls Skimmed milk for drinks and pasta in sauce! (healthy extra)

Wed

Brekkie - Baked beans on 2 x toast (healthy extra) - banana
Snack - cherries
Lunch - Cauliflower and horseradish soup
Snack - Options hot chocolate drink (2 syns)
Supper - Beef chilli and rice - side salad - pineapple

Thu

Brekkie - 42g All Bran (healthy extra) with Mullerlite yoghurt and
banana
Lunch - Savoury Rice with salad
Supper - Vegetable and rice soup - pineapple
350mls Skimmed milk for drinks

All of the suppers and lunches are SW recipes :).

Here's the thing that I'm losing sleep over....HOW CAN I CONTINUE TO LOSE WEIGHT IF I NEVER FEEL HUNGRY AND CAN STILL HAVE MY LITTLE TREATS OF AN EVENING????? Does this really work then guys??!! :confused: :D :confused: :D

Hi Cornish Angel, I can vouch for the SW diet, yes it really does work. I've always been one of those people that has tried to maintain a certain weight range, i allow a little freedom but when my weight creeps up, I diet to get it back under control, over the years I have used SW to help me do this and each and every time it's worked. Also bearing in mind that sometimes I only had 8-9 lbs to get off or sometimes a little more.

However, for many reasons in the last 2 years my weight has shot up way higher than it's ever been or that I've been comfortable with, so I restarted slimming world in mid jan and have done really well so far, I do it from home by the way.

I think the point is it's not a diet as such, it's a new way of healthy eating. You can still have your currys but just without the oil or the high cal/fat contents such as cream, you can have a Sunday fry up, but grill it or use fry light instead of oil, so you get to have all the yummy foods we all love but just tweak it a bit to make it SW friendly and voilà it's a new healthy lifestyle without feeling like you're dieting.

Back