Lets do this!!!

It really should be fine. I think if you are too hard on yourself it makes this diet an impossibility. At some point we are going to have to introduce food into our lives and so somehow during this journey build up a better relationship with food. I personally think you should be really chuffed with yourself that you had that chicken and didnt have a total blow-out! its those kind of choices that in tge long run are gonna let you keep the weight off!!

I really doubt you will have done any real damage weight loss wise either.

xxxx

I think you did the right thing it could have been a whole lot worse in moments of weakness I have had chicken too. If I get in a situation such as weekends away or family parties etc just try and make good choices. Stick to low carbs whenever possible but the main thing is dont beat yourself up about it any damage you do can be put right quickly. I just got back from 5 days in Italy totally off plan. I tried to make good choices where possible put on 2 pounds but straight back on 100% when I got back and it was gone in 2 days.

Aw thank you so much this helped loads and loads! You're right I didn't pig out and that's the main thing. I find myself in times of weakness when I'm really hungry feeling as though I'm never going to be able to enjoy food again, or at least until I'm thin. Do any of you have any tips for that? I was thinking of getting a low carb takeaway once a month or something, then i would keep that in my mind and work towards it. Like a burger without the buns or something. Something that I can enjoy that wont do too much damage to ketosis.

Oh my word! Just had my new pack arrive this morning so I tried a bar. They are DELICIOUS!! I was in heaven. It's such a treat to taste chocolate!! I love them! The stinky carbonara, shepherds pie and bolognese are nothing in comparison. I think I could manage rightly on bars and shakes alone :)

I want to start exercising for the first time today. I didn't want to do it the first week to give my body time to adjust but I think today's the day to begin. Is twenty mins of star jumps and dancing enough? I hate exercise lol plus I don't want it to make me hungry.

Hiya Manda, I agree excellent food choice over the Chinese! Well done.

Regarding the exercise, I can't help. I'm a lazy cow and just stick to walking and attempt to hula hoop occasionally :D xx

I think any number of star jumps is way too many but the dancing sounds fine. I didn't do any exercise at all for the first two months but I have now. I would say do what you want and feel you can do on a day by day basis if you feel too tired one day forget about it x

great loss Mand.... they say that too much exercise on this diet at TS can stall your weight loss... when your body is coping on so few calories to start exercising on top in week 2 is prob not the best idea.... Most people stick to walking or gentle forms of exercise until their body has had a chance to get used to the low calorie intake... sometimes baby steps are wiser at this point In your diet than star jumps lol x x x x x

good luck for week 2 xxx

Aw thank you so much this helped loads and loads! You're right I didn't pig out and that's the main thing. I find myself in times of weakness when I'm really hungry feeling as though I'm never going to be able to enjoy food again, or at least until I'm thin. Do any of you have any tips for that? I was thinking of getting a low carb takeaway once a month or something, then i would keep that in my mind and work towards it. Like a burger without the buns or something. Something that I can enjoy that wont do too much damage to ketosis.

Have you thought of adding one low carb meal a week instead of doing the add a meal week? That seemed to work well for me in the past and to be honest I don't think its a bad thing for your metabolism to have one day a week with slightly higher calories whilst keeping in ketosis and so not really having a major impact on losses.

In terms of excersise, first time round I didnt excersise untill I was prob about a month or 2 in other than gentle walking. When I hit a point at which my weight loss had slowed down I began to up the excersise to a point when I was doing reasonably taxing excersise like the 30day shred. I think as said above start gently and let your body tell you whats a sensible amount.

xxxx

Oooh thank you all so much! I tried to exercise and felt dizzy and faint and assumed I was just a special breed of lazy person! Lol! I'm glad to hear I'm not really supposed to be doing any right now. Packing up my whole house to move is definitely excercise in itself!
I was thinking about eating a low carb meal each week definitely! I'd enoy that a lot! Would that be something along the lines of steak and greens, or a ham and chicken omelette something like that? Yes! I think I will do that thank you very much! :) Another TS day under my belt yesterday! Was hard when my daughter couldn't finish her lovely cottage pie with vegetables, and although I felt really wasteful and gloomy, I told her to run and scrape it in the bin before I could get at it. It wasn't that much though. My husband devoured pizza and Cadbury wispas all day grrr! But I got there!

Well done that must have been a test :). The food you mentioned all sound great avoid rice, bread potatoes etc and all food that tastes amazing really ha ha

Yeah ha ha boooo never allowed anything nice are we? I think I'll have an omelette with ham and chicken tonight :) I've got the cold and feel ill. It might help me a bit.

Ok well I went bonkers!! I had chicken and lamb and some veg, then I was starving and ate a naan bread! Of all things! If I'd known I was going to do that I'd have done it right and bought a kebab! My tummy hurts and I feel like crap. Hopefully I won't be thrown out of ketosis and can pick myself up and move on tomorrow. It feels odd having food in my tummy. Plus everything tasted crazy salty!

Good morning Manda.

Let's forget about that naan and give this weekend 100% :)

Hope you're feeling much better this morning, have a good one xx

Morning Manda sometimes that happens I got mugged by a banana muffin once the little blighters sometimes come up and mug you. Put it behind you and go for 100% today.

He he he! Yes it totally wasn't my fault. It just jumped on me. Ugh I've been paying for it all night and this morning. I feel lousy. Defo 100% today!

Sorry your feeling rough,
Those naan breads are cheeky little blighters aren't they ;)

Heres to 100% today!
xxxx

Hiya Manda, hope you're having a good weekend xx

Hi girlies! I've been doing great. 100% weekend :) go me! It's been super easy, I'm not a bit hungry. I think it's because I have a really heavy cold and I'm never hungry when I have a cold. It will help me get a few more 100% days under my belt though, and more used to the regime. I feel better for my set back. It tasted good as I was eating it but I felt awful afterwards and didn't even want to look at food. I'm convinced hunger is all in your head. If you're carrying as much extra weight as I am, surely the body can fairly effortlessly use it up as a source of energy without being in dire need of food. It's just addiction and habit (and in my case greed) that make us reach for loads to eat. I'm delighted at what I'm learning.
My mum hadn't noticed I'd lost weight today. I was a bit miffed but I'm moving house and won't see her for weeks, so hopefully next time I look so much different.

Don't worry about people not saying anything I had dropped 2 dress sizes before anyone said a word to me :) think maybe they thought I had an awful disease!! I had a day at the mother in laws today that involved a lot of vegetables but also unfortunately a hunk of birthday cake made by me so I guess you could call it self inflicted I know I didn't have to eat it but it did look good gave me nasty heartburn though. Revenge of the food! Hope the cold is better soon

Back