Lets do this!!

Discussion in '5:2 Fasting' started by LilEm, 4 February 2014 Social URL.

1. LilEm

LilEm Full Member

Ive been calorie counting for a few weeks now and lost a steady 1lb a week on 1350 calories a day. I have used an online calculator to work out how many calories I need to consume to loose 2lb a week to see how I get on.

The plan is 500 calories twice a week (Monday and Thursday) and 1500 the other five days.

I had my first fast day yesterday which wasnt too bad (I was rather suprised). Although I felt I was really hungry after my first meal, I had a salad box with cheese and dressing (140)at lunchtime so I might try and just have a 500 calorie in the evening instead. Dinner was scallops and mixed veg (242) and I used the rest of my calories on milk in my coffee.

I am currently 13st 10lb hoping to be 10st. I want to loose a large chunk before my holiday in the middle of may. I have started at the gym also.

Lets do this!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. LilEm

LilEm Full Member

So today was my 1500 calorie day (I know your not meant to count calories on your "feast" days but I have no self control not to just blow it all). Food was as follows:

Breakfast: Granola bar - oats & berries (189)

Lunch: Warburtons wrap with ham salad and an apple (394)

Snack (before the gym): 2x oatcakes with a small amount of natural cashew butter and a banana (208)

Dinner: Homemade spag bol using lean turkey mince and lots of veg (628)

Drinks: 2x coffee with semi-skimmed milk (31)

Total 1450/1500

I also done 30mins on the treadmill in the gym (jogging/walking)

Feeling good today, weigh in tomorrow morning :)

4. BerryBerry

BerryBerry Silver Member

Good luck with weigh in LilEm. It sounds like you are off to a great start :)

5. LilEm

LilEm Full Member

Thanks Berry :) Its now 2pm and I have only had 261 calories in some porridge and three cups of coffee because of being so busy at work. So I have decided today's going to be another fast day! Im not even feeling hungry, which is great!

And the scales showed another 2lb loss today making it a total of half a stone :)

6. LilEm

LilEm Full Member

Haha this might sound weird but does anyone keep feeling the need to burp on a fast day? I do and its very embarrassing when in meetings :-/ x

7. LilEm

LilEm Full Member

So I had a successful fast day today. Porridge first thing this morning followed by chicken in soy sauce and honey with veg for dinner this evening leaving just enough calories for a cup of tea :)

8. BerryBerry

BerryBerry Silver Member

I had a similar fast dinner but beef strips instead of chicken. Soy sauce/asian flavours are sooo satisfying for low cal :)

9. LilEm

LilEm Full Member

Today started off well with a 350 calorie breakfast of smoked salmon, srambled egg and a slice of wholmeal toast. It all went to poo when my office ordered pizza for lunch. Eventhough I only had 3 slices of pizza and a handful of crisps I still managed to reach my calorie allowance just after 2 oclock. Its a good job im still full and dont want any dinner :) My stomach is definitely shrinking!

10. LilEm

LilEm Full Member

Yesterday was planned around having a takeaway with friends in the evening foodwise. I had 837 calories left for my chinese but I definitely went over that. Therefore today has been a fast day (3rd for this week).

I went all day without eating anything, I even went to the gym this morning. I had a fajita for my dinner coming to just under my 500 calories. Im off out in town now for some drinks (mine will be water) .... feeling good :)