Lets get the party started!!!

jim is the DADDY :0)xxxx but moo cow its a good man that knows us ladies are superior thus cant be 'handled ' well done :0) thee hee

It's really cool speaking to all of you on here - I've been watching for ages, but have been too scared to make the jump!

But do you know what - if I never see another milkshake again - it'll be too soon!

How are the other ex-VLCD'er's getting on? Did any of you gain much weight?

I had to tell my CDC that I wasn't going to be doing Cambridge anymore - boy that was difficult! But she was really cool and supportive! And said I could call round for a chat and a weigh-in anytime I wanted - thought that was really nice of her!

How long were you on CD and how much did you lose?
Enjoy that steak!

Hiya Island Breeze

Well I was on the CD for about 3 months last year, and then came back to it for the last 2 months of this year! I started at about 16st11lbs and I'm now down to 13st 2lbs - so I'm just a smidge of the BMI 25 mark, but want to get there and keep going to probably around about 12st.

CD is very difficult, and I suppose the worst thing about it is the total non-social life! Like while everyone when to the canteen in work for lunch - I was sat there with my milkshake and a bottle of fizzy water!

I'm just hoping I'll be able to go to the canteen with everyone else now and enjoy some proper food!

How have you found Atkins?

Hi Dan, Ive just recently joined here from Lipotrim and Im an ex-CDer too. Its great on here isnt it!

I didnt gain weight, Ive been on atkins for about 1 week now and Ive lost 4lbs, hoorah!

Glad you enjoyed the steak, I had steak tonight too and it was scrummy!

Good luck with Atkins!

Hi Dan, Ive just recently joined here from Lipotrim and Im an ex-CDer too. Its great on here isnt it!

I didnt gain weight, Ive been on atkins for about 1 week now and Ive lost 4lbs, hoorah!

Glad you enjoyed the steak, I had steak tonight too and it was scrummy!

Good luck with Atkins!

:wave_cry: Hiya Princess! That's fantastic! If I manage to get through the first week without putting anything on I'll be happy - but for you to lose 4lb, that REALLY gives me hope!

How did you find the change over? Have you managed to get to grips with the whole carb counting thing yet? I think I've sort of got it - but I want to make sure I'm not messing things up right from the start!

Dan xx

I found the changeover really not a problem, I remained in ketosis because I started induction straight away.

Ive done atkins before so the carb counting is natural to me..lol. Although I get confused sometimes as which carbs I should be counting. What I struggle with is the amount of fat I seem to to taking in...because Ive done low fat for years, it seems unnatural!!! lol.

Just keep drinking that water though, Im still in a VLCD water-intake frame of mind.

What encouraged me is that there seems to be a lot of people who do come over to Atkins from a VLCD and do well. The weight loss isnt *as* fast I find on a VLCD but I dont care....I needed to eat!!!!!

You'll be fine, just stick with it and you'll get there!

Jeez, LOL

Welcome Dan, Rach pretty much answered your questions. I'd take flax meal for the constipation problems and if your getting your 3 mugs of green leaf veggies a day it shouldn't be much of a problem.

Jeez, LOL

Welcome Dan, Rach pretty much answered your questions. I'd take flax meal for the constipation problems and if your getting your 3 mugs of green leaf veggies a day it shouldn't be much of a problem.

Hiya Jim

Thanks very much for the welcome to your little group of meat eaters...... just wondering if I could clear a few things up as this whole carb counting thing is confusing me at the mo....

This morning I'm going to have two sausages - the label states that it is 2.0g's per sausage - so I take it that's 4.0g's of my 20g allowance. So can I ask how that relates to cups of veg? If I'm allowed 3 cups of veg a day - how can I take away the 4g's that I've already used? I'm a tad confused! .... doesn't take much does it?

I know Jim is off for a nice lunch - but if anyone could help that would be great!

Dan x

Most green veggies/salad are really very low in carbs so I wouldnt worry a great deal. Things like onions or tomatoes are higher so watch out for those.
Do you have the book? There is a carb count list in the back. The cup worth guide is just that a guide, all depends how fine you chop, and how big your cup is lol.

To be honest I dont measure veggies at all (have been doing this a long time though) I just limit to 1/2 onion and 1/2 tom a day. xx

Thanks for that cookie - I was starting to get really worried about how I was going to measure everything ..... I suppose I didn't want it turning into Weight watchers! Heehehehehe!

I'm going to do some home made beef burgers and have some lettuce and cheese, mushrooms and only the smallest bit of onion (not even a quarter) - so I'll count the mushrooms and my 3-4oz of cheese towards my carb count and not really bother about the lettuce?

Am I being special? xx

Rach is right, technically you should be getting the majority of your carbs from the greens Dan. If your only eating unprocessed meat then that would be true. You can subtract the 4 carbs if you like.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh - just found the thing in the back of the book - thanks for the tip! Although I'm not too sure how old this book is, it might be a bit out of date, or has Atkins just stayed mostly the same the whole way through?

Dan the only real changes between the '72 version was the introduction of the Atkins products, that and tomato's being legal on induction. Previously they were in the OWL phase.

Thanks for that Jim - I'll just make sure I try and read the labels to work it all out. I've also printed out your guide, so I know I'll take the cheese off as well - 1g for each oz. I'm going out shopping now and will stock up on everything.

Just a quickie, sorry about all these questions - I promise I'll get the hang of it soon! Is there anything that can be used as gravy? And can you use the reduced sugar HP sauce or is that a no no?

Once again, thanks for all your help! I can't remember the last time I've been sooooo excited about eating again!

And can you use the reduced sugar HP sauce or is that a no no?
Hmm, not sure mate, You'll have to look at the carb count, but seeing as it's main base is molasses I'd doubt it somehow.

I don't really do gravies as my food is mainly wokked, fried or grilled. :)

Some one did post how to do a grave, but I can't remember where.

And can you use the reduced sugar HP sauce or is that a no no?
Hmm, not sure mate, You'll have to look at the carb count, but seeing as it's main base is molasses I'd doubt it somehow.

I don't really do gravies as my food is mainly wokked, fried or grilled. :)

Some one did post how to do a grave, but I can't remember where.

So this is the score for today - please tell me if I'm going in the right direction.....

1 fried egg (in butter - V nice)
2 93% M&S sausages (2g carbs each)
2 slices of bacon

and for dinner

2 burgers (made from mince with a little salt and pepper)
Less than a quarter of an onion to mix in with the mince
1 cup of mushrooms
1 cup of spinach
50g cheedar cheese
2 slices of bacon
(all in all 2 burgers to die for!)

Any thoughts? Is that enough/too many carbs?

I'm feeling great today - don't know if it's anything to do with eating or not - but I'm just a very happy chappy at the mo!

hey moo ,
ive bought carb free tomato sauce on lcm im sure they had other options too , not sure if it wld cause a stall but ive had no probs but i only had a little with a burger and celariac chips id made , just finished it off nice :0) (especially mixed with mayo :0)

Back