Let's get this arse into gear... First developers Mini-Goal *ladylite cum in!*

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by lighterlifeclaire, 26 February 2008 Social URL.

1. lighterlifeclaire

lighterlifeclaire Silver Member

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    24st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    18st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Tesco Diets/ Calorie Counting
    Well... Day two back on shakes... going well so far, but am really just taking it day by day. I have not been hungry, and have just had my 4th shake... off to bed in a bit.

I decided I needed a mini-goal to keep me on track... I lost 66lbs in the 100 days I've already done, and am guessing the weight loss is going to slightly slow down. So... in light of this I've set a goal of 20lbs in a month (well, this is from my last weigh in... which was the 20th...but baring in mind I've only been back on track since yesterday it might be tough!) Nevermind... should be fine...

One message for Ladylite... I saw ur post earlier about falling off the wagon because your feeling a bit poorly. I know we are at the same stage so you would have had your first developers meeting last week... Do you want to set a mini-goal too and we can do it together?? :)

Also..... obviously, if anyone else wants to join in, please do... I'm just rubbish at keeping track of everyone sorry :eek:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

my goal is to weigh 12.5 stone by easter which means I have to lose 1.5 stone between now and then, or 6.125 lb a week ... it ain't gonna happen. Being more realistic .. I will have a goal of losing 1 stone between now and Easter which means I need to lose 5lb a week ... starting today (although I'm weighed on Mondays and I didn't have a very good evening tonight but I am determined and the only way of achieving my goal is by being 100%, not 99,not 95, not 90).

I WILL BE 100% AS OF RIGHT NOW THIS MINUTE UNTIL EASTER MONDAY!!!!!!!

But, I'll need encouragement I think. I always start the day feeling good and then I start to struggle as evening approaches. And this evening, I didn't win the battle.

:whacky068:

4. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Oh, sorry you are struggling a wee bit Dancing. Do you think it is because of the planned break for your holiday? Reason I am asking, I go home end of may May for 3 weeks and am torn about what I am going to do diet wise. I will nto be at goal...reckon I wil be 2 or more stone from goal. I thnk I am going to have to stay on the packs, but will be hard. I thin if I took a break though, it would be harder getting back on track.

In any event, good on you for your goal and your committment. Just remmeber every night when you feel thempted that on this site in big letters are your words:

I WILL BE 100% AS OF RIGHT NOW THIS MINUTE UNTIL EASTER MONDAY!!!!!!!.

Maybe have a look at them each evening before temptation strikes to reinforce your committment. And have some plans for evenings....stock up some good books, or DVDs, or plan some pamper time...anything to distract you at the point where you feel weakest!!

I know you can do this if you put your mind to it....you have had great results, just keep focused and sail through!! COme one here if you feel tempted!!

You can do it!!

XX

Dancing likes this.
  5. ladylite

ladylite Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Claire my darling most definately, I am feeling crap but managed to get to work, I am bloody freezing, determined to get on track today even if it kills me (at least I wont feel then :D).

I am ssooooooo bloody cold and when you are ill and you really need the water that is sooooooo cold also.

Right a goal and I will write on my signature, just gonna go away and work out a realistic one, adding up in not my fawtey (sp).

I have to admit I wont get a gold star for doing this diet but I am defo determined to prove that you dont have to be a top scholar to get there in the end.;)

6. ladylite

ladylite Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Christ 20lbs, well done you Claire.

Well I will be very sensible, as as I am older:( and shorter:( I will say 1 stone, thats 14lbs.

I will start on Saturday as I am going to class this Saturday as by the time I get home tonight I will be dead and have already decided to miss tonights WI - (Come on everyone - ahhhhhhhhhhhh).

Thanks EVERYONE for you encouragement and Claire your post made me get into gear;).

7. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

Hi Blonde Logic. I am in no doubt that my struggles these past two months are due to my planned break on my 5 week holiday. I lost the "zone".

But I know it isn't the only reason. I feel way more comfortable with how I look now. Before I was an obese awful looking creature, instructed to lose weight by my surgeon after injurying my knee playing tennis (while 8 stone overweight). Now, I like the way I look. .... I still want to lose fat on my upper thighs, bottom of my stomach, upper arms. But I'm more comfortable with everything and feel more confident. So that means the driving force has gone and I now have to dig deep to lose this last bit.

Blonde Logic - when I went on my holiday I was 2 and half to 3 stone from goal. So you will be closer to your goal. I truly think it will be harder for you to return to the zone after a planned break than it will be for you to stick to abstinance while you are on a 3 week holiday. I've been there and I know.

......... of course, we humans are often struck by the "it won't happen to me" attitude. If you are, I wish you all the support and luck in the world. I will be at my goal by then but will be here for anyone who is struggling as a result of that attitude scuppering their plans

8. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Thanks for that Dancing. Yeah, I am so torn about my holiday - its my moms 90th birthday so there is a huge BBQ, others will invite us to BBQs, we will be in San Francisco on a few nights out, all my favourite foods from home are there - it will be bloody murder!!! BUT - losing weight is my priority.

I was hoping to maybe operate on kind of a RTM plan for three weeks. But I feel that could be hard to come back to too. ITs going to be a very tough decision. We will be doing a road trip so will be all meals out - so that will be hard too.

I don;t want to sound like I am making excuses to eat - but I miss all my favourite foods from home, an dthat is part of the enjoyment of our holidys back there. It doesn;t mean I want to bonge, or go overboard, but a meal a day would be nice. BUt I am afraid of losing the zone as you say.

I am not making my mind up now - will see where I am in May. But I think if I am honest with myself, I am probably going to have to be on the diet. That won;t be the end of the world. BUt it will be hard. But it has to be my priority. I can always bring back a few favourites to have later.

I may be picking your brain more befor the time comes though!!!

WIshing you courage and strength to nail this last little bit of weight of yours!!! I know you will do it. :)

XX

9. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

of course, you may be better at it than me.

My holiday was to my home country and I had all the same thoughts in my head as you. And, yes, I even decided that while I was away I'd do something like rtm on the days it was too difficult to do only packs. On special days (christmas, etc) I was going to eat 3 packs a day and have a sensible protein meal while out. It didn't happen. Worked for a few days but then it got more and more difficult for various reasons (lack of toilets available, lack of food choices, too much temptation from non healthy local food that I hadn't had for years and didn't know when I'd have again).

For the first week, I kept trying and whenever I could I'd try to have a full pack day and drink all the water. But there were too many days of not being able to do that. It was a nightmare and I was getting quite worked up about it and it seemed like I was going in and out of ketosis, etc, etc, etc. So, for my sanity and the enjoyment of my holiday I decided to just not stress about the food and just eat. I never cooked and so my food options weren't always good. I ate junk food too and drank alcohol. But I didn't overdo the quantities.

It may be easier for you. Definitely go with the intention of not eating/doing RtM-type eating and then take one day at a time. I wouldn't advise you to go with the attitude that you are going to have a full break.

And, yes, you are right to leave the decision until May - my state of mind kept changing as I approached the holiday and as my weight lowered. Just see how you go.

Thanks for the best wishes too .... I'm feeling v. positive so far.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.