Let's hope it helps

Wednesday 22/09/10 (green day):

Breakfast:
5 scan brans (HEB), 1 ELlaughing cow (1 syn), 1 tsp red sugar jam (0.5 syn), 28g melted cheese (HEA)
It took me ages to eat them and I was late for work because of it!!!

Snack:
Lidl cereal bar (5 syns)

Lunch:
couscous (0.5 syns), 20g feta (3 syns), cucumber, tomatoes, 4 olives (0.5 syns)
strawberries and melon

Snack:
1slice wholemeal (800g loaf) with 28g cheese melted
strawberries

Dinner:
tomato, bacon and lentil soup from the extra easy book (I made it yesterday and it was gorgeous :D) but I'll take the bacon bits out to fit in with the green plan.
yogurt + fruit
I just need to resist the bread with the soup but because it's so filling it should be ok...At worse I can have a small slice of wholemeal bread (400g, I've got both sizes in the freezer) and I should still be withing my syns)

TOTAL: 10.5 syns

I'm planning my first success express day tomorrow and I'm wondering if the 2/3 superfree can come from fruit too.

Looking through my old books, I think the 2/3 has to be physically on your plate (i.e. as portion control).
But I guess you could only fill 1/3 of your plate with red/green foods, leave the rest empty then eat fruit afterwards?? Shouldn't make a difference...
Also the superfree on the old success express plan included things which were free on both plans like FF cottage cheese, quorn, eggs etc so was a bit easier to fit in. This is what I'm going to try anyway ;)

I'm not sure I had a real success express day today but never mind, at least I've eaten healthily!!!

Breakfast:
wholemeal bun (HEB) + 2 Quorn sausages + 1tbsp ketchup (1syn)
pear

Lunch:
Wholemeal bun + chicken + lettuce + tomatoes (quite a lot to try to boost the 2/3 superfree!), spread of mustard mayo (1 syn)
banana, melon, strawberries

Snack: lidl cereal bar in the morning (5 syns)

Dinner:

Just getting chili con carne from the freezer, it's already got loads of veg (peppers, carrots, celery, mushrooms and tomatoes) but I'm going to boil some peas to put on 1/3 of my plate, leaving a little third for rice.
+ grated cheese (one HEA or 2 since I've got both left)
I might eat a little avocado which I would syn.

Is the chilli meat or veggie? It'll have to be part of the 1/3 if meat...

Mmmm I love grated cheese on a chilli, and a blob of LF creme fraiche is lovely on it too

Lunch looks fine and breakfast would be as I'm sure the sausages took up 2/3 of it along with the pear too...
Well done, you're doing really well

Thanks Sarah,
The chili was meat so I'm not sure I had the 2/3 superfree food but at least I must have been close with my third of peas added!
EE today although I'm going out for a meal tonight...Italian so I'll stick to pasta in tomato sauce.
Off to get ready now :D

Friday 24/09/10:
EE turned into flexi day :eek:

Breakfast:
Scrambled eggs + 1 slice of wholemeal toast (HEB)

Snack:
Lidl cereal bar (5 syns)

Lunch:
Chicken pasta salad with the usual + 1tsp EL mayo (0.5 syns)
Pear + banana

Dinner out:
1kir royal, 1 desperado beer
Mussels in tomato and chili
ricota and spinach ravioli in tomato sauce
1/2 bottle red wine
1 panacota
1 sambuca
= 1 very good night but also 1 milion syns :eek:
Anyway, I had made the choice of going flexi so I'm ok with it...and I don't even have a hangover ;)

Saturday 25/09/10
Will try to have a success express day but I'll have to see what happens for lunch.
We're going to my parents-in-law until about 1 and they said they would make sandwiches. I think I'll have just a little sandwich there and then soup when I get home (made one with butternut squash, carrot, celeri and one baby potato so follows the 2/3 rule well)

Anyway, here goes:

Breakfast:
scrambled eggs, mushrooms, 1 sl of wholemeal, small loaf (1/2 HEB), tiny bit of LF spread (1 syn)

Lunch:
Here's what I had at my in-laws:
Half a slice of mascarpone and ham pizza (just checked online: 63 syns for the pizza :eek:, divided by 6 slices, then one slice shared with my daughter so 5 syns)
Roast chicken, lettuce, tomatoes for an open sandwich (HEB), gherkins, extra cherry tomatoes and 4 olives (0.5 syns)
A tiny piece of chocolate cake bought in Ikea (literally 2 mouthfull, my mother-in-law grazes all the time and therefore is never really hungry so she always serves tiny portions, which I'm grateful for today!) I would say 5 syns

So 10.5 syns for my lunch, I'm not really hungry for soup right now though so can't turn it into Success express.

Dinner:
Britmum's chicken with salsa and feta (need to look at the recipe again but I think it'll be about 1 syn)
+ carrots and peas if I don't go shopping or roasted veg if I do!

Last edited:
Sounds like you had a lovely night out on Friday - food sounds delish. Especially pannacotta yum yum.
Your lunch today is very controlled too - especially checking the pizza online!
I'll have to check out that Britmum recipe, sounds yum. Is it on her Slimmingeats website? Let us know what it's like x

Yes it is on her website.
However I ended up making chicken fajitas instead so definitely not a success express day! I might be able to change it to EE by counting this morning's bread as 3 syns.
I had one wholemeal wrap at 6.5 syns, chicken and peppers, lettuce, tomatoes all free, then 1 tsp salsa (0.5 syns?), 1 tsp reduced fat sour cream (1 syn), grated cheese (HEA, probably less actually).

TOTAL TODAY: 22.5 syns... I think!

The problem was that I didn't eat enough at lunchtime. Although I wasn't hungry straight after, by 5 o'clock I was starving and didn't fancy vegetable soup. I fancied something naughty but easy to make!
Oh well, tomorrow I'll get back 100% on track. I've got the soup for lunch and I'll have brocoli spaghetti for dinner to make it a green day, then I can have cheese on toast as snack!!! I just need to make sure we don't end up going out for lunch (my sister-in-law has come back for the weekend and we often have lunch out when she is here!)

I've had a pretty naughty weekend too... but back on track today!
At least you didn't go completely all out on Saturday - you could have done much worse than home-made fajitas!
I bought a schwartz coriander and lemon fajita seasoning kit recently and really fancy making some but I'm not sure I could stop at one wrap...

Thanks,
I think years of slimming world has made me more sensible in my binging...if it makes sense! I'm still pretty bad some days but I'm not as bad as I used to. For instance, if I fancy a burger, McDonalds or KFC don't even come to my mind but I'll get mince and make one myself (the problem is that I would eat it with my third "HEB" of the day, extra cheese (that I don't count obviously!) and all sorts of extra syns.
Anyway, I did end up eating out yesterday but I had a jacket potato and salad.

Sunday 26/09/10 EE

Breakfast:
Quorn sausages, tomatoes, egg, 1 slice from small wholemeal loaf

Lunch:
Jacket potato + cheese (Not as much as I would have liked but at least that means it fits into 2 HEA) + salad
Sweets (about 5 syns)

Dinner:
Homemade soup (potato, carrots, butternut squash, celeri)
3 slices bread (from 400g loaf) (1/2 HEB1 + HEB 2)
+ LF spread (3 syns)
banana

Just come back from weigh in and I lost 2 pounds. I'm very happy with that. I've had a night out and a lunch out, a few sweets but I was very good the rest of the time. I think success express helped and I enjoyed the extra HEBs.

However, I'm absolutely starving now and really close to bingeing on bread if I step in the kitchen!
I called my husband just before heading back home from class asking him to cut a potato into wedges and spray it with frylight...Guess what I had to do when I got home? Yes! Make my own potato wedges :mad: (just after clearing his plates, washing the baby's bottle and tidying up the kitchen)...And he is now telling me I should relax otherwise I'll get a cold sore :mad: I'm going to kill him!!! (Oh and he finished the bottle of wine too :sigh:)

Anyway, rant over, potato wedges should be ready soon, I'll comfort eat the slimming world way and I'll feel better ;)

Congratulations on your loss!!!
And don't worry about your hubby - I'm sure he didn't mean it! I know mine can be very tactless and not very thoughtful sometimes but doesn't mean it!

How were the wedges? (I bet they tasted 10 times better than if he'd made them anyway!!)

Thanks Sarah,
Actually you're right the wedges were exceptionally good...I had them with aubergine slices topped with a tomato sauce (from the freezer, can't find it online and can't be bothered to get the pack out of the freezer to calculate the syns!!!).
Today I was on a course in Leeds. I had a really long day and couldn't be bothered cooking tonight so we had the can of chick pea dhal I bought in Sainsbury's with rice and spinach. I know the Asda one is free but I thought this one mustn't be too bad either...Well I was very wrong: I've just checked and it's 11 syns for the can.
For the rest of the day I haven't been really good either (but I tried sometimes!).
For breakfast I had 2 slices of wholemeal (from 400g loaf) with 2 slices of Edam (HEB + HEA + probably 2 syns)
Then I had an alpen light bar (3 syns)
Once I arrived at the course I had a fantastic biscuit (really, really nice and soft - so probably a pound of butter in it!) (6 syns?)
For lunch I was very good but that was because after the salad starter nobody on my table went for main course and I didn't want to appear greedy! So I had lettuce, tomato, cucumber, 2 potatoes (with a kind of mustard mayo, 2 syns), 2 ham slices and a little wholemeal bun (with 10g of butter, 6 + 3 syns). Then I had fruit salad.
2 hours later and we had another break with cake and fruit kebab. I had both (so another 5-6 syns for the cake, it wasn't very big).
And then obviously there was the chick pea dhal at 5.5 syns for half of it + a glass of wine (6 syns)...
I'm not even going to count the syns.

Tomorrow we have open evening at school and I'll be there until 8 at night. There will be food provided so I don't think I'll do very well again. I don't have much fruit in the house either so it's a bit difficult. Nevermind, on Friday afternoon I'll go shopping and I'll get back on track. I'll try to do some success express days to compensate at the weekend. I certainly don't want a gain next Tuesday.

That's spooky - I was in Leeds for a meeting on Wednesday!!
Bit more of a trek for me to get there though I guess.

It's always horrible when you have food laid on - you've just got to make the best of what's there, and sometimes it's easier just to have whatever is offered than to sit there starving with everyone pestering you asking why you're not eating!!
Don't feel so bad - it could have been much much worse and a couple of Success Express days should get you right back on track

Funny about the Sainsbury's chickpea dahl - I wonder what they put in it different to Asda which equates to 11syns!! Did it taste much different?

Hey! maybe we saw each other in Leeds! I was at the Queen's hotel, very posh hotel next to the station.
I think the difference between the two chick pea dhal must be mainly the amount of oil in it...I'll try the asda one and see if the 5.5 syns were worth it...although I doubt it!
Today hasn't been very good either food wise but I went shopping and I'll start afresh tomorrow morning.

Menu for Saturday:
Success Express

Breakfast:
Quorn sausage, eggs, tomatoes and mushrooms

Lunch:
Pumpkin soup + bread (HEB) and maybe ham with it, depending on how much potato I put in the soup (probably just a little one for a whole pumpkin so might be ok with ham)
+ fruit and yogurt

Snack:
Second lot of bread (HEB) + cheese (HEA)

Dinner:
Either chicken + roasted veg or mushroom spaghetti + side salad to add more superfree
+ fruit

My office is on Neville St next to the Hilton so I kinda walked past the Queens to get there!! Food's still looking good, love the sound of pumpkin soup... my fave recipe is a Jamie O one - it's a thai style one with coconut milk and rice. Yum yum. Might re-visit and see if I can make it SW friendly

I just made mine very simply: onion, pumpkin, carrot, stock and 28g of soft goat's cheese...It was delicious. You could maybe replace the coconut milk with coconut essence. I use some in curries sometimes.

Saturday 02/10/10:
Success Express

Breakfast:
Quorn sausage, eggs, tomatoes and mushrooms + 1 tbsp ketchup (1 syn)

Lunch:
Pumpkin soup (1 syn for cheese although it's probably less as there is more than 6 portions in the pan) + wholemeal bun(HEB) + ham slices
Banana + pear

Snack:
1 slice of wholemeal, big loaf (HEB) + 42 g reduced fat cheddar (HEA)
banana, mullerlight

Dinner:
Mushroom spaghetti + pineapple and plum (I left a space on my plate of spaghetti to make it 2/3 superfree!)
Shape white chocolate dessert (5.5 syns)
1 chocolate (2 syns)
1/2 glass of wine (3 syns)

TOTAL: 12.5 syns

Went to class yesterday and put on a pound which is not surprising given that I probably had 3 days on plan this week, if that. I haven't been that great today but I'm getting back to it tomorrow.
Here's my menu:

Breakfast:
Quorn sausage + wholemeal bun + ketchup (1 syn)
Pear

Snack:
Apple

Lunch:
Wholemeal bun + 56g cheese (2 HEA) + cherry tomatoes
apple + activia yogurt + plums

Dinner:
Roast potatoes + green beans + mushrooms
and probably fruit and yogurt and an option hot chocolate (2 syns)

It will be either a green day or if I can stick to the 2/3 superfree rule a success express day.

Sorry to hear you put on 1lb, but at least you know the reasons why, much more frustrating if you don't!
I'm fearing WI on Saturday - had a bad 3 days Sat, Sun and Mon so doing Success Express Tues - Fri. Going ok so far but a pain in the evenings trying to fill 2/3 of my plate with veg!!

Looks like you had a good day yesterday, are you going to try anything different this week to try and pull it back?x

Hi Sarah,
That menu was actually my planning for today!
I had exactly what I had planned for breakfast and lunch but I had jacket potato with tuna, a bit of cheese and LF cottage cheese + salad...Which really made me have a green day with 3 HEB or a not really by the rule success express...Either way, could have done better.
Tomorrow I'll go for EE as I have to eat school lunch and planning to get a jacket potato with tuna and salad (not much in the fridge for homemade lunch!). I'll have toast for breakfast and home made chicken curry for dinner.
This weekend I'm going to try to have two good success express days. I'll have time to prepare more vegetables. I'm also going to go back to my pasta salads for school next week...and I'll try to use the exercise bike gathering dust in the spare room!

Back